• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weetrick

Watching more of the Mighty No 9 quick look Brad and Dan failing to think of more than like 4 kickstarter games is honestly pretty embarassing.

Darkest Dungeon, FTL, Banner Saga, Shadowrun, Volgarr, Risk of Rain, just to name some games Giant Bomb, you know, played a whole bunch of.

Brad and Dan - FAKE GAMERS CONFIRMED

BearPawB

Banned
Jeff is such a good dude. Wish he was my boss.

I think people don't appreciate enough that Jeff is a dude who gives a shit about what he does.

So many people in this world hate their jobs/ do the minimum they can to succeed.

Jeff gives a shit. Maybe that shouldn't be impressive, but it is to me

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With how poorly MN9 was received, with how many delays it got hit with and just how much bad will Inafune garnered

I would not be surprised if Red Ash just never comes out and no one gets their money back

Myggen

With how poorly MN9 was received, with how many delays it got hit with and just how much bad will Inafune garnered

I would not be surprised if Red Ash just never comes out and no one gets their money back

I`ve seen your avatar on at least one other user. Avatar bet or something?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I`ve seen your avatar on at least another user. Avatar bet or something?

Everybody's just finally coming around to Germany's greatest export of the past twenty years.

alex-wright-o.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I`ve seen your avatar on at least one other user. Avatar bet or something?

Alex Wright is the 2016 winner of the Avatar Royal Rumble.

I can't blame you if you don't know what it's from as the last 2 years we had complete nobodies win it.

yami4ct

I bought DOOM and Wolfenstein you guys.

Plis better be right about Wolf and you all better be right about DOOM. It's going to take almost a week to download both on my connection.

50 gigs a piece. Jeez.

LiK

Plis better be right about Wolf and you all better be right about DOOM. It's going to take almost a week to download both on my connection.

50 gigs a piece. Jeez.

If you don't like them, don't even talk to us anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mega Man X is so much better than Mega Man 1. Like if you want to argue 2 is better than X, I'll hear you out.

But no way is 1 better than X.

BearPawB

Banned
I have never been able to get into the og megaman games

Love x1 and x2 though.

I think the og games were always too hard for me

50 gigs a piece. Jeez.

I loved DOOM™ but didn't get much into Wolfenstein. I want to give Wolf another chance though.

50 gigs a piece. Jeez.

Both are great games but I enjoyed Doom more thanks to the upgrade + rune system.

Wolf is god-tier. Tone and writing off the charts, it's weird as fuck but it totally works for me. 11/10.

Doom is amazing but very 1-note. Plays that note really really well but by the time you're done you'll probably go "that note was very nice but I could go for a different note now." 9/10

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wolfenstein was better paced and had better side characters, but Doom had a much, much better villain, a way more interesting and engaging weapon growth and playstyle and didn't have a dumb meathead love story.

Only the writing kept Wolfenstein from feeling like a complete slog. You saw all there was to the gameplay in about the first hour.

Meneses

50 gigs a piece. Jeez.

Wolfenstein was alright.

Doom was cool but halfway through I was already bored.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People complained about Geralt being a dull character, but I enjoyed that aspect of him. I noticed in 3 and especially Hearts of Stone, he tries to be witty, flirty, clever and he comes off like the biggest annoying prick on the planet. The way he delivers the lines is just so awkward and forced. Like he 'has to be clever' or people on the internet will complain he's one dimensional. Even though Witchers are supposed to be flat, dry characters. And it's not even good dry humor.

I think Witcher 2 & 3 taught me that if they did a future game series set in that world, it should be a series of multiple playable characters with different episodes rather than one large epic with one character. And none of those characters should be Geralt, Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, or Dandelion. Because they are all the worst.

Roche and Iorveth Odd Couple game please.

I can't play Wolf due to that one particular scene at the start and various other points of really bad violence on people throughout the story. Doom is fine because demons.

It's really stupid.

Weetrick

Bought my first game from this Steam Sale - Darkest Dungeon.

It's been on my wishlist ever since the Quick Look with Alex, Vinny and Austin. Just finished downloading it and I'm about to start playing. Wish me luck, I heard this game is brutal.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Watched the Best Friends video, they seemed to enjoy it. Seems like just more Trials, but batshit.

It's kinda "More Trials with less Trials"
I played 1,5 hours and then decided to refund it. Apparently the game is 2-3 hours long so I feel good about that. It's not good. Even the Trials part feels less interesting than before (there are no 3 "goals" in the levels etc). And the on-foot stuff is just terrible. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom