• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Just started The Lobby, I feel like I don't know anyone at Gamespot anymore. Both of these people talking about Deus Ex, I've never seen before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they will notice/have the mouse acceleration issues that seem to be plaguing the PC Perfomance thread? Either way excited for Rambo Cyberpunk Jeff.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They're playing the XB1 version, so Jeff might not comment on it.

Oh lame, I wanted was to see the PC version in action. I guess they didn't want to fiddle too much since apparently it needs INSANELY high specs to run at Ultra. Makes sense.

Too bad I won't see it on PC tho, want to hear someone trustworthy's opinion of the mouse stuff.

If i bought last year's, is it worth an upgrade?

I dunno, I haven't played since 2014 I think. It seems okay so far. Apparently there's some good improvements to franchise mode but I haven't gotten into that yet. The commentary seems better? Though that's not saying much. Tutorial stuff is very good, they actually explain like offensive strategy and shit. Instead of "heres the throw button" its "here's why you should call this pass play against this defense and what defensive back you should watch."

Number of Turduckens in this year's Madden?

why didn't you just play last year's madden

I don't respect myself

Lijik

The one that bugged me the most was in Scarface: The World is Yours (a great game and I won't hear otherwise) the mooks you're shooting would spout Tony Montana quotes at Tony Montana.

"I take you all to fucking hell!"

"I'll take all your fucking bullets!"

"You gonna need a fucking army to take me!"

my favorite weird factoid about this game is it shared the same team and composer as Crash of the Titans so they added some Scarface nods and even a remix of one of the games tracks while youre going through Cortex's mansion at the end

Santar

The new Deus Ex sure does look generic, grey and kinda bad visually.
A lot of stiffly animated characters talking with badly animated faces.
The visuals just look weird in this game, not realistic and not quite stylished either. Almost like a upgraded last gen game.
At least the gold filter gave the previous game some identity visually. Mankind Divided just looks drab.

Deus Ex looked nice.

CqlFv9mVYAAvJIx.jpg:large

Soon.

Oh lame, I wanted was to see the PC version in action. I guess they didn't want to fiddle too much since apparently it needs INSANELY high specs to run at Ultra. Makes sense.

Too bad I won't see it on PC tho, want to hear someone trustworthy's opinion of the mouse stuff.

Jeff did mention briefly that it's the best version but didn't go further then that comment.

KingKong

They made the world so detailed that it's hard to see what items you can interact with in Deus Ex. That's a weird complaint to have but you'll know what I mean if you're playing it

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff did mention briefly that it's the best version but didn't go further then that comment.

My guess is he mostly used a controller when he did it, so the issues didn't bother him. That or he just doesn't notice mouse acceleration in general which I feel like is usually very obvious to someone who has played as many first person shooters (especially the old ones) as he has.

They made the world so detailed that it's hard to see what items you can interact with in Deus Ex. That's a weird complaint to have but you'll know what I mean if you're playing it

The solution to that will just be to implement a Witcher or Dragon Age: Inquisition-style ping, which no one truly wants.

The pursuit of realism must end at some point; it is a fool's quest.

FStop7

Banned
I didn't realize that I cared the slightest bit about Mankind Divided spoilers until I started watching the quick look. I stopped it in under a minute. I guess I'm kind of surprised with myself because spoilers never really concern me.

KingKong

The solution to that will just be to implement a Witcher or Dragon Age: Inquisition-style ping, which no one truly wants.

The pursuit of realism must end at some point; it is a fool's quest.

I picked up an upgrade that will highlight important objects so I should be good

I have to say, the game gives a really poor first impression, I don't know what they were thinking with that first person cutscene. Once you get out into the hub you just settle into a groove and it's all good

I had to unsub from the premium Bombcast feed and sub to the regular feed because the premium version doesn't come out in time for my commute home...

#PremiumPeopleProblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom