• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
Kinda hard to seperate the art from the artist when the art is also terrible!

I wonder if any of the coasts will do anything with the Nioh Beta now that that's up?
The alpha stream GBeast did was a funny mess but I'd like someone to actually take a real stab at it.

because we're not supposed to separate the art from the artist

I think that's for everyone to decide personally, but it's hard to separate PA's art from their own views and politics, when they've grown closer and closer together over the years. The art has somehow, bizarrely, gotten way worse, too. I still like some of their old work, though (have to admit that SC comic got a laugh out of me).

Jintor

What? Death of the author.

I just don't kind either the artist or the art. (Tycho's okay but his sesquipedalian loquaciousness gets the better if him and also he can have weird opinions sometimes)

PA peaked in 2004 imho. You could make a case for 06

repeater

I know they said they wouldn't do but they should really do it.
chjNzhYl.jpg
"Sir, he's anime!". Drew's quip game is god tier.

Also, one of my favorite Jeff quotes ever is from a recent Bombcast where he said "The final boss from Revengeance is looking surprisingly electable these days." (or something close to that).

I think that's for everyone to decide personally, but it's hard to separate PA's art from their own views and politics, when they've grown closer and closer together over the years. The art has somehow, bizarrely, gotten way worse, too. I still like some of their old work, though (have to admit that SC comic got a laugh out of me).

Yeah, their art's a real fucking sideshow these days, and the writing's not much better.

That being said, they made some really funny shit back in the day.

KingKong

I feel like I'm missing something with Mafia 3. It looks like a generic by the numbers open world game. I had to laugh when they were describing the side missions as important because they will help you take over territory

BearPawB

Banned
I feel like I'm missing something with Mafia 3. It looks like a generic by the numbers open world game. I had to laugh when they were describing the side missions as important because they will help you take over territory

I think that is kind of why I am into it?

It looks like a game that knows it is a videogame.

Metal Gear Rising would make a great Extra Life stream game.

Its like 5 hours long. Drew has already run out of Halos to play. DO IT THIS YEAR

We dont have many GTA clones anymore. People are hungry for them now.

And I think Mafia 3 looks decent. I have my eye on that one.

So, I'm currently playing through the Mr. Robot game that Telltale published. It was made by Night School Studios, the folks that did Oxenfree, and takes place during the first season of the show. I'm kinda really digging it.

It starts off with you finding a phone, and most of the game (so far) takes place through a series of text and phone interactions. All of the text interaction involve choice, and I can't speak to how much the game changes when you choose one thing over another, but there have been situations where I wouldn't have known the answer unless I had sent a message to someone else asking for help.

It's not a 3D or 2D style game, it literally takes place on a phone interface. You get random texts throughout the day, some from friends of the person who's phone you found, notifications from services the original owner was subscribed to, group messages from their friends and, of course, interaction with some of the characters from the show.

It's pretty well written, so far, as most of the texting feels legit. Obviously, if you're not a fan of the show you're not going to enjoy it.

Just in time.

Damn Blacklist was a good game. I need to go back and finally finish it.

It's a fantastic game, enjoyed playing it. Also, the co-op mode in that game is legit.

I currently am gonna beat this soon. It's a fine game as long as you love relaxing games. Started it after beating Headlander, which is great because of how different the game is.

There was a Mirror's Edge sequel released this year

Shame more people didn't give it a chance, I adore the movement in that game. Enjoyed my time with it, if there is anything I disliked is when it FORCES you into combat against enemies, which it does a few times but otherwise you're always free to run and do some sick parkour moves.

The one that bugged me the most was in Scarface: The World is Yours (a great game and I won't hear otherwise) the mooks you're shooting would spout Tony Montana quotes at Tony Montana.

"I take you all to fucking hell!"

"I'll take all your fucking bullets!"

"You gonna need a fucking army to take me!"

Oh man, the game that has a balls meter. I used to play that game just to mash the button where you could swear and say shit.

daydream

Banned
thanks, guys. not calling out anyone in particular, of course, but the last thread was a bit dead and there was discussion in here that could have taken place in the thread, i felt

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
thanks, guys. not calling out anyone in particular, of course, but the last thread was a bit dead and there was discussion in here that could have taken place in the thread, i felt
I do love your Bombcast threads!
These live Bombcasts introduced a new problem in that I listen to it much later in audio form, though. So I'm way late to the discussion.

killroy87

Only now listening to last week's Bombcast, and I was listening to the discussion about Metroid Federation Force. Now, I'll preface that I know nothing about that game and don't care to play it, but I was getting frustrated hearing Jeff speak to definitively about it after saying he'd only played the tutorial and first mission (which I assume is no more than 30 minutes), and doing it solo no less.

I mean, I could have told you from the beginning that it would be a game Jeff wouldn't like, almost no aspect of it speaks to his sensibilities, but he was even answering questions like "Is Samus involved in it at all" with genuine responses, and not at all qualifying it with "to be fair, I've given this thing almost no chance at all".

I dunno, it's not a big deal, and Federation Force is certainly not a game I'm teeming with passion for, but it was frustrating me. I have a huge pet peeve when people speak to things they know little about.

Anjin M

You are frustrated that Jeff gave short shrift to a game that you are fully aware is not a Jeff game?

I don't know, man. I've never played a game where playing longer has ever overcome a bad first impression.

killroy87

You are frustrated that Jeff gave short shrift to a game that you are fully aware I'd not a Jeff game?

I don't know, man. I've never played a game where playing longer has ever overcome a bad first impression.

...ever? Lol, I feel like there have been a lot of games that have taken me more than 30 minutes to get into.

Not saying it would happen here, but just in principle.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really really like Dan at GBEast. His bottomless curiosity just mixes so incredibly well with Alex and Vinny in a way that works even better than with the West crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom