• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan moved to NYC to transform into David Letterman
6tittZ2.jpg

The new hire

I think the radio guy is a much better fit tbh

hamchan

I need more VRodeo to help me decide whether to buy VR. Their scientific methods of covering games is extremely important in my decision. They would be doing a great public service, so they absolutely need to do it.

Xater

I need more VRodeo to help me decide whether to buy VR. Their scientific methods of covering games is extremely important in my decision. They would be doing a great public service, so they absolutely need to do it.

Let me help you out. Don't buy a VR headset. Wait a year or two.

More VRodeo is still welcome though.

Seventy70

I'm of the firm opinion that Dan should move to NY permanently.

It's kind of perfect because too much Dan is too much and GBeast definitely seem to have a quality over quantity thing going on right now.

Idk, to me he seems to be a better fit on the West. There's Jason who he has funny dynamic with. There's the cool Drew/Dan interactions. Jeff can at least relate somewhat to his interest in junk food and it's fun to see Brad's reactions to Dan's shenanigans.

Vinny, Alex, and Jeff Bakalar seem to have their own vibe going on over on the East. They are more laid back and Dan feels out of place to me there.

Xater

As a VR headset owner, I can say that this advice is correct.

And I am not saying this because I think VR is dumb (I think VR is pretty cool), it's just still too early to see how it will go for the tech and it's success. There are just way too many question marks right now and I would not recommend anyone jumping in, especially not at these asking prices.

LiK

VRodeo is one of the best things they are doing. More useful than any text review or some video demo online. Love how they show what it's like to just jump in and see what it's like.

derFeef

And I am not saying this because I think VR is dumb (I think VR is pretty cool), it's just still too early to see how it will go for the tech and it's success. There are just way too many question marks right now and I would not recommend anyone jumping in, especially not at these asking prices.

Indeed and I am having a blast with some of the games, which honestly are all mostly of the same type. It's just that the tech is is not there yet and sometimes frustarting, software exclusivity is a huge bummer, the price is far too high and roomscale is not always unproblematic.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Obduction seems like a game I would want so see somebody play through in a heavily edited video. It's just interesting enough that I want to see it, but I know that I'll get frustrated after like 15 minutes and just look everything up or stop playing.

BearPawB

Banned
It's really amazing that after 700 years and 900 trillion dollars, Madden is still a glitchy and jittery mess.

EA deserves some kind of award.

It's really not though?
It is the most polished game they have ever done.
And what the animation and collision of football games requires is SO complex.
Making tackling look even passable is such a colossal achievement.

like these tackle break animations are glorious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrl5tJeQGz4

I think people really underestimate what a challenging task it is to build a simulation football game.

Let me help you out. Don't buy a VR headset. Wait a year or two.

More VRodeo is still welcome though.

I have the PSVR preordered...but man...I am not convinced at alll.

But it is so hard to get away from the tech lust

Idk, to me he seems to be a better fit on the West. There's Jason who he has funny dynamic with. There's the cool Drew/Dan interactions. Jeff can at least relate somewhat to his interest in junk food and it's fun to see Brad's reactions to Dan's shenanigans.

Vinny, Alex, and Jeff Bakalar seem to have their own vibe going on over on the East. They are more laid back and Dan feels out of place to me there.
Nah
Dan and Vinny driving Alex crazy is A+ content.

Ashby

I want Dan to stay on the east coast because we just recently experienced watching a new hire gel into the east coast office. I want to see the west coast office get a new hire. I'd love to see them hire a lady and that would be a better fit for the west coast office as well.

BearPawB

Banned
A lot of people said that. Definitely wrong though, Dan is an awesome fit at GBE

Dan just has a magnetic persona

There aren't many people who i think Dan wouldn't fit with.

Even when people dislike him it makes for entertaining videos

Man thinking about how many things I would watch Jeff do is starting to creep me out

I would watch jeff organize his house.
I don't even want to organize my own house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom