• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys.... 10 years ago I had almost 30 000$ in student and personal loans....

I just made the very last payment on that shit...

Also tomorrow is a holiday up here.

I'm feeling A-OK right now

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.... 10 years ago I had almost 30 000$ in student and personal loans....

I just made the very last payment on that shit...

Also tomorrow is a holiday up here.

I'm feeling A-OK right now

Congrats duder! Getting out of debt hell is an amazing accomplishment that you should be proud of. Celebrate a little (there's a Steam sale going on...), and enjoy your holiday.

KingKong

It's kinda "More Trials with less Trials"
I played 1,5 hours and then decided to refund it. Apparently the game is 2-3 hours long so I feel good about that. It's not good. Even the Trials part feels less interesting than before (there are no 3 "goals" in the levels etc). And the on-foot stuff is just terrible. Terrible.

I really wish they'd announced a proper new Trials game. There's really basically nothing else like it on the market

Myggen

https://t.co/0qzUiMYSUw

2864954-persona+bakalar.png

Weird ending to the Mighty No. 9 Quick Look!

It doesn't look terrible, just totally unremarkable. I wonder if it would have gotten better scores without the context of the Kickstarter and the delays and whatnot? In any case, it just makes me want to play one of the MM Zero games I missed. Or maybe one of the Battle Networks, even.

jgminto

The public presence for MN9 has also been a complete disaster, the trailers, the comment from the translator and even Sonic is shitting on the game. I don't think I've seen a pre-release presence that fucked before.

repeater

If Patrick is on the take from Nintendo, he's sure not doing a very good job of it, considering he's been on a one man crusade against their randomly deleting Mario Maker stages for what feels like years now.

Mr. F

Banned
What's the word on Jackbox Party Pack 2? It's discounted on the summer sale and I was curious if it's actually good. I remember some people being disappointed that the crew didn't give Bidiots a fair shake because it's actually fun if you know what you're doing, or something?

If Patrick is on the take from Nintendo, he's sure not doing a very good job of it, considering he's been on a one man crusade against their randomly deleting Mario Maker stages for what feels like years now.

Heh, I noticed this too. I feel like every other article from him is "Nintendo STILL Isn't Explaining Why They Deleted This Five-Year-Old's Level!"

Did the Pokemon TCG 2 game for GBC ever come out in the US in any form, like on the e-shop?

I've been playing the current Online version and really want to get back to those beautiful games. I know TCG is available on the DS e-shop.

I had a real nasty one once, the doctor basically had to go at it with a tiny ice cream scoop. I didn't get nearly that covered but it really sucked.

i once had a real bad one.
It can be super painful

Yikes! I used to get them pretty often as a kid but I haven't had one in quite a while. I was fortunate since mine were never bad enough to be treated with anything more than an ointment and a lengthy application of a warm compress.

Falifax

Jesus, all that from a stye? I've always just treated mine with a cream.

Doctors prescribed me like 3 different creams and none of them worked. So I said fuck it and told them that I would like it removed. It involved my eyelid getting turned inside out and a scalpel removing all of that crap.

The better part of that story is that he had a medical student alongside him and let her take a crack at me first.

I know they need training but I wish it hadn't been on me! Even though she did fine.

Megasoum

Banned
I kinda feel like playing an Assassin's Creed.

I have Syndicate and agree that it's a good game but the setting does nothing for me.

I'm tempted in buying Rogue on the steam sale but Ubisoft pisses me off. Unity (which was the "main" game that year on next gen consoles) is actually cheaper than Rogue...

Granted, Unity is complete shit and Rogue has mostly good reviews even if it's more AC 4.5 than a real sequel.

Really bums me that I missed the Humble Bundle from a couple of weeks ago where the game was cheaper.

I have Syndicate and agree that it's a good game but the setting does nothing for me.

I'm tempted in buying Rogue on the steam sale but Ubisoft pisses me off. Unity (which was the "main" game that year on next gen consoles) is actually cheaper than Rogue...

Granted, Unity is complete shit and Rogue has mostly good reviews even if it's more AC 4.5 than a real sequel.

Really bums me that I missed the Humble Bundle from a couple of weeks ago where the game was cheaper.

Rogue would be fun as a stopgap if you enjoyed Black Flag as it's essentially more of that game with a few minor gameplay tweaks.

Megasoum

Banned
Rogue would be fun as a stopgap if you enjoyed Black Flag as it's essentially more of that game with a few minor gameplay tweaks.

Yeah... Watching a random Let's Play video right now... Fuck it, I want to sail around in a boat.

Also the game is set in my corner of the planet so I'm sure I'll have to deal with many terrible French accents lol.

I enjoyed Black Flag even if I thought it was overrated by many publications. The boat stuff was really fun but the actual missions were really run of the mill AC boring stuff. Way too many tailing missions

Maiorum

I played Rogue a couple of months ago, and I'd characterise it more as Black Flag 4.1. It has more of that ship gameplay that I like a lot, but the story, bar one very cool mission, is mediocre.

Megasoum

Banned
End of the day the AC I enjoyed the most, and by far, is Brotherhood.

I think I almost 100% it back in the days (well the important stuff anyway).

I thought about maybe replaying it at some point but I'm not sure I could go back this far mechanic wise.

Also, even on sale it's still 10$

End of the day the AC I enjoyed the most, and by far, is Brotherhood.

I think I almost 100% it back in the days (well the important stuff anyway).

I thought about maybe replaying it at some point but I'm not sure I could go back this far mechanic wise.

Also, even on sale it's still 10$

I feel like everything that was cool about Brotherhood at the time is precisely the stuff that's been driven into the ground by every open world game since then. I don't think it would hold up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom