• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacagawea

After starting and stopping like a dozen times over the years, I have finally done it. I have finished the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run!!!!!!!!!!! That was a lot of fun, right Zach? It really was a perfect game choice imo. I liked how it and Persona were both new, kind of unknown games and both were about small town murderin'. It was like poetry, it rhymed. Like Persona, it had lots of shit to riff off of and it was very Japanese. It also felt like a different kind of "endurance run." Persona was a challenge due to the sheer time sink. It felt like a marathon. In Deadly Premonition the challenge was about enduring the gameplay and fighting with the controls.

Favorite moments include every time York pointed at himself and Thomas getting...um...hooked.

JonCha

Loved UPF. My favourite moments were when Kessler said "Before we begin ..." when asked about how much money he spent on Dota and Dave remarking on Brad's compulsive nature regarding purchasing things on DOTA.

I usually find UPF to be pretty dull unless they have guest or are doing group games. This was one of the best that I've seen in a long time.

Xiraiya

Listening to Giant Beastcast, I don't understand Why Jeff can't comprehend "Outside Cats" even Dan made a noise that made me think he was internally having that realization of "Oh man, is this what it's like to deal with the stupid things I ask?"
Don't get me wrong I appreciate Dan's curious nature these days, but he asks stupid things regardless.

It's an Outside Cat! It knows where it's home is, it goes out, explores, comes home and sometimes stays home for days before going out again. The concept of Pets living inside and outside is very simple, I actually find the idea of purely indoor Cats a little strange simply because of their nature, but I also do understand that not everyone lives in a place where yards exist and so on so that makes sense.

Maiorum

im jealous of everyones fucking success.

Patrick having a kid
dans getting married

what the fuck have I done with my life

Don't worry about it; marriage and kids are neither necessary nor sufficient to be successful. Everyone has different priorities, and different timetables for achieving them. Jeff married relatively late in life, but you'd hardly call him a failure, would you? At some point, you just try to decide what you want from your life, and not judge yourself by what others have done, or how fast they've done it- and fuck anyone who tries to judge you because you don't conform to some societal idea of success.

bjork

Patrick having a kid
dans getting married

Speedwagon was 89 when he died and he never married, yet his actions made great impact in the world of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Fret not, your greatness will outshine them all, little warrior.

Some craziness going down in the Elite Dangerous universe. Signs point to an alien threat revealed today, possibly just another part of the ongoing puzzle, though.

God I was so happy to see Dave's face again and then I saw Kessler.

Literally bringing back the worst with the best. I'm gonna try and watch it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Urgghhh you tear my heart in two duders.

Edit: Nope can't do it, I want to hit him just two minutes in. Guess I'll re-watch some classic Dave content instead. :(

SomberOwl

Patrick having a kid
dans getting married

I mean... Not everyone considers those things to be a success. Society as a collective maybe? But if thats not what you want then there is no problem.

But if those are goals in your life, getting married / children, then I guess jealousy is fair. But for me personally I want neither of those things.

Turns out elusive targets are pretty easy when you have someone who actually understands the mechanics even if they're the one who hasn't played the game.

Marriage is betting half your shit that you'll love someone for the rest of your life. I don't like those odds, I couldn't take that bet. Imagine Dan having to split his Amiibo collection, it break the poor man.

seriously though congrats to both Dan and Patrick :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I've finally reached that point in my life where I'm kind of intimidated by the new Deus Ex

ther'e just... so many sewers and boxes

Someone explain to me how Brad still doesn't understand what being compromised means?

In Brad's defense, the "compromised" status doesn't mean quite what you'd expect (which, like Jeff, I initially assumed meant that everyone can now see through your disguise) and he doesn't really play consistently enough to figure it out.

KingKong

I'd be amazed that Jeff understands the game more after watching a few videos of it but it's pretty clear about its rules so the fault lies with Brad and Dan

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How fucked up is the economy of DOTA that $30 for a cosmetic is considered a nice low, reasonable price?

Unless you meant 30 cents...

I haven't bought any, but if you, for example, super love the Lina character and you've also put literally 2000 hours into Dota, $30 for what is really a sweet-ass skin, which came complete with some custom spell animations, I won't judge you for buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom