• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rorie doing a Legion launch stream? It all kicks off at midnight tonight. (11pm in UK, then midnight Pacific later)

The pre-quests have been pretty sweet, I have high hopes for the expansion even if the changes to Hunter don't make sense right now.

I had to start levelling up other chars because Hunter gameplay is basically 3 to 4 buttons now.

Thank you. I need to finally switch to premium, ive been sponging free content off these guys for way too many years.

Just in case you missed Beastcast, don't upgrade yet. There will be a sale on the 1-year Premium in a week. I'm waiting for that - I've only done the monthly one to watch Mario Party Party.

Dont get why Jeff is so weirded out by absolute drift telling him to try out manual for more control. As much as he loves Tokyo Drift you would think he would notice aint nobody using automatics.

He should really give it a shot when he plays driving games. It opens up a whole new level to driving games. Just driving automatics would get dull.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Absolute Drift looks really cool, going to add that to my wishl...

IN LIBRARY
Absolute Drift is already in your Steam library

...okay then.

Thanks, what I thought was a throwaway game in a Humble Bundle?

Teddified

Welp I missed a side-mission in Deus Ex cause I didn't know you could talk to
Otar and took him out non-lethally

This really hurts the Completionist in me but I'm not restarting for one side quest....maybe

Welp I missed a side-mission in Deus Ex cause I didn't know you could talk to
Otar and took him out non-lethally

This really hurts the Completionist in me but I'm not restarting for one side quest....maybe

You don't keep a save after every decision? That was a terrible habit of mine in HR.

I played Secret Hitler once in Tabletop Simulator and it was alright. Little biased because I won the game for our team by using the execution rule thing at the last possible second, but it was alright.

I played Secret Hitler once in Tabletop Simulator and it was alright. Little biased because I won the game for our team by using the execution rule thing at the last possible second, but it was alright.

Is Tabletop Simulator a good way to try and get into stuff like this if you dont have a lot of friends near you who play board games?

Is Tabletop Simulator a good way to try and get into stuff like this if you dont have a lot of friends near you who play board games?

If you have online friends that have it and are willing to play with you, yeah. I don't play with randos. Controls can be a bit finicky, but there are a ton of games in there you can get, and I was constantly impressed by the flexibility of it.

S4yxqbc.gif

UL3qk3r.gif

The kicking team are the Titans and this was counted as a touchdown for the Vikings, which makes this even better.

Exactly. And as another video showed, on kick-off, all the returner had to do was step out of and then back into the endzone for a touchdown.

Lol. Did that count as a TD for the kicking team?

As, Xater said, the Vikings earned the touchdown (which makes no sense, even if it was given to the Titans). There are times, though, when a field goal that is short can be caught by a defender and returned the other direction for a potential touchdown.

Fjolle

Just in case you missed Beastcast, don't upgrade yet. There will be a sale on the 1-year Premium in a week. I'm waiting for that - I've only done the monthly one to watch Mario Party Party.

Hey. Thanks for that. I'm about 2 weeks behind in podcasts, and my premium just lapsed.

Exactly. And as another video showed, on kick-off, all the returner had to do was step out of and then back into the endzone for a touchdown.

As, Xater said, the Vikings earned the touchdown (which makes no sense, even if it was given to the Titans). There are times, though, when a field goal that is short can be caught by a defender and returned the other direction for a potential touchdown.

In this case, even if they'd run it all the way back to the other end zone, it would still only be 2 points for the team opposing the extra point. It only counts as a touchdown for a 3 point attempt.

Patryn

In this case, even if they'd run it all the way back to the other end zone, it would still only be 2 points for the team opposing the extra point. It only counts as a touchdown for a 3 point attempt.

They are going for a Field Goal in the glitch video. It's 4th and 21, the indicator for setting strength even says FIELD GOAL, and the Titans (the kicking team) only have 3 points.

They are going for a Field Goal in the glitch video. It's 4th and 21, the indicator for setting strength even says FIELD GOAL, and the Titans (the kicking team) only have 3 points.

I must have watched the wrong video then. I guess the issue was that it lost track of who the catching player played for... but only for certain conditions. It recognized him as a Viking for the fact that a touchdown could be scored by the opposing team and for the announcers, but not for which end zone to score or which team should get the points. It's odd that he seemingly belongs to both teams at once.

Patryn

Austin has posted a guest article praising The Witcher 2 on Vice, which offers me an opportunity to check in on my current playthrough of that game.

I think I'm finishing up Chapter 2. I'm more engaged with the game than I was earlier, and the combat has certainly forced me to explore more depth than just Quen and Roll, but...

I still don't quite get it. I've seen far too many people hold this series up as leaving Bioware in the dust, unfit to even lick CDPR's boots and I just don't see it. It's entertaining, but honestly I still prefer Dragon Age Origins and even Inquisition to it. I still just see a story that mostly relies on the fact that the people swear and have sex to add some depth. There were a few quests where there wasn't necessarily a clear good or evil choice, but I've seen other games do that.

I will give it credit for having such a radical choice and different Chapter 2s (and maybe 3s?). That's definitely something that Bioware didn't really do (although they did a bit with the whole Champions of the Just or In Hushed Whispers, but on a smaller scale).

It's a 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. I'm really curious to see how I react to the Witcher 3 when I get to it.

kiguel182

Daily Dota is fun. I wish Brad went back and doing some Dota stuff. Especially since he is a better player now.

Some friendly Dota content would be nice.

Patryn

Daily Dota is fun. I wish Brad went back and doing some Dota stuff. Especially since he is a better player now.

Some friendly Dota content would be nice.

I'd also love to see the return of Daily Dota. Hell, even Irregular Dota would be fun.

I'm one of the crazy people who enjoys Dota as a spectator sport, but avoids most Twitch streams because I find the streamers insufferable.

kiguel182

Daily Dota Purchases would be better. I just wanna watch what he buys.

I would be up for that. Lots of potential for Dota content.

Brad teaching someone to play would be fun but also probably not work since Dota is maybe too complicated for that. But I want them to see react to an actual game too.

Meneses

Man, i'm so conflicted with that new Resident Evil 4 port.

I really want to get it but by all accounts it seems to be a lazy port with the minimum possible effort put into it, and I don't want to reward that.

kiguel182

I'd also love to see the return of Daily Dota. Hell, even Irregular Dota would be fun.

I'm one of the crazy people who enjoys Dota as a spectator sport, but avoids most Twitch streams because I find the streamers insufferable.

I want to get into watching it so I can learn more about the game but yeah, most of Twitch is impossible for me to watch.

Kessler, Pascual and Brad just shooting the shit and playing Dota is fun.

Chuck

Still without luck
Man, i'm so conflicted with that new Resident Evil 4 port.

I really want to get it but by all accounts it seems to be a lazy port with the minimum possible effort put into it, and I don't want to reward that.

So...it's a Resident Evil 4 port.

FStop7

Banned
Congrats to Dan on his engagement. I hope she doesn't hit him with a folding chair and reveal she's wearing a Greg Miller t-shirt under her dress during the wedding ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom