• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was beautiful.

11311269_1009742865732964_888644077_n.jpg

CatGerstmann.

yami4ct

Holy shit. I just replied to Dan's tweet about it not being a joke with. '@danryckert You could have just asked what it meant without resorting to some analogy that made it seem like you were minimizing the issues.' and he blocked me? That wasn't meant to be hostile at all.

Lunar FC

Holy shit. I just replied to Dan's tweet about it not being a joke with. '@danryckert You could have just asked what it meant without resorting to some analogy that made it seem like you were minimizing the issues.' and he blocked me? That wasn't meant to be hostile at all.

A villan is born.

Never heard the term before today either. But I understand your distaste of people acting dumb for the fun of it.

yami4ct

A villan is born.

Never heard the term before today either.

If he took offense to any of my tone, that was my fault. The internet is bad at conveying tone and obviously I need to think better of that. I sent him a quick apology here anyway.

I assume he's getting a lot of shit for it, so I don't blame him for being quick on the trigger.

Houndi101

I'm gonna be so pissed if this actually messes up the time of peace in Europe.

Anyway you guys got your tissues ready for that final Austin Walker day? :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean he kinda deserves it.

He's been talking about avoiding twitter to avoid the noise but I found that funny because he likes to provide it himself.

Though I can't say I'm personally better myself with the whole brexit thing seeing that my current concern with it is if it will fall any lower so I can get some deals on things I've been eyeing. >_> <_<

yami4ct

A villan is born.

Never heard the term before today either. But I understand your distaste of people acting dumb for the fun of it.

I honestly meant that as a 'hey, here's a way you can ask questions on these issues in a way that won't get you a bunch of shit'. I didn't mean that in any sort of sarcastic, hostile or even annoyed way. It's why I was so shocked that he blocked me.

I honestly do feel bad if he took any offense at all as I didn't intend it as such. It's why I was so quick to apologize.

Jintor

EU/UK/Soon-to-be-former-UK peeps pretty sensitive about this utter destruction of the economy/jobs/everything/rise of the right. I said something pretty basic and ended with "Interesting times for Europe" and some UK girl i know told me to take it seriously and not to treat it like a game of soccer.

I'm glad she can't see the rest of my feed which has a bunch of aussies darkly joking about taking british vacations, the EU invading the UK, declaring their own republican movements and the like...

derFeef

I honestly meant that as a 'hey, here's a way you can ask questions on these issues in a way that won't get you a bunch of shit'. I didn't mean that in any sort of sarcastic, hostile or even annoyed way. It's why I was so shocked that he blocked me.

I honestly do feel bad if he took any offense at all as I didn't intend it as such. It's why I was so quick to apologize.

Seems more like a self protection reaction because he feels clueless.

Antiwhippy

More a joke on the lines of "England wants to be independent, we should be too!"

Yeah it'd be silly to make comparisons really, though I'm kinda for one and still unsure about the other.

This year has been interesting geopolitically to say the least.

EU/UK/Soon-to-be-former-UK peeps pretty sensitive about this utter destruction of the economy/jobs/everything/rise of the right. I said something pretty basic and ended with "Interesting times for Europe" and some UK girl i know told me to take it seriously and not to treat it like a game of soccer.

I'm glad she can't see the rest of my feed which has a bunch of aussies darkly joking about taking british vacations, the EU invading the UK, declaring their own republican movements and the like...

Tensions are high man. This is a disaster for a lot of people.

Turnout was over 70%, people were engaged and invested in this on many levels.

The news isnt even 3 hours old and our prime minister is about to resign and our economy has just dropped like a stone overnight.

Obviously most people are well meaning but this one is tough to have a clear head on.

Jintor

Yeah I get it, I had a knee-jerk reaction to post some dumbshit response like 'right i better never see you talk shit about foreign politics again' but smothered the instinct and just said something like 'right, nevermind me then...'

really glad i usually take the time to reread my posts at least once before I post them...

should I try sending this to Dan or GB again or just give up?

ClWXtqJUoAAEo98.jpg

You do know that Dan probably saw it but it's hard to respond when tons of other people contact him as well and it's also possible that he has nothing to add to the matter. At the same time, it doesn't mean he didn't appreciate you reaching out to him. Same goes for the others as well.

I mean if you put yourself in any of the duders place, you can't respond to everyone reaching out, it ain't possible.

Antiwhippy

For people more in the know though. Is he the best or worst alternative right now? Because as an outsider he seems like a buffoon, but a well constructed one. Which is even more sinister.

FStop7

Banned
For people more in the know though. Is he the best or worst alternative right now? Because as an outsider he seems like a buffoon, but a well constructed one. Which is even more sinister.

Who, Boris? He is extremely bad news. He appears to be a buffoon but he is a shark.

yami4ct

Man, poor danny.

Hang in there Irish-gaf.

The only thing you might even cling to at this point is the hope this may lead to a closer NI/Republic relationship in the future, but it's incredibly sad to see. I feel horribly for everyone involved. To see your nation tore even further apart by dumbasses.

You do know that Dan probably saw it but it's hard to respond when tons of other people contact him as well and it's also possible that he has nothing to add to the matter. At the same time, it doesn't mean he didn't appreciate you reaching out to him. Same goes for the others as well.

I mean if you put yourself in any of the duders place, you can't respond to everyone reaching out, it ain't possible.
I'll take it as that. Thanks.

Zaph

Feeling physically sick. And it doesn't help that I'm stuck on the Eurostar surrounded by people who know their shit and look worse than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom