• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

When the defence for Dan is

"I am just as dumb and ignorant as him and the average American is too!"

All I can say is..... I guess I believe you?

Though we all know Dan plays up this "not knowing stuff" character on purpose and we all know Dan has the ability to google anything he wants to know.

I like the Homer Simpson Dan character but it has a time and a place, and this wasn't it when people are legitimately worried about the future of their country.

TraBuch

Banned
Dan is fine in small doses but I think too much of him would make me dislike him. That's why I avoid his Twitter, Danswers, and his periscope adventures.

Teddified

Over Dan blocking me? Given that happened late last night and they usually record earlier in the week, I don't see how that's possible. Did they record this morning instead?

Na Austin talked about how there are tons of people on Gaf who love The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and how it's the best JRPG in years.

At least that's what I assume Anti was mentioning.

LiK

Bakalar doesn't know how to play chess? :/

Over Dan blocking me? Given that happened late last night and they usually record earlier in the week, I don't see how that's possible. Did they record this morning instead?

Dan blocked you? What caused this?

yami4ct

Bakalar doesn't know how to play chess? :/

Dan blocked you? What caused this?

Over the Brexit junk last night. He tweeted about his not understanding not being a joke and I replied '@danryckert You could have just asked what it meant without resorting to some analogy that made it seem like you were minimizing the issues.'

I got blocked after that. I ended up apologizing to him over here and on GB PMs if I offended him, but I assume he hasn't even seen that yet. Now every time I see my name/stuff mentioned by GB, I'm going to be afraid I pissed someone else off.

LiK

Over the Brexit junk last night. He tweeted about his not understanding not being a joke and I replied '@danryckert You could have just asked what it meant without resorting to some analogy that made it seem like you were minimizing the issues.'

I got blocked after that. I ended up apologizing to him over here and on GB PMs if I offended him, but I assume he has even't seen that yet. Now every time I see my name/stuff mentioned by GB, I'm going to be afraid I pissed someone else off.

Huh, doesn't seem like such a bad reply. Thought he didn't block anyone. Dan has changed.

Very odd that Dan blocked you over that considering he's said at length how he never lets anything bother him on twitter or wherever, and that was mild to boot. Maybe he's changing his stance, but not really for the better?

Beastcast was bittersweet but a great sendoff. Austin sounds genuinely committed to making occasional guest appearances, though I imagine building a site and a staff from the ground up is more than a little time-consuming.

I didn't think what you said was inappropriate at all and, looking through some of the other replies, it was more polite than a great deal of the rest of them. He absolutely deserved a response like that and you shouldn't feel like you have to apologize for being stern but fair.

hamchan

I got blocked after that. I ended up apologizing to him over here and on GB PMs if I offended him, but I assume he has even't seen that yet. Now every time I see my name/stuff mentioned by GB, I'm going to be afraid I pissed someone else off.

Eh, this thread probably pisses them off on the regular with how harsh we can be. I think they're used to it.

Also your reply was the right one to Dan too.

Better watch your back, breh

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I really can't see anything bad about that answer...

Reminds me of the day when Ryan Davis blocked me on twitter (I honestly can't remember why? A dumb thing I'm sure). I ended up sending him a PM on the site apologizing. He never replied to the PM but a couple of days later I checked twitter and I was unblocked.

yami4ct

I made an actually sarcastic tweet about him kicking the hornets nest twice earlier when he made a second Brexit tweet, but I didn't get blocked until the second tweet so I have to assume it was that that did it.

Scizzy

Very odd that Dan blocked you over that considering he's said at length how he never lets anything bother him on twitter or wherever, and that was mild to boot. Maybe he's changing his stance, but not really for the better?

NewDan can't even look at the screen when he's about to lose in Clash Royale. Throw our everything you thought you knew.

Yeah I really can't see anything bad about that answer...

Reminds me of the day when Ryan Davis blocked me on twitter (I honestly can't remember why? A dumb thing I'm sure). I ended up sending him a PM on the site apologizing. He never replied to the PM but a couple of days later I checked twitter and I was unblocked.

Blocking people on Twitter was like sport for Ryan though so it wouldnt surprise me if he blocked and then unblocked people all the time lol

Megasoum

Banned
WHOA

https://twitter.com/machinegames/status/746363189768650752/photo/1

5AX0LJ6.png

TraBuch

Banned
Oh shit, Cold Steel 2 comes out September 6? I had no idea a release date was announced. Can't fucking wait. Second straight true GOTY incoming.

yami4ct

Oh shit, Cold Steel 2 comes out September 6? I had no idea a release date was announced. Can't fucking wait. Second straight true GOTY incoming.

It doesn't have an official date, but that's the one amazon, etc. have listed. It is this year for sure.

I just think Dan could have asked about it in a nicer way?
It came across as a bit crudely cavalier.

Anyway, we're a bit frazzled because it's a scary change. At least I am.

I just think Dan could have asked about it in a nicer way?
It came across as a bit crudely cavalier.

Anyway, we're a bit frazzled because it's a scary change. At least I am.

Dan came across like "I need to inject my personality into this conversation" which, sure, whatever

I had more pressing things to be mad about

Nerokis

I made an actually sarcastic tweet about him kicking the hornets nest twice earlier when he made a second Brexit tweet, but I didn't get blocked until the second tweet so I have to assume it was that that did it.

I'm assuming it was less a particular tweet, and more the volume of tweets he was getting. It's his own fault for vaunting his ignorance, but I can imagine he got tired of Twitter's attempt to educate him pretty quickly.

KingKong

Anyone posting about things that are easily googleable, whether on twitter or on this forum, are obviously just seeking attention

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone posting about things that are easily googleable, whether on twitter or on this forum, are obviously just seeking attention

Dan seek attention? He would never do such a thing.

Yeah Dan's "ignorant bumpkin" schtick gets VERY old, very quick especially as it relates to serious events. Its the part of him that I like they least. Generally, he seems funny and nice, but I'll take someone how doesn't "pretend" to be an idiot about everything all time please.

TraBuch

Banned
Speaking of Ubisoft and being able to do a no-kill run, Splinter Cell: Blacklist is fantastic and the best Splinter Cell and it needs a sequel.

I got blocked after that. I ended up apologizing to him over here and on GB PMs if I offended him, but I assume he hasn't even seen that yet. Now every time I see my name/stuff mentioned by GB, I'm going to be afraid I pissed someone else off.

Wow that's a really shitty way of responding to legitimate criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom