• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Patrick get a livestream when he parted ways with GB? I can't remember...or at the very least a live going away thing.

The announcement for Patrick was a little different. For Austin, it was "I'm leaving in one week." For Patrick it was "My last day was a week ago."

At least I THINK that's how it went down?

Megasoum

Banned
The announcement for Patrick was a little different. For Austin, it was "I'm leaving in one week." For Patrick it was "My last day was a week ago."

At least I THINK that's how it went down?

Yeah his actual last day was in the middle of the GOTY podcast recording in december but we only learned about it at the end of the actual GOTY podcasts.

justjim89

I'm really gonna miss Austin, you guys. I know he'll still be doing things, maybe bigger things, but I'm gonna miss him as part of GB. He really helped define GBEast's tone in their content.

Also, just ordered my PC, 1070 and all! Now just the ever-present fear of something going wrong when I build it!

Eh, Im kinda on Dans side in this whole "whats the correct way to approach a subject."

Like first, its twitter. Second, Dan isnt a dead serious guy. Him adding a joke to a question is just how he communicates. It doesnt mean he is belittling the subject or that he doesnt care to learn about it. And third, as an American you have to go out of your way to know about something outside of your country. If I didnt go to GAF, Id probably have no idea what Brexit meant unless I did a deep dive into it.

Looks like Dan's deleted his Brexit tweets. Right move, even though I think he was being sincere and didn't intend to make light of it. He said he'd watch a video Fobwashed sent him and told Danny he wanted to talk to him about it in person.

Sometimes people put their foot in their mouths. That he blocked someone is a bummer, but it might have been a kneejerk reaction to the reaction tidal wave that hit him when he posted that stuff.

yami4ct

Looks like Dan's deleted his Brexit tweets. Right move, even though I think he was being sincere and didn't intend to make light of it. He said he'd watch a video Fobwashed sent him and told Danny he wanted to talk to him about it in person.

Sometimes people put their foot in their mouths. That he blocked someone is a bummer, but it might have been a kneejerk reaction to the reaction tidal wave that hit him when he posted that stuff.

Like I said earlier, I have no hard feelings over him blocking me. If he took offense even as a knee jerk reaction, that's my fault as well. I didn't intend it to come off as such. I was just really surprised when it happened.

LiK

Oh ok, this seems like a good discussion for Danswers! I'll gladly send them an email about world politics.

Megasoum

Banned
PIrI2NM.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think he's talking about his stocks? He talked about investing before, and the brexit would certainly be costing people a lot from all over the world.

Thanks leavers!

Glad I haven't gotten into the investment game yet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though really, it's only bad if he panicks and sells now. Might as well wait for the market to stabilise first.

edit: don't sell it yet!

Gjerven

He isn't really wrong though!? If you don't know anything about stocks, there's a chance that the person will panic when the stocks continue to fall and then sell them off.

Brashnir

I really have zero idea how the stock market works, but it's where about 70% of my money is.

Don't panic. Leave it alone. Stock Market scares like this usually pass and shit recovers in a couple months.*

*Except when they don't and you get the Great Depression.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I might as well reiterate in the thread, sorry dude about last night if I bugged you. I didn't mean it that way.

I don't remember what your tweet was. As of late, I've been changing the way I do Twitter a lot. I want it to be something I check occasionally to see what my friends are up to or keep up to date on gaming industry stuff. To lower the amount of serious stuff I see on there, I unfollowed several hundred people and have started instantly blocking people that seem to take things too seriously. It's made Twitter far more enjoyable to me, as I can check my feed and mentions without seeing political stuff or serious arguments that people attempt to shove into 140 characters.

Sorry if the block upset you. I don't know what it was in response to, but I'm just being very, very liberal with that lately.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
God, is there a photo of nigel farage where he doesn't look like the incarnation of evil?

No. The dude is the most d-bag looking person that has ever been in politics. I think he might be rivaled by Trump in how dumb he looks, but it is a close race and that is saying something.

yami4ct

I don't remember what your tweet was. As of late, I've been changing the way I do Twitter a lot. I want it to be something I check occasionally to see what my friends are up to or keep up to date on gaming industry stuff. To lower the amount of serious stuff I see on there, I unfollowed several hundred people and have started instantly blocking people that seem to take things too seriously. It's made Twitter far more enjoyable to me, as I can check my feed and mentions without seeing political stuff or serious arguments that people attempt to shove into 140 characters.

Sorry if the block upset you. I don't know what it was in response to, but I'm just being very, very liberal with that lately.

Not upset at all dude. I just wanted to make sure I didn't upset you as I'm aware I can come off like a sarcastic ass even if I don't intend it.

I don't suppose I can ask to get unblocked, right? I promise to not even attempt to tweet politics at you any more.

You can't wade into a serious issue with an "I don't really give a shit" attitude and not expect people to respond seriously in return. If you don't want to engage, don't engage. Simple. If you actually wanted to know something, you could use google.

edit: post below mine says it more succinctly, haha.

BearPawB

Banned

I'm not sure if talking about politics is a great way to get people to not talk about politics to you

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Not upset at all dude. I just wanted to make sure I didn't upset you as I'm aware I can come off like a sarcastic ass even if I don't intend it.

I don't suppose I can ask to get unblocked, right? I promise to not even attempt to tweet politics at you any more.

Unblocked!

FStop7

Banned
I don't understand why y'all are getting salty at Dan. He's not making fun of it, he's not saying it doesn't matter, he's saying he doesn't understand what it is. He posts as much to Twitter, which is a platform you choose to follow him on, and he catches shit for it. Hell, I didn't know anything about it until I watched the John Oliver segment on it last night, and I still don't entirely understand why specifically it's such a significant thing. The conservative party in England wants to make harsher immigration restrictions so they're leaving the EU? And this consequently is making the pound plummet in value, which fucks up the global economy? The only reason I even know the EU is a thing is from French class in high school and, like Dan, the extent of my knowledge of what they did is introduce the Euro and make travelling and trading between countries easier. The average American probably doesn't even know that much, because we don't really have a lot of reasons to.

I don't wanna listen to Austin's last Beastcast. I feel like if I ignore it, he'll stay at GB.

This is a guy who gets off on trolling people and didn't even know what a mortgage is or that World War 2 was fought in Africa. He needs to stay in his lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom