• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it when they are in the trial? I screwed up there too, apparently. Bad things happened.
I didn't ask Syanna if she thought about forgiveness.

I'll say that the "bad ending" is still totally satisfying and feels appropriate. It just broke my heart a little to know I was so close to threading the needle on that whole situation. Maybe that's the point. Kinda feels like the Witcher books, actually.

Now Persona 4, there's a game with a bad ending that really kicks you in the dick. To be fair you have to fuck up pretty hard to get it though.

And Axiom Verge beat. I might go back and try to collect the items 100% but eh.

Impressive for a one man game, but it shows that only one person worked on it.

- J - D -

It's taken me years of suffering Giant Bomb's terrible video player (all of them), but I've realized today that opening their videos/streams in VLC player via network stream is the way to go from this point onward. It's much less resource-intensive than GB's flash-based player and is less prone to issues compared to their HTML5 player.

I'm a whole new man. Like Dan.

fleck0

Taking Dan's advice watching Last Action Hero again, I think he was right about it aging well. Lots of funny action movie satire / parody that was lost on me as a 10 year old. I miss action comedies like Hot Shots and Top Secret.

Megasoum

Banned
I was looking for something to watch while eating so, since I'm playing AC: Rogue right now (and enjoying it), I decided to re-watch the AC3 quicklook with Ryan and Patrick....

I remember disliking this game like most people back when it came out but man I forgot how complete shit it is.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A thousand apologies if I'm late to the party on this but I assume Jason's Monster Hunter comments at the end of UPF was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge at some kind of extended Monster Hunter coverage on the site? Or perhaps I misinterpreted haha. Would love some kind of long-running feature again to replace the likes of Metal Gear Scanlon. That or Tokyo Mirage Sessions which seems kinda crazy and interesting.

Brad is going to learn monster hunter with him and it's going to be this whole, long, multi video series.

Draxyle

Neo Member
I vaguely recall the BR one starting off horribly but being way better than the VJ one by the end. But that was years ago, so I should probably rewatch them both.

Yea they're both great in their both ways, but BR ends real strong. Ryan ends up being the one most invested in the nonsense by far.

I was looking for something to watch while eating so, since I'm playing AC: Rogue right now (and enjoying it), I decided to re-watch the AC3 quicklook with Ryan and Patrick....

I remember disliking this game like most people back when it came out but man I forgot how complete shit it is.

The setting had some much potiental, it's a shame that game was so bad.

Megasoum

Banned
The setting had some much potiental, it's a shame that game was so bad.

25min into the quicklook and we saw exactly 2min of Connor. Since then it's been Desmond running around a MMA fight in Brazil.`

Now Ryan is lost in the big rocky Animus room with Desmond running in circle.

25min into the quicklook and we saw exactly 2min of Connor. Since then it's been Desmond running around a MMA fight in Brazil.

yep. first assassin's creed i never finished and it's held for all of them excluding 4.

also i'm watching this now and it's really weird watching this for a variety of reasons. i totally forgot they had a sticky-note nyan cat as the set background for like a year.

Megasoum

Banned
yep. first assassin's creed i never finished and it's held for all of them excluding 4.

also i'm watching this now and it's really weird watching this for a variety of reasons. i totally forgot they had a sticky-note nyan cat as the set background for like a year.

Yeah I've been watching random old videos (QLCrew is just THE BEST) all week-end and the set was soooo bare for the first 1-2 years after the CBS purchase.

Now that I think about it...AC3 might be one of the only AC I actually finished? Haha... Along with Brotherhood.

AC3 is the one that had a super bullshit foot chase mission near the end that they had to nerf in a patch cause it was complete bullshit?

I somehow got the good endings for the main game, Hearts of Stone, and Blood and Wine. It's almost... too positive that way though. The Witcher world is such a downer most of the time, all these happy endings were too happy!

Knowing now how to get all the good endings it is kind of silly how particular you have to be with your words and how much can change from one different dialogue branch.

Yeah, I also lucked into good endings in all three and when I read later about the correct "decisions" I made I was kinda dumbfounded at how particular they were. Especially with how fucked up (but fitting) some of the bad endings are.

Houndi101

Removing wrestling antics from the ring and from the howling crowd really makes it the funniest thing ever.

Edit: these guys are the best

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just rewatched the conference streams AGAIN, and never noticed Alex' tattoo on his right arm before. What is it?

jaina

I just rewatched the conference streams AGAIN, and never noticed Alex' tattoo on his right arm before. What is it?

Fyvt2nG.png

Jintor

Removing wrestling antics from the ring and from the howling crowd really makes it the funniest thing ever.

Edit: these guys are the best

I just like it because it's a bit like VGCW where the fights aren't actually fixed but it's also irl and they have to pop off off the top of their heads

also dat charisma

Jothel

It's taken me years of suffering Giant Bomb's terrible video player (all of them), but I've realized today that opening their videos/streams in VLC player via network stream is the way to go from this point onward. It's much less resource-intensive than GB's flash-based player and is less prone to issues compared to their HTML5 player.

I'm a whole new man. Like Dan.

Wait how do you do this for their videos? My laptop can't take too much more constant 100% CPU

- J - D -

Wait how do you do this for their videos? My laptop can't take too much more constant 100% CPU

These instructions are for WIndows, but I'm sure it's pretty similar for mac. On the page of whichever GB video you want to watch, click on "Download", which will give you a drop-down list of resolution/quality options. Hover over and then Right-click on the quality you want and choose "Copy Link Location". (you're not actually downloading or eating up hard drive space, it's just streaming).

Once you have that link copied, open VLC player (I'm assuming you're already have this, but if not, you should. It's popular, free, and pretty great). When it's open, press "CTRL+N" or choose "Open Network Stream" under "Media" in the top left VLC toolbar.

In the Network Stream tab that you just opened, paste the GB link you copied earlier into the prompt and then press "Play".

Boom you're in business. It's not perfect but it runs smoother than their HTML5 player and is at least half as resource heavy as all of GB's options.

Xater

Finally listened to the Beastcast and Austin leaving still makes me sad. I'm gonna miss him so much on GB stuff. Hopefully the Vice thing will be cool...

jgminto

Finally listened to the Beastcast and Austin leaving still makes me sad. I'm gonna miss him so much on GB stuff. Hopefully the Vice thing will be cool...
The moment when Alex got real was the most heartbreaking moment of all this. You can tell he considers Austin a true friend.

Harpuia

I need to see the true last piece of Austin content and that's Tokyo Mirage Sessions QL. I thought it'd be up by the weekend but it's looking like it'll be up on monday or so.

Curufinwe

I didn't ask Syanna if she thought about forgiveness.

I'll say that the "bad ending" is still totally satisfying and feels appropriate. It just broke my heart a little to know I was so close to threading the needle on that whole situation. Maybe that's the point. Kinda feels like the Witcher books, actually.

Now Persona 4, there's a game with a bad ending that really kicks you in the dick. To be fair you have to fuck up pretty hard to get it though.

I got the bad, but not terrible ending on my first playthru. The really bad ending I had to find on youtube and man is it rough.

hqdefault.jpg

Phatcorns

Sorry for the dumb question, but did they ever start doing video versions of the podcast? And if so, where can I find them. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

The moment when Alex got real was the most heartbreaking moment of all this. You can tell he considers Austin a true friend.

Alex sounded heartbroken, and I'm legit shook at the idea that he would start looking elsewhere because CBSi doesn't sound like it's supporting them sufficiently.

I can't lose this:

navarro.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom