• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
Talking about computer stuff

Should I get a new CPU without getting a new motherboard? My CPU and Motherboard are each 6 years old...

figure out what cpu you want
is your mobo compatible with this cpu

if y: just get the cpu
if n: upgrade the mobo too

don't let an old motherboard hold you back from getting the cpu you want though. they're not all that expensive in the grand scheme of PC parts

Lunar FC

I didn't think that Spraygun War song was the worst thing ever. What is wrong with me? I'm disgusted with myself. >.<

Edit: Holy shite Flywrench's music is incredible.

If your motherboard is that old I'd replace it if you're getting a new CPU.

figure out what cpu you want
is your mobo compatible with this cpu

if y: just get the cpu
if n: upgrade the mobo too

don't let an old motherboard hold you back from getting the cpu you want though. they're not all that expensive in the grand scheme of PC parts

I wouldn't need that big of an upgrade for CPU(Mostly play HotS/League on it~ And smaller games).

Jintor

also was there a ql for flywrench i missed or something? i'd literally never heard of it before austin played it on stream

I've got cumslut in my autocorrect.

RdrY7fPl.png

Jothel

3 more hours until i can go home and play zero time dilemma and probably fail my japanese exam on sunday

You'll be fine! Which one are you going for again? I'm shitting myself over N2 on Sunday... I'm confident until I do a practice test

BTA

I realized today I don't expect Austin on anything except an E3 segment next year and maybe a GOTY column. Bonus points for an Extra Life stream like Alexis does now. If he's on anything GBeast now until the end of the year I'd be shocked. He's starting a new site in a new place, he'll have no time for anything.

They should just bring back the bit they did in the first couple Beastcasts when they called Jeff to briefly talk about Skylanders. And I was going somewhere else with this idea originally, but after typing it now I just want Austin to talk about Skylanders.

Regardless, I'd think he'd be on the Beastcast again before the end of the year, but maybe not often?

Jintor

You'll be fine! Which one are you going for again? I'm shitting myself over N2 on Sunday... I'm confident until I do a practice test

n3. i did a practice test for kanji and grammar and did okay but listening is murder. Gonna practice listening for like 3 days straight starting tommorrow.

Seventy70

What are the chances that Jeff B. gets the open position on the east? I feel like they wouldn't have said they would have another hiring process if they already knew they would hire him unless the process is mandatory. They also had him on for the final day of E3, so maybe that was a way for Jeff G. to get an idea of what he's like? When they did the seat switching thing on Austin's last Beastcast it made me think that they were announcing Jeff as their new hire for a second, but they were just talking in the scope of the podcast itself.

I'm not familiar with CNET Gaming, but I have a feeling that if Jeff was offered the job it would be a similar situation to Austin's where it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I could be wrong though.

Also, that could maybe mean that we get monthly DadCasts!

Myggen

What are the chances that Jeff B. gets the open position on the east? I feel like they wouldn't have said they would have another hiring process if they already knew they would hire him unless the process is mandatory. They also had him on for the final day of E3, so maybe that was a way for Jeff G. to get an idea of what he's like? When they did the seat switching thing on Austin's last Beastcast it made me think that they were announcing Jeff as their new hire for a second, but they were just talking in the scope of the podcast itself.

I'm not familiar with CNET Gaming, but I have a feeling that if Jeff was offered the job it would be a similar situation to Austin's where it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I could be wrong though.

CNET is much bigger and more important for CBSi than GB, and Bakalar is basically the "gaming guy" over there. I think the chances are slim to none. He's basically much bigger than GB.

hamchan

Lol it's more likely that Vinny and Alex will be swallowed up by Jeff B and become his underlings.

Jeff B is like Jeff G, except more important.

Patryn

I've been out of things for a bit now (due to real life stuff).

Do we have any indication whether Beast will continue doing a weekly live stream now that Austin's not there?

oti

Banned
Brexit is consuming my life but now is the time TO TAKE BACK CONTROL

Watching Austin stream now.

Oh FFS Gundams?

Yeah they're pretty big. They're in the top 200 biggest websites.

Hey! Giantbomb.com has cracked the top 4,500 globally and the top 1,500 in the US of A!!!

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/giantbomb.com

Much more popular than nuke.com: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nuke.com

And way more popular than videogames.com: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/videogames.com

edit: I wonder if that 20 million drop in videogames.com rank over the past 3 months is actually anywhere near accurate... It's interesting though...

derFeef

Yesterday I tried the GB channel on Plex on my Xbox One. It's not working, I only get the "Jeff Error" video. Works on PC though. Any ideas? API key is set and everything.

Isn't alexa pretty unreliable because it mostly takes info from people who installed their toolbars or something?

Oh yeah, looking around it seems like you're correct... Which would make sense as to why CNET would be pretty high on the list, because I envision that people visiting CNET.com are more likely to install a toolbar on Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom