• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played through almost all of Asemblance yesterday. If anyone starts the QL and finds it interesting, I'd definitely suggest not watching the whole video. The thing that makes the game is the excitement of discovering what you can do to affect the world, and in the grand scheme of things, there isn't a whole lot of it. Seeing how to make progress ahead of time instead of searching around and discovering it for yourself will probably lessen the game a bit, like having a guide for an adventure game. (I came close to "finishing" it in about four hours, but knowing what to do now, I could restart and get to the same point in probably ten minutes).

Also: Can PT-like creepy adventure games just be a genre now? I want more.

justjim89

What happened to Ryan's twitter? Can't seem to find it anymore, did Twitter take it down? That's a huge bummer, it was nice to go back and look at his tweets occasionally.

They took it down recently as part of a policy that they do to any account that belongs to the deceased after a certain amount of time has passed.

They took it down recently as part of a policy that they do to any account that belongs to the deceased after a certain amount of time has passed.

That's real sucky. Their twitter account is a cool insight into who they were, like a time capsule. At the least they should set up a site where you can view them after they're deleted from main twitter. We're going to lose Leonard Nimoy's twitter and other celebrities who have passed.

Myggen

Played through almost all of Asemblance yesterday. If anyone starts the QL and finds it interesting, I'd definitely suggest not watching the whole video. The thing that makes the game is the excitement of discovering what you can do to affect the world, and in the grand scheme of things, there isn't a whole lot of it. Seeing how to make progress ahead of time instead of searching around and discovering it for yourself will probably lessen the game a bit, like having a guide for an adventure game. (I came close to "finishing" it in about four hours, but knowing what to do now, I could restart and get to the same point in probably ten minutes).

Also: Can PT-like creepy adventure games just be a genre now? I want more.

It`s a really cool game. Like they mentioned on the Bombcast my biggest problem with it is the walk speed. Just allow me to interact with stuff at a normal speed please.

That's real sucky. Their twitter account is a cool insight into who they were, like a time capsule. At the least they should set up a site where you can view them after they're deleted from main twitter. We're going to lose Leonard Nimoy's twitter and other celebrities who have passed.

Wayback Machine though?

Strax

Social media can be tricky when somebody dies.

A friend of mine died in his sleep when he was 22 years old (5 years ago) and his Facebook page is still up and his at the time girlfriend is still listed as his girlfriend. I feel like the 10 people that were in his most inner circle haven't been able to move on with their own life in part of their/my friends Facebook page still being up (life events, birthdays and random people posting that they miss him). But it also feels kind of heartless to remove the page.

Houndi101

Just finished Witcher 2 on Dark (took about a year or two) I don't think I ever changed my gloves I hate dlc items for this reason..

Anyhow I guess this is good timing since the third one is still on sale

Just finished Witcher 2 on Dark (took about a year or two) I don't think I ever changed my gloves I hate dlc items for this reason..

Anyhow I guess this is good timing since the third one is still on sale

You haven't lived until you've worn a full set of Dark Mode equipment.

Man, I really wish TW3 had Dark Mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When do we get some games where the Sci-Fi future ISN'T dystopian?

like god damn, any time i see a control panel it's rust and blood covered. Tacoma, Asemblance, Alien: Isolation, Soma, Bioshock, System Shock, I'm sure I'm missing more. Either everything's already the worst or everything's just turned into the worst.

When do we get some games where the Sci-Fi future ISN'T dystopian?

like god damn, any time i see a control panel it's rust and blood covered.

Mass Effect burned that bridge a while ago.

It's hard to get tired of great cyberpunk stories like the Shadowrun games or Technobabylon, though. They balance the dystopia with a healthy dose of humanity, making it feel very real in spite of how alien everything is.
Welp, missed this stuff completely :(
Ok restarting

The recipes are really difficult to make. Like, IIRC I only managed to craft the easiest of the Dark sets near the end of the game. So watch out for that.

Mark Ruffalo tweet, never forget.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, maybe it's due to overuse but robots/AI? Not scary. At all. In the least bit. 'for the greater good. you are ineffective. you aren't ready' that shit's so overdone

GuyKazama

Twitter has no such policy, at least none that I've heard of -- his wife would need to request that it be removed.

I definitely agree that the creepy AI director thing is massively overdone. It feels like every other game is using it now. If there is even a 10% resemblance to HAL or GladOS, just rework the entire thing. Basically, Cheffie or bust.

Technobabylon's on my mind a lot because I recently beat it. It's pretty much the best.
I was just kidding, gonna head to 3 and the expansions next finally

Had to tell you, even if, deep in my heart, I knew.

Also, maybe it's due to overuse but robots/AI? Not scary. At all. In the least bit. 'for the greater good. you are ineffective. you aren't ready' that shit's so overdone
Agreed, what we really need is a video game that explores the question of whether AI should have the same rights as humans

Mark Ruffalo tweet, never forget.

Captured for posterity: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaZ73Yc75YE

r7R7jY7.jpg

Drew needs to do a deep-dive with a flight sim in VR. A glorious revival of Flight Club!

War Thunder (a free-to-play game) is confirmed to be getting PSVR support at (or near) its launch. Currently, if you play it on PS4 and have the PlayStation camera, it actually has pretty neat head tracking support already, but I can't wait for the VR stuff. As a bonus it also has full mouse and keyboard support, as well as flight-stick support (especially, this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PJ68BK/?tag=neogaf0e-20). For a free-to-play game on PS4, they really went all out to give you options.

I'm still "friends" with several dead friends on FB. it's kind of weird to occasionally see them tagged or get birthday notifications.

I should probably unfriend them, but it feels weird.

So I tried an order of those fried mac and cheese things from Burger King. Just... don't.

It's like shitty mac and cheese, with the weakest artificial cheese flavor imaginable, fried quickly and coated in a mix of something that's mostly fake orange color.

War Thunder (a free-to-play game) is confirmed to be getting PSVR support at (or near) its launch. Currently, if you play it on PS4 and have the PlayStation camera, it actually has pretty neat head tracking support already, but I can't wait for the VR stuff. As a bonus it also has full mouse and keyboard support, as well as flight-stick support (especially, this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PJ68BK/?tag=neogaf0e-20). For a free-to-play game on PS4, they really went all out to give you options.

That's all available today in War Thunder on PC! Played it myself, it's great.

That's all available today in War Thunder on PC! Played it myself, it's great.

I figured, but it's nice to see a console game getting that kind of stuff. Keyboard and mouse support is still quite rare on PS4 (and PS3). I remember having fun playing UTIII on PS3 with a keyboard and mouse, while using the community mods (it's a shame that no one did console mods again until Bethesda with Fallout 4).

So I tried an order of those fried mac and cheese things from Burger King. Just... don't.

It's like shitty mac and cheese, with the weakest artificial cheese flavor imaginable, fried quickly and coated in a mix of something that's mostly fake orange color.

They can't all be as bizarrely good as the Dr. Pepper shake.

Zaph

Another product of design student wankery by a vague studio with no history to their name on Kickstarter? I'm *shocked*.

The with that Kickstarter is that those devices already exist, and to think they will immediately be able to do it, better, and cheaper than what's already out there is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom