• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love how the gameplay of Catherine is the thing that manages to persist even now.

Because the characters and stories certainly don't deserve to.

What's the best Total War game to jump into? Seems like a bit of a simpler RTS game, and I'm kind of into that idea. I'm drawn to just the medieval ones, but Shogun seems like it made some improvements. Is there one that's like, regarded as the best?

santeesioux

What's the best Total War game to jump into? Seems like a bit of a simpler RTS game, and I'm kind of into that idea. I'm drawn to just the medieval ones, but Shogun seems like it made some improvements. Is there one that's like, regarded as the best?

Shogun 2 was the first one I played, and I think it's regarded as the best modern one at least. I found Rome 2 to be disappointing, so I definitely recommend Shogun 2, plus the Fall of the Samurai expansion.

Tubobutts

Medieval 2 is my favorite one, but also the last one I played was Napoleon so I'm a bit out of date.

Shogun 2 was the first one I played, and I think it's regarded as the best modern one at least. I found Rome 2 to be disappointing, so I definitely recommend Shogun 2, plus the Fall of the Samurai expansion.

Medieval 2 is my favorite one, but also the last one I played was Napoleon so I'm a bit out of date.

Thanks guys. I'll get Shogun 2 then. It's not much more expensive than Medieval and seems far more modern.

Sakwoff

Really shady ass shit.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242438

Also, only things in Steam sale that interested me. (I already played Ryse a while back on Xbone, a tad more fun than dialing phone numbers.)
http://i.imgur.com/aVaWq1W.png

Man, the whole steam item gambling thing needs some serious regulation. It's basically underage gambling through a legal loophole.

Remember Rami Ismail on one of the post-GDC streams a few years ago? He totally called that shit out in terms of exploitative microtransactions on mobile, but this shit is actually way worse than that.

And Valve's actively enabling that shit because it makes them bank. This is in serious need of a legal crackdown.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I think Shogun 2 + Rise of the Samurai is the best one.
Though I really wouldn't describe it as a "Simpler RTS" game. It's really one of the more complicated mainstream RTS game out there if you don't play on some e-sports level. (Though it's still very managable)

repeater

Looking at the Humble Sonic Bundle (don't kink shame) lead me to check who'd been on GB's QL for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. The comments section for that video revealed that Dan and myself were far from alone in missing the subtle joke in Tails' name for the longest time.

Xater

I think Shogun 2 + Rise of the Samurai is the best one.
Though I really wouldn't describe it as a "Simpler RTS" game. It's really one of the more complicated mainstream RTS game out there if you don't play on some e-sports level. (Though it's still very managable)

I think the battles themselves are a bit simpler. You don#t have to worry about lots variabilities at a break neck speed like in Starcraft.

Scizzy

Dan needs to learn how to google shit.

I kind of like hearing about what Dan knows and doesn't know
as long as it's about stuff that isn't deeply important
. The man spends hours and hours a day on the Internet! Hamilton is the most acclaimed piece of popular culture of the past year in the United States and Dan doesn't know about it! I feel like I've learned something through Dan's lack of knowledge.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think the battles themselves are a bit simpler. You don#t have to worry about lots variabilities at a break neck speed like in Starcraft.

I dunno, you can pause at any point (when you play against AI) but there are still a lot of things to consider. Moral, stamina, wind, if you charge up or down the terrain etc.
It's not that complicated (It's not Hearts of Iron 3) but I wouldn't call it "simple".

convo

Youtubers being dishonest. News at 11.

This shit is about a lot of money and getting kids to gamble, it's a new level of shit that these guys are up to. After millions of subs using all that revenue to create a gambling site is fucking amazing, it's so greedy. Even Pewdiepie is making fun of these guys.

Jintor

being dishonest is one thing. running an underage gambling ring and backpromoting it through your other channels is like another level

People whining about force awakens remind me a lot of people whining about the new ghostbusters

There's definitely a contingent of people that's simply mad there are women and black guys in Star Wars but there's plenty of stuff to criticize about TFA. That's exactly what Brad's talking about re: Fight Club. Don't let some idiots turn liking or disliking a movie into a political position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom