• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

tumblr_o8n01teix01r27g54o2_540.png

Needed to post this here

Dan has played games where your character goes into gun shops that look like gun shops.
He is so peaceful, he removed those images from his mind afterward through careful meditation ☮

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone have a favourite 'old-console-stack-of-games' stream? The bombcast this week made me want to dig back in to some of the older stuff.

Mr. F

Banned
The worst part about Austin Walker leaving, listening to the Bombcast, is hes not going to be there to fight against The Witness

Why's that? I don't recall his stance specifically, but I'm guessing it might have had to do with the audio logs or the attempted narrative?

Why's that? I don't recall his stance specifically, but I'm guessing it might have had to do with the audio logs or the attempted narrative?

Yup, it was against the narrative. And I completely agree with him on it. The witness was ok, but the praise it got was...a bit overblown.

Mr. F

Banned
Yup, it was against the narrative. And I completely agree with him on it. The witness was ok, but the praise it got was...a bit overblown.

I don't know I think the excitement was on the level, considering the type of game it is and having all those mini epiphanies I think it genuinely earns the hype it got. Mechanically tight and exceptionally thought out and probably one of the most notably satisfying puzzle experiences since the first Portal. As a whole it's still a standout for the year for me, some optional audio logs waxing philosophical to varying degrees of cringiness doesn't even begin to enter my mind as a detractor from the over all experience.

I remember comments to the effect of Austin waiting to finish the game before writing a big thing about The Witness's narrative. Did he end up doing that, or did I just make that up in my head and thought I heard him talk about it in the Beastcast?

I remember comments to the effect of Austin waiting to finish the game before writing a big thing about The Witness's narrative. Did he end up doing that, or did I just make that up in my head and thought I heard him talk about it in the Beastcast?

he never wrote it

giant bomb and their friend jonathon blow got to him

follow the money

justjim89

I fucking hate The Witness. I'm probably just too dumb for it, but it felt pretentious and made me super mad at myself for not having this grand epiphany everyone else had. Fuck that game.

Hitman, now that's a video game.

Anjin M

Just watched the Monster Hunter Generations QL. That game is equal parts fascinating and repulsive.

Of course, that could be because they're a bunch of noobs (sorry, Jason). I wonder if watching high level play would make it look more enticing.

derFeef

Just watched the Monster Hunter Generations QL. That game is equal parts fascinating and repulsive.

Of course, that could be because they're a bunch of noobs (sorry, Jason). I wonder if watching high level play would make it look more enticing.

Watching Drew with that slow weapon and then miss a lot of hits is surely not the best thing.
I played MH on the Wii U for the first time. The Gunlance was crack... but I stopped because of the fear that game would consume my life.

Peru

Well they could've used some strategic thinking. And with two MH noobs they're fighting a decently strong monster with characters they hadn't given any good items or weapon/armor upgrade.

Trap the monster to buy free attacking time, bomb the monster when it's sleeping for a huge damage boost, bring more potions, etc.

Jason should've told them to dodge more. Dodge around the monster, dodge out of your attacks to quickly attack again.

So it was a messy hunt but noob hunts sort of have to be. Makes you feel good to struggle and then finally kill the monster.

Most impressive to watch as a spectator are super clean solo hunts where the player hardly takes damage against a powerful monster through masterful evasion and timed attacks. Some do naked runs without any protection.

jgminto

Damn, Furi is pretty awesome. Glad another game is using the brilliant character action/bullet hell genre fusion aside from Nier. And that music too, so good.

Ken

someone should tell drew about sheathing/unsheathe attacks instead of trying to get to the monster with weapon drawn all the time

Meguro

Banned
[Edit: Read that wrong, oops!]
Also that MH QL was about what I expected.
No Brad, the monsters are just way harder in the coop quests, you don't have to grind mater-
I'm the worst kind of person about MH-like games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom