• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

weedsrov5.gif

Scizzy

I don't think people praise The Witness because of its narrative.

I wish Austin had actually written about it, because my interpretation of the narrative was 100% the opposite of his. Which kind of gets at how thin the framing of the game is.

It's pretty great. My 50+ hours of Enter the Gungeon are definitely helping, too.

I saw you had to get four items to access the true ending for a character and threw Gungeon out. Frustrating enough to get down to the Forge in the first place, now get lucky enough to meet the conditions to get these items AND bring them there? Nuh uh, that's terrible level design.

Made up for it with a rad final boss. Gungeon might have style and mechanics but there are so many RNG fuckups that ruin it.

I saw you had to get four items to access the true ending for a character and threw Gungeon out. Frustrating enough to get down to the Forge in the first place, now get lucky enough to meet the conditions to get these items AND bring them there? Nuh uh, that's terrible level design.

Made up for it with a rad final boss. Gungeon might have style and mechanics but there are so many RNG fuckups that ruin it.

Well you only have to bring each item down there once and then the character endings are permanently unlocked. And there's no luck involved aside from some money RNG for the very first one -- the others are all guaranteed to be there and require no additional items to retrieve.

Well you only have to bring each item down there once and then the character endings are permanently unlocked. And there's no luck involved aside from some money RNG for the very first one -- the others are all guaranteed to be there and require no additional items to retrieve.

I thought the third one required a grapple hook to get?

Still, getting everything down there, and getting a good enough run to get down there in the first place, was just too much.

I thought the third one required a grapple hook to get?

Still, getting everything down there, and getting a good enough run to get down there in the first place, was just too much.

Nah, there's an invisible path that you can find with either a liquid-based gun or just using shell casings. But yeah, it's a lot of work -- I kind of wish the default ending had SOMEthing for people not willing to go all the way. I beat all of the character endings (which were great!) but hit the fatigue wall trying to take down the super-secret final boss. Still really enjoyed it.

FStop7

Banned
Uncharted 4 is pretty great brehs

The only gameplay criticism I have is that aiming w/ a controller sucks

The only story criticism I have is the transition from lighthearted wisecracks to murdering 50 people is pretty jarring

UFC2 demo on PS4 is weird. It downloads a 4 gig file, right, then starts a 20 gig file. I pause that because I'm not downloading 20 gigs for a demo. But I'm still able to play the demo which consists of one round. In the bottom corner there's a countdown from 5 hours, presumably when the demo expires? Hearing Drew talk about the Fight Night 3 demo made me download it. Now I'm thinking, on the off chance EA makes another Fight Night, I hope the demo isn't as obtuse as this.

#fightnight6 #skate4 #burnout6

mattp

just wanna chime in to say, i had a demo disc with that syphon filter demo on it, too. and i used to do exactly what dan did. just run around tazing everyone til they burst into flames

justjim89

We seriously need another Powerbombcast soon. And if Austin no longer takes part, they ought to force Brad to watch wrestling and talk about it.

Breaking Brad: Summerslam

I'm pretty sure they played Syphon Filter on a previous demo derby and did exactly that too, or am I losing my mind?

I'm sure this happened but not sure if it was a Demo Derby

Definitely remember Dan freaking about the taser before. Those games were a mainstay on PS1 demo CDs. Even the PS2 game is on two or three OPM DVDs.

They played it on this UPF, and taser-burn a guy at around the 1:39:40. This was in the dark pre-Dan days, though.

Megasoum

Banned
LOL at Jeff mentioning that Kayne & Lynch 2 bug he found. I was one of the guy that received his email on the other end.

I can confirm that we played WAY more K&L2 than him but still never encountered that issue on our side.

Tubobutts

I guess I'm of the opinion that 'maining' anything in a game like Overwatch or TF2 is weird.
Why? If you play something enough you figure out which class/character you're best with. When I was playing TF2 pretty much everyday, the people I played with all had classes they preferred to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why? If you play something enough you figure out which class/character you're best with. When I was playing TF2 pretty much everyday, the people I played with all had classes they preferred to be.

Because you should pick your hero based on the team composition of your allies and your enemies. Especially with only 6 vs 6 player, it becomes even more important than in TF2 where it's at least 12 vs 12.

Zaph

That's why I main Lucio. Not a fan of hero-switch, even though it's integral to the game, but Lucio is good in every situation.

Go S76 when I feel like killing. Also good in most situations.

Tubobutts

Because you should pick your hero based on the team composition of your allies and your enemies. Especially with only 6 vs 6 player, it becomes even more important than in TF2 where it's at least 12 vs 12.
I haven't played Overwatch so I'm not completely sure how it works, but heroes are split up into categories right? If your team needs a hero from a specific category isn't it better to play as the one you're best at rather than one who might fit a bit better but you're much worse at? Plus some people don't care about team composition and are just going to pick the character they have fun playing as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom