• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

tonka

From the chat

8vYIujv.png

Lijik

Patricks assessment that it feels like a PS2era-ass videogame for all the right and wrong reasons has me excited to check it out sometime. That was honestly the vibe I was hoping for once they started showing off gameplay

Meguro

Banned
MILES KILO
ReCore looks like an okay B-Tier game.
Unfortunately I'm already playing Remember Me right now so it'll have to wait its turn.

mattp

Oof, that seems like an awful oversight by Patreon. Seems like it would be an easy fix. Charge people immediately upon resubbing and then again on the first of the month. It both encourages people to keep their subs going and prevents the creator from getting fucked by glaringly obvious loopholes like this.

they should just charge people at signup, but adjust the amount based on the day of the month

pledge 10 bucks a month, but on the 15th. so only charge 5 bucks for that month cuz its half over

Giganteus

This could be one of those games you could have Brad play again in two years or so and ask "Wait, why did you like this as much as you did?"

He wouldn't be sure why.

Reviews paint a picture of ReCore as a PS2 era game, but it honestly reminds me more of an early PS3 Japanese title, when they were still basically PS2 games with more stuff bolted on awkwardly.

The game looks super dull. I like the idea of it, but the overall execution seems lacking? I'm gonna keep watching the stream, just in case something good pops up.

Also, movement doesn't seem great. It's all very basic.

oti

Banned
Pretty obvious now why MS didn't bother marketing this game. I'm sure it'll find its fans and I'm glad it exists, but nope.

Salarians

If you showed me this and said it was a PS3 game from 2006, I'd believe you. Something about it reminds me of Game Republic's games.

Some of that dungeon stuff seemed OK. I'm not sure how the rest of the game holds up, because the combat doesn't seem too engaging.

I do like the look of the enemies and the robot friends.

Anyone know when they'll open a job req. for the open spot in GB West? How was that process when they hired Austin (I wasn't around for that bit. I started paying more attention when he started working for them)? I heard that they read bad resumes and cover letters on the podcast. Is this true?

Top Bottom