• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

In the survey I wish there was a way to select the option of watching GB content on a 3rd party app... Specifically, I use the GB Video Buddy to watch like 80% of their stuff... That thing is awesome and they should just pay the guy and make it an official app.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I've been kinda worried about GB the last couple of days. You look at their Youtube page and their videos really don't get a lot of hits (I think Jeff once said they get about the same amount on the site? I might have dreamed that up though).

So it's a happy coincidence that somebody actually asked Jeff about it on Tumblr (and no, that was not me)
http://jeff.zone/post/150372779706/is-the-longer-premium-sale-and-the-lower-price

Some of that stuff sounds so weird to me.
Putting some of the old subscriber videos up on YouTube was something we talked about like two years ago, but only now have the actual time to plan for and execute on.
Putting some old videos up on Youtube took two years?

Joeku

Some of that stuff sounds so weird to me.

Putting some old videos up on Youtube took two years?

Subscriber stuff would never have been uploaded to youtube in the first place. They'd have to go dig out the hard drives with the videos, I'd assume.

J_Viper

As someone who's never owned a gaming PC, and has always played on consoles, Jar was right on the money with the whole future of consoles/PC talk during Jeff Time

Can't wait to hear more of his thoughts on the Bombcast

In the survey I wish there was a way to select the option of watching GB content on a 3rd party app... Specifically, I use the GB Video Buddy to watch like 80% of their stuff... That thing is awesome and they should just pay the guy and make it an official app.

They just need better API hooks. They could have syncing and other features without having an "official" app. I would love that.

New thumbnails with jeff's goofy face
impact font

Jaded Jeff's Joystick Jamboree

DhRvJdG.jpg

kiguel182

Since they are working from home on Mondays I propose Monday Dota With Brad!

Also, regarding the premium stuff, it's hard to not want more and more premium stuff. Within reason obviously.

They have to maintain a balance between the free stuff and the premium stuff and I feel that balance is off right now.

They'll still have my money until I can afford it without any regrets.

Jintor

Jeff is definitely mechanics driven when it comes to his favorite games, but also in a pretty specific way that's impossible to predict. And he values some fresh take on old mechanics, usually.

bizarre he didn't get into splatoon in that case... well not really since I can't recall him really playing a wii u game. I know he has one cos he says his wife played both Bayos on it.

Splatoon still has the god damn most streamlined, amazing mechanics in the last two years or so I think.

Ashby

bizarre he didn't get into splatoon in that case... well not really since I can't recall him really playing a wii u game. I know he has one cos he says his wife played both Bayos on it.

Splatoon still has the god damn most streamlined, amazing mechanics in the last two years or so I think.

Motion controls.

He liked Splatoon.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff had Splatoon on his top 10 last year, so he didn't hate it. But yeah...very specific tastes. I don't think he really likes classes in shooters.

Jintor

Mario maker...?

No argument, but when we talk mechanics in a Maker, are we only talking about the playing-the-game bit or are we also talking about the making-the-game-and-then-playing-it?

He liked Splatoon.

Jeff had Splatoon on his top 10 last year, so he didn't hate it. But yeah...very specific tastes. I don't think he really likes classes in shooters.

I always got the impression he got more into Splatoon for its styyyyyyyyyyyle than its gameplay necessarily

Hey, you see that patch of ground with no color? Go cover it in ink.

shoot that guy

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

NightOnyx

As someone who's never owned a gaming PC, and has always played on consoles, Jar was right on the money with the whole future of consoles/PC talk during Jeff Time

Can't wait to hear more of his thoughts on the Bombcast

That question in particular made me really rethink things. I love Playstation, and I love playing games on a console. However, is buying a PS4 Pro and a 4KTV really the best way to go with my money? I mean my plan right now is to probably buy a Pro and a Samsung KS8000, that's like $1600+ right there depending on what I size TV I want. Now I'm thinking about taking that money and instead finally buying myself a decent gaming PC.

For that money, or even less, I'm sure I could build a solid PC that will do way more than the Pro. Plus, for someone that doesnt own an Xbox, being able to play some of their exclusives like Forza sounds really nice since they are coming to PC as well.

hamchan

That question in particular made me really rethink things. I love Playstation, and I love playing games on a console. However, is buying a PS4 Pro and a 4KTV really the best way to go with my money? I mean my plan right now is to probably buy a Pro and a Samsung KS8000, that's like $1600+ right there depending on what I size TV I want. Now I'm thinking about taking that money and instead finally buying myself a decent gaming PC.

For that money, or even less, I'm sure I could build a solid PC that will do way more than the Pro. Plus, for someone that doesnt own an Xbox, being able to play some of their exclusives like Forza sounds really nice since they are coming to PC as well.

PC is the way to go. You get the most games, at the highest quality, with whatever control setup you want, with any screen you want.

Plus it does seem a bit early for 4K when like Brad said, GTX 1080s can only just barely reach 4K 60fps. Better to wait a year or two to see where 4K is at. 144hz G-Sync monitors provide a better visual upgrade than 4K imo anyways.

justjim89

Yup. I ordered an I5 and new mobo yesterday because those 2 parts were 6 year olds on my pc. Everything on my PC will practically be new now.

Yeah, I have a 1070 and a 6600k. Been 1080p 60 fps on Ultra for everything I've played since. Doom was actually too fast for me to play compared to the 25 fps on my laptop.

NightOnyx

PC is the way to go. You get the most games, at the highest quality, with whatever control setup you want, with any screen you want.

Plus it does seem a bit early for 4K when like Brad said, GTX 1080s can only just barely reach 4K 60fps. Better to wait a year or two to see where 4K is at. 144hz G-Sync monitors provide a better visual upgrade than 4K imo anyways.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting with 4K. I'm sure PS4 Pro games will look nice on those display, but I dont think it's at the point where it's worth spending all that money. I still have my PS4 and maybe I will upgrade to a Pro eventually, especially is something like Horizon looks runs/looks better wit the Pro even with a 1080p screen. For now I think I'm going to pass on the 4k tv though and just spend $1000-$1500 on a PC and monitor.

Top Bottom