• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

It's been that ever since Vinny moved. The show is 75% Brad and Jeff.

I feel like it was okay for a bit when Vinny left, but somewhere down the line it devolved into what it is now.

The parts where they talk about new releases and news are the sections I find the worst to listen to; its a much better show during the emails section and the first bit where they talk about stuff they did the past week.

justjim89

I feel like it was okay for a bit when Vinny left, but somewhere down the line it devolved into what it is now.

The parts where they talk about new releases and news are the sections I find the worst to listen to; its a much better show during the emails section and the first bit where they talk about stuff they did the past week.

I'd honestly be surprised if between first and second hour of the average Bombcast there's even 10 minutes of collective speech from Dan, Drew, and Jason combined.

CsRTqKpVUAEt062.jpg:medium

So is there a ReCore QL on GB, cause I can't find one...

It's kind of archived privately for now? Maybe they're thinking to drop it when the review hits.

clooney_chuckle.gif

I hope they do a group stream of Don't Starve Together. It just came out on PS4 (it's been out on PC for a little while). It's essentially the original game, but co-op. If you own the original game (I got it on PS+), you can buy the special value pack that includes the original game (plus 2 expansions), the new co-op game, and 2 PS4 themes for $10.79 (the original game is also cross-buy with PS3 and PS Vita). The co-op game is $15 on its own, I think. If you did not own the original game, the bundle is $26.99.

Mr. F

Banned
You can tell Dan is pining for Vinny and Alex when Brad and Jeff have a private conversation for 20 minutes on the Bombcast

Before the video component I had always assumed he'd gone to the washroom or something. It can go either way depending on the topics/emails at hand, Brad goes silent during random tangents as well. I sometimes tend to forget Jason's on too
but im ok with that

I wish I had money to help. My sister-in-law's (my brother's wife) father had MS and passed away in 2013, tragically mere months before my niece was born. The sad thing was my sister-in-law was unable to be with her father, as she was too far along in her pregnancy to take such a long car ride. It had to be done over video chat (it was either Skype or FaceTime).

Living in San Francisco all my life so far; the more I listen and watch Giant Bomb content, my opinion of San Francisco lessens and lessens as the days go by. Like shit, they're right about the city like most of the time.

Jintor

lmao. i was contemplating it but ultimately decided to just get the ps3 version since i'm assuredly going to get an artbook later and the artbook that comes with collectors editions i've always been wary of

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I'm going to sound insane (which I probably do already), but the OST collection is a major factor.

Don't care about the school bag or the plush really.

Also didn't get the PS3 version so that I won't be tempted to make my first experience something I can't understand. Which sounds doubly silly.

But hey.

Man, Persona 4's OST is so good! I've never been a huge J-pop guy, but it took hold of me and hasn't let go.

I still bump "Your Affection" on a way too regular basis.

ev0

Listening to the podcast now, Jeff is not wrong- but also his strong insistence that anyone who wants a more powerful console (as a previous ps4 owner too) will just go to PC seems to be making large assumptions about what some people would deal with regarding PCs.

I am a crazy PC person, spent a lot of money on it; but I have two friends who just love games, and want the "best" graphics but their limit just stops at console. One because he can't be assed to deal with a PC, and even if he did he wants to watch it on his big TV and cant be assed to set it up. So while he knows PC is better, that will never be part of his world. I have to imagine there are others like this.

My other friend is just a crazy Apple person and won't touch a gaming PC.

derFeef

I don't want to hit that "ReCore turns int ogarbage" point anytime soon because I am having a great time with it. Good game.

Had a family matter that I had to attend to and now I'm finally free again to listen to the Bombcast now, man their Recore discussion reminded me of this.

4ekmwIT.gif

Still getting the game though, I'm fine with some jank in my games.

It went up 5 dollars since I posted it.

I was in the process of writing the info for the donation when I wrote that comment but then this happened when I "Donated".

Which is weird since Kuwait is already on there, usually donation sites like these decline cards if you're not from America(most if not all of them have Paypal). However, I left them a message on Twitter and hopefully it'll go through because I'd love to help. I'm hoping they have Paypal(not seeing it on the site though).

e: Another solution would be I'd donate to one of you guys to your paypal and then you could donate using your credit card info but my name as the donator. It may be a hassle but I'm down for that if any of you guys are willing to help.

Poyunch

Started watching the new Bombcast finally. Dan's should start getting into the dark world of cosplay because with his current beard, he's starting to looking like old-man Kratos.

Top Bottom