• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So is the managed livestream page just busted now? I haven't used it in forever and I missed the Bionic Commando steam, but the managed page just doesn't load a video. I don't mind just waiting for the archive, but am bummed that doesn't work anymore.

So is the managed livestream page just busted now? I haven't used it in forever and I missed the Bionic Commando steam, but the managed page just doesn't load a video. I don't mind just waiting for the archive, but am bummed that doesn't work anymore.
Never worked for east, stopped working for west streams.

I went to giantbomb.com/chat to see Bionic Commando and it wasn't happening but I renewed my membership while I was there...wait a minute. Dammit. Vinny swindled me!

I've been away from Rocket League for a while, why are there tornadoes and ice balls and shit?

That's the new Rumble mode they added last week. It's a power-up mode that has things like grapples to pull the ball, ice to freeze a ball in place (many times just outside of a goal), tornadoes to throw people (and the ball) around, spikes to cling the ball to you or attack others, punching fist to attack, etc.

Speaking of Rocket League, can they still do Us Vs. Them without Austin being at GB East (or maybe bring him in for one final match?)? It'd have to be done before Dan joins them. It's tied 1-1!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay the Turing Test QL made it look right up my alley, but does anyone know if the story manages to be as intriguing as it looks in that video?

Johndoey

Banned
I didn't like the gameplay of MGSV enough to ignore the fact I disliked almost everything else about it.

Quiet is an awful character and everything to do with Quiet past the initial
battle with her
is bad.

ultron87

Okay the Turing Test QL made it look right up my alley, but does anyone know if the story manages to be as intriguing as it looks in that video?

Eh. It has a perfectly adequate story but I don't think it goes anywhere particularly interesting from the initial premise. There is one neat thing that it does.

Also I don't think the puzzles progress in a very interesting way. By the end they become more busywork than actual difficult puzzle solving. Definitely some rooms at end where you come in, look real quick and know how to solve it, then just get bogged down in the actual execution.

I did generally enjoy playing through it.

FStop7

Banned
I'm playing Sleepy Dogs Definitive Edition and I think the original Sleepy Dogs may be the game of the 360/PS3 generation. Better than Red Dead. Better than Arkham. Better than AssCreed 2 or Brotherhood. Better than Dark Souls. Better than New Vegas. Better than Mass Effect 1 or 2.

Sleepy Dogs is _so_ good.

About 40% of MGS V is incredible but the remaining 60% is a mess of incomplete and broken stuff.

oti

Banned
Whelp I bought a bunch of games.

SFV PS4 was 20€ so I bought it. (Already own it on PC but I wanted the PS4 version too.)
CoD: Advanced Warfare XBO for 10€. The last CoD I played was... Black Ops 1 I think. I don't have Xbox Live Gold but I'm not interested in Multiplayer anyway, because:
Overwatch PS4 for 44€. Had tons of fun with the free weekend so I decided to buy it.
PS+ 12 months because..., I need it.

LiK

Whelp I bought a bunch of games.

SFV PS4 was 20€ so I bought it. (Already own it on PC but I wanted the PS4 version too.)
CoD: Advanced Warfare XBO for 10€. The last CoD I played was... Black Ops 1 I think. I don't have Xbox Live Gold but I'm not interested in Multiplayer anyway, because:
Overwatch PS4 for 44€. Had tons of fun with the free weekend so I decided to buy it.
PS+ 12 months because..., I need it.

Welcome aboard. Join OW OT

Metal Gear ended with MGS2. MGS3 and PW are just fun, non-canonical side games.

Nothing else matters.

Before MGSV came out I actually had this sincere hope that Kojima would just say FUCK IT and salt the earth by having you reach the end of the game and it suddenly cuts back to PS2 graphics, and you're back in Arsenal Gear, and Solidus is telling Raiden that he just saw a fake past created by the Patriots (3, PW, V) and the horrible future planned for them (4), and then it ends with some weird Evangelion shit where reality falls apart and it just ends there

repeater

Before MGSV came out I actually had this sincere hope that Kojima would just say FUCK IT and salt the earth by having you reach the end of the game and it suddenly cuts back to PS2 graphics, and you're back in Arsenal Gear, and Solidus is telling Raiden that he just saw a fake past created by the Patriots (3, PW, V) and the horrible future planned for them (4), and then it ends with some weird Evangelion shit where reality falls apart and it just ends there
I think that would actually have been cooler than the ending we got.

You looking for a job as the new steward of MGS at Konami?

"Metal Gear Revive
An EmCeeGramr Game"

Salarians

Death Stranding's trailer was apparently made with Sucker Punch's engine. This means, theoretically, they could reuse Dan's head scan for a background character in this game.

Salarians

I remember doing this and hoping I wouldnt destroy/overheat my 360.

Also if you set it up correctly, you could just leave it on and sync it to this website that sounded an alarm whenever you needed to feed Frank
An alarm reminding you to feed your grown man

I kind of regret not going for it once but, considering my luck with 360s, it's probably better I didn't.

tumblr_obwzhqRoHg1u6oeoao1_400.jpg

Sakwoff

I remember doing this and hoping I wouldnt destroy/overheat my 360.

Also if you set it up correctly, you could just leave it on and sync it to this website that sounded an alarm whenever you needed to feed Frank

Doing the killing 50k zombies thing was my one "doing stupid nonsense for an achievement" moment. Back when that stuff was kinda new/novel. Got cured of that pretty quickly though.

Got that sweet mega blaster for it though. Which totally broke the game if you used it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Doing the killing 50k zombies thing was my one "doing stupid nonsense for an achievement" moment. Back when that stuff was kinda new/novel. Got cured of that pretty quickly though.

Got that sweet mega blaster for it though. Which totally broke the game if you used it.

It better breaks the game considering the amount of time and effort it takes to get it.

I hope the gang in SF or NY do a full-on 24 hour studio stint for Extra Life this year. I'm watching Chip and Ironicus' Gextra Life stream and if they can manage that fucking abortion of a series for a full day, I'm sure GB can handle Windjammers or whatever again. (Plus, it's a great way to give me a shitton of content!)

Top Bottom