• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

killroy87

God, like three times now I've seen an old segment like Load Our Last Souls pop up on the GB Twitter and thought they were bringing it back, only to find out they're spotlighting old content that's free for everyone during the sale.

Salarians

We've reached the point where they can turn Dan into a vocaloid and have him on both coasts.

https://youtu.be/JCAjruL7aJM?t=1319

Start around 22:00 in, and stick around.
tumblr_inline_mudb82LD591rvmejd.png

https://youtu.be/JCAjruL7aJM?t=1319

Start around 22:00 in, and stick around.

Hey Dan, will any of you do a Quick Look of Don't Starve Together? It's a semi-sequel to Don't Starve (it's essentially a stand alone co-op version). It does offline split-screen, online split-screen (combo local/online), LAN, and Online. I think it would be a fun game to see you and three others (probably Brad, Jeff, and Drew) play together. It just released on PS4 yesterday.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ever since Drew commented on Brad's "back of the head" headphone style placement, to avoid headphone hair, in a past podcast (I think it was) I can't stop noticing Brad's mannerism of adjusting his headphones every 5 minutes. Someone should make a compilation gif.

mintyice

Ever since Drew commented on Brad's "back of the head" headphone style placement, to avoid headphone hair, in a past podcast (I think it was) I can't stop noticing Brad's mannerism of adjusting his headphones every 5 minutes. Someone should make a compilation gif.

just like when Patrick would always say "ba-da baaaaa" during anything he was in to fill the awkward gap while he thought of something to say.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ReCore looks like something I could be really into, rough edges and all, if the environmental design looked to be anything other than uniformly "vaguely futuristic industrial construction in a big rocky desert" and "cave"

def sim

Dan is moving to NYC after this year.

A new Yakuza game comes out in the US on January 2017 and is an origin story.

Alex and Dan want to play a Yakuza game.
🤔

nah they'll probably do shenmue 2

jgminto

If only the HD remake of Yakuza 1 and 2 were released in the US, it would make getting into the series a lot easier. They should still start with 1 on PS2 but it has some issues, 2 is much better.

The transition between 1 and 2 on PS2 is weird even beyond the dropping of English dubbing, because IIRC they actually changed a couple character names for the English translation in 1. Also Kiryu goes from being referred to as his first name (Kazuma) to his last name.

If only the HD remake of Yakuza 1 and 2 were released in the US, it would make getting into the series a lot easier. They should still start with 1 on PS2 but it has some issues, 2 is much better.

I wouldn't be against starting with 4. Missing Be My Baby in 2 is unfortunate but sacrifices must be made.

Starting with Yakuza 1 PS2 would probably be a mistake. There's a full remake of 1 on PS4 that I don't think is getting localized. Y4 or 5 would be where I'd start.

iddqd

Sorry if this has been asked a ton already, are people happy with their premium subscriptions?

I'm thinking about giving them some money but I could also just buy a shirt if people feel that the premium content is not worth it.

Top Bottom