• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Yeah, and the time since the last Powerbombcast has maybe been the most interesting time in WWE in years imo. Indie darlings are champions, women wrestling has never been better, New Day will either be broken up or become the longest running tag-team champions in the next 3 months, Cruiserweight Classic has been great and Cruiserweights are coming to RAW. Even Heath Slater is over.

Also: Lucha Underground is back, Alex didn't talk about the G1, Delete or Decay. There's a LOT of stuff to talk about.

Like what? Try to explain to me what happened in wrestling. I don't know anything about wrestling.

They had a cup of warm piss and poured water into it.

They tried to put an ice cube in to make it a little bit better but it got injured.

So they just pissed in it some more.

FStop7

Banned
Where's the Quicklook of ReCore they did 2 days ago? Where's a Quicklook of Pacman? Where are Quicklooks of Dead Rising and Bioshock, assuming they even plan to cover those? None of these things are even on the Coming Soon schedule. Jeff saying they'd do a Quicklook of Pacman when they get their hands on a code for the console version is pretty lame. Just buy the game and Quicklook it - it's out!

If they're not even covering the obvious stuff, how can we hope for anything extra?

I haven't been following this thread so can anyone tell me how the newest Endurance Run is going over? I am still on the 5th episode and it just got boring to me. When Vinny finally said "This game sucks" that was kind of it for me. I will probably end up watching it all in the end, but as far as it being the only consistent content we're getting, that's not doing it for me.

Things were going really well with content until Austin left and Vinny said they were taking a week off. Something happened and things have been off of the rails.

Like what? Try to explain to me what happened in wrestling. I don't know anything about wrestling.

so the big thing is that WWE split its entire cast of wrestlers and personalities into two, with each person either going to raw or smackdown (the latter of which is now live, meaning things of consequence can happen on it since there's no longer the fear of stuff getting spoiled before airing)

this means that they had to introduce new championships for each show, and the two big champions right now are an indie darling that doesn't have the WWE "look" (taking the place of another popular indie dude who won the championship in his first pay-per-view match but got hurt) and a guy known for being one of the best wrestlers in the world (if not the best) after making his name in every place that wasn't the WWE

sasha banks, almost everybody's favorite woman wrestler won the women's title and has since lost it

bayley, almost everybody's second favorite woman wrestler debuted on raw shortly thereafter

the usos, shitty boring generic good guys, have become less shitty still generic bad guys

an entire new division is coming to raw, with a bevy of new wrestlers alongside it

the cruiserweight classic, a WWE tournament for non-WWE cruiserweight wrestlers from across the world started and is almost over

alberto del rio left the company, with paige possibly to follow

as for non-WWE stuff, friend of the site kenny omega won the G1, a huge japanese wrestling tournament

the matt and jeff hardy stuff mentioned in the last podcast has gone even deeper

and I'm sure there's a bunch I missed, but that should give you an idea of how nuts shit has been since they last recorded a podcast

justjim89

Yeah we've needed a new Powerbombcast for like a month and a half. So much to talk about, but when they do another one they won't get to half of it and they'll still act like it's all crap. Maybe they're waiting for Austin to be available?

LiK

Jason just needs to be more enthusiastic about the stuff he likes. He sometimes second guesses himself in some discussions.

so the big thing is that WWE split its entire cast of wrestlers and personalities into two, with each person either going to raw or smackdown (the latter of which is now live, meaning things of consequence can happen on it since there's no longer the fear of stuff getting spoiled before airing)

this means that they had to introduce new championships for each show, and the two big champions right now are an indie darling that doesn't have the WWE "look" (taking the place of another popular indie dude who won the championship in his first pay-per-view match but got hurt) and a guy known for being one of the best wrestlers in the world (if not the best) after making his name in every place that wasn't the WWE

sasha banks, almost everybody's favorite woman wrestler won the women's title and has since lost it

bayley, almost everybody's second favorite woman wrestler debuted on raw shortly thereafter

the usos, shitty boring generic good guys, have become less shitty still generic bad guys

an entire new division is coming to raw, with a bevy of new wrestlers alongside it

the cruiserweight classic, a WWE tournament for non-WWE cruiserweight wrestlers from across the world started and is almost over

alberto del rio left the company, with paige possibly to follow

as for non-WWE stuff, friend of the site kenny omega won the G1, a huge japanese wrestling tournament

the matt and jeff hardy stuff mentioned in the last podcast has gone even deeper

and I'm sure there's a bunch I missed, but that should give you an idea of how nuts shit has been since they last recorded a podcast

tl;dr:

They had a cup of warm piss and poured water into it.

They tried to put an ice cube in to make it a little bit better but it got injured.

So they just pissed in it some more.

Yeah

I would just like to see the West guys do another feature similar to Random PC Game or Load Our Last Save, something just dedicated to playing a solid hour or two of one game that someone on the team loves, old or new. Somewhat like the GBE playdates I guess? Minus the full playthrough ones.

It seems like quite a bit you'll have stuff like Brad's 7th Guest UPF segment where they end up being all "ya this seems cool but maybe this isn't the best format for it" since it just gets drowned out in the background by the casual conversation of UPF. I would fuckin love a premium stream of Brad sitting down and playing a couple hours of 7th Guest with someone and talking about why it was such a cool game at the time. Or System Shock 2 which he's always loved. Seems like it'd be an easy segment for any of the crew to contribute to.

LiK

Posted in Bombcast thread but it's pretty light on replies so I'll repeat it here.

Brad glossing over the Sony TGS presser was frustrating. Lots of announcements and release dates but he didn't even mention most of it. Sigh.

ArjanN

i can't decide if i love nuclear throne or hate it. it's fun but going through the desert every fucking time just to get instant murdered on the ice world boss is really beginning to grate on me

There's a couple of ways to warp forward some levels, athough that way you'll also have less perks.

Tubobutts

I trust Brad.
2762141-brad.jpg

ArjanN

Where's the Quicklook of ReCore they did 2 days ago? Where's a Quicklook of Pacman? Where are Quicklooks of Dead Rising and Bioshock, assuming they even plan to cover those? None of these things are even on the Coming Soon schedule. Jeff saying they'd do a Quicklook of Pacman when they get their hands on a code for the console version is pretty lame. Just buy the game and Quicklook it - it's out!

If they're not even covering the obvious stuff, how can we hope for anything extra?

I haven't been following this thread so can anyone tell me how the newest Endurance Run is going over? I am still on the 5th episode and it just got boring to me. When Vinny finally said "This game sucks" that was kind of it for me. I will probably end up watching it all in the end, but as far as it being the only consistent content we're getting, that's not doing it for me.

It's weird to me Vinnny is kinda being the most Debbie Downer in the Shenmue ER, I feel like a lot of things he takes issue with are really common in adventure games, which he's genertally into.

Yeah lots has happened since last power bombcast.

The new day are now way past their prime and need to split

Sasha banks has sort of gone downhill and her promo last raw was one of the worst in some time

Smackdown has become way better than raw

AJ is awesome

Heath and Rhino are the best tag team in WWE

Kevin Owens and jericho are the second best team in WWE .

Top Bottom