• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

can you even imagine the complaints when it takes Drew half the game to figure out the parry system

Dan: There's a parry but it doesn't really work, so try to dodge.
Drew: How do I dodge.
Dan: Uh... I don't remember. I think you just do the runny thing and jump a lot.

Sorry if this has been asked a ton already, are people happy with their premium subscriptions?

I'm thinking about giving them some money but I could also just buy a shirt if people feel that the premium content is not worth it.

It is very worth it, especially if you've never had Premium before. There's a huuuge back catalog of fantastic premium content, just check the OP.

jgminto

Starting with Yakuza 1 PS2 would probably be a mistake. There's a full remake of 1 on PS4 that I don't think is getting localized. Y4 or 5 would be where I'd start.
They can start with PS2 1 but they would probably need some advice, like talking to the martial arts master to unlock some of Kazuma's key moves.

They can start with PS2 1 but they would probably need some advice, like talking to the martial arts master to unlock some of Kazuma's key moves.

Well as we've seen from recent events, they're very good at discovering new moves for a jacketed Japanese man in a Sega game

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Sorry if this has been asked a ton already, are people happy with their premium subscriptions?

I'm thinking about giving them some money but I could also just buy a shirt if people feel that the premium content is not worth it.

If you have never seen any of the Premium stuff it is super worth it.

LowRoller

If you've never subbed before you have a ton of great stuff to watch.

Deadstar

Why is the Giant Bomb search function so terrible? I search for unprofessional fridays and instead of giving me a list in chronological order it's showing me shows from this year, the last year and even two years ago! The top six listings aren't even from this year!!!

Meneses

I think it should be

- They decide to start with the new one coming out on PS4.

- Dan watches Youtube videos / story breakdowns to catch up on the entire series until then.

- The first episode is Dan gathering what he watched and explaining the story to Alex and Vinny.

jgminto

I think it should be

- They decide to start with the new one coming out on PS4.

- Dan watches Youtube videos / story breakdowns to catch up on the entire series until then.

- The first episode is Dan gathering what he watched and explaining the story to Alex and Vinny.
Metal Gear Scanlon would have been a lot less enjoyable if Drew did that.

tonka

Why is the Giant Bomb search function so terrible? I search for unprofessional fridays and instead of giving me a list in chronological order it's showing me shows from this year, the last year and even two years ago! The top six listings aren't even from this year!!!

http://qlcrew.com/

And to actually answer your question, the moneymen don't give the engineers enough man hours to do the work and testing, I can only imagine all the time is spent firefighting instead of new features

FStop7

Banned
If only the HD remake of Yakuza 1 and 2 were released in the US, it would make getting into the series a lot easier. They should still start with 1 on PS2 but it has some issues, 2 is much better.

Isn't that Yakuza 0 and isn't it coming to the USA? Seriously asking, I want to do a full run through the series and I'm waiting for that game to come out before I begin.

Isn't that Yakuza 0 and isn't it coming to the USA? Seriously asking, I want to do a full run through the series and I'm waiting for that game to come out before I begin.

Yeah Yakuza 0 is a remake of the first one and it's coming to the US early next year on PS4 digitally I believe.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

bc everything other than the content, the actual giantbomb.com site is an utter mess. The video player is trash, sorting is non existent, and search is useless.

Use these in order to not have a terrible time
http://i.gamersfeed.com/browse/videos/
http://qlcrew.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealGiantBomb

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Premium content is great, much rather pay for videos than merchandise.

They should probably just play Yakuza 2 because 1. it's the best one; 2. it's the "wackiest" one; 3. it's pretty self-contained; 4. Dan seems to like rivalry stories; and 5. do we really want the endurance run to be a commitment to play all the games in a series instead of trying a bunch of stuff?

iddqd

OK, sorry for another question.
Any good way of watching all the premium stuff?
Are there playlists or an easier way to navigate everything?
I feel overwhelmed!

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck I'm actually seriously thinking about re-subbing to WoW...

None of my friends are playing anymore tho so not sure where I'd go.

No_Style

If only the HD remake of Yakuza 1 and 2 were released in the US, it would make getting into the series a lot easier. They should still start with 1 on PS2 but it has some issues, 2 is much better.

I started the series with 2 and thanks to the included recap video, I felt okay going in.

How is it that he's reached the peak without watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Dan's stand, Oye Como Va, is a natural humanoid stand that summons Taco Bell on demand. Not food items mind you, but literal locations that drop down on his enemy's head. His signature move is BAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA BLAAAAST.

Power: B
Speed: C
Range: D
Durability: A
Precision: D
Potential: C

hamchan

Yeah Yakuza 0 is a remake of the first one and it's coming to the US early next year on PS4 digitally I believe.

Yakuza 0 is a prequel to the series that was released after Yakuza 5 in Japan. Yakuza Kiwami is the remake of 1 that isn't confirmed to be localized.

Also if they do ER Yakuza they should totally start from the 1st one. The story is good in that game.

It's a great thing!

Hell yes it is. Enjoyed SUPERHOT alot.

tumblr_obwzhqRoHg1u6oeoao1_400.jpg

z6R3KuG.gif

Awesome, thanks guys.
Jumping in!

Welcome aboard! Check this out.

Bionic Commando is always a good time.

Damn shame, game is arriving to me next week. Looking forward to the first half of it!

Yakuza 0 is a prequel to the series that was released after Yakuza 5 in Japan. Yakuza Kiwami is the remake of 1 that isn't confirmed to be localized.

Also if they do ER Yakuza they should totally start from the 1st one. The story is good in that game.

Ah I see, Yakuza's naming system is weird. Either way I hope they all come to the states.

Top Bottom