• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

TraBuch

Banned
Ah, I see Dan's already seen the NJPW Yakuza news. Cool little cameo, but not quite my favorite.

143_yakuza_4_game_04.jpg

Deadstar

http://qlcrew.com/

And to actually answer your question, the moneymen don't give the engineers enough man hours to do the work and testing, I can only imagine all the time is spent firefighting instead of new features

Thank you so much. This is amazing. They really need to put that subscription money towards improving the site. They have so much great content but if you're a new subscriber you're never going to find it if it's past a month old and you aren't looking for a specific game quicklook.

XTrpgSY.gif

Thank you so much. This is amazing. They really need to put that subscription money towards improving the site. They have so much great content but if you're a new subscriber you're never going to find it if it's past a month old and you aren't looking for a specific game quicklook.

Jiff said they are working on new player and all other stuff. He said he'd like to redesign everything.

pizzacat

Banned
Dan's stand, Oye Como Va, is a natural humanoid stand that summons Taco Bell on demand. Not food items mind you, but literal locations that drop down on his enemy's head. His signature move is BAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA BLAAAAST.

Power: B
Speed: C
Range: D
Durability: A
Precision: D
Potential: C
yare yare daze

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the toejam and early email on the bombcast is like a good distilling about why arguing about games is dumb

'these mechancis are good, the other games mechancis are shit'
'those mechanics are shit, the original games mechanics were good'

OK, sorry for another question.
Any good way of watching all the premium stuff?
Are there playlists or an easier way to navigate everything?
I feel overwhelmed!

QL crew to search. If you want to cast to a TV or something Giant Bomb Video Buddy is amazing, highly recommend it :).

Sorry if this has been asked a ton already, are people happy with their premium subscriptions?

I'm thinking about giving them some money but I could also just buy a shirt if people feel that the premium content is not worth it.
If you never seen any prem content before the back catalog alone is def worth it.
And with a larger prem base they can go to cbsi and say we are growing and need more budget for stuff.

Meguro

Banned
Counter/Weight which would be Season 2 or Marielda which is the current season.
The first season has a rouuugh stretch at the beginning, especially in regards to audio quality.

BTA

It's only the first few episodes of season 1 that are rough (and they're still pretty entertaining!), but I started listening to the show when only like 1/3 of the first season (if that) was out, so I might be biased.

Besides, if you don't listen to season 1 first you'll miss out on Art's worst sin.

EDIT: Regarding Yakuza, I've been playing 1 and really enjoying it (though I've had to take a break for the few months that I'm away from my PS2). I do really wish we got the HD collection in the US; the friend I borrowed 1 from doesn't have 2...

justjim89

The lack of a Powerbombcast is disturbing and disappointing.

I tweeted Alex today asking about it, but he didn't respond. Usually, when they've got another one coming soon he'll answer.

Go figure, wrestling is largely great right now and they don't record. But if it starts to wane, they'll be fresh up with a new episode so they can shrug for 90 minutes and go "I don't know why we do this! It's so bad, you guys!"

Are they waiting on Austin to be free to record?

killroy87

God damnit, Brad. The Recore review contained a spoiler about
a fourth flying companion
and it pissed me off so much. Like, does the man just not think? It hasn't been part of the marketing at all, and unless I just completely missed it, wasn't meant to be a known thing.

I know it's like a running joke and all with him, but it's hilariously inconsiderate.

Xater

God damnit, Brad. The Recore review contained a spoiler about
a fourth flying companion
and it pissed me off so much. Like, does the man just not think? It hasn't been part of the marketing at all, and unless I just completely missed it, wasn't meant to be a known thing.

I know it's like a running joke and all with him, but it's hilariously inconsiderate.

Calling a gameplay feature like that a spoiler will never not be hilarious to me.

Just now finally getting around to watching the ReCore quick look, and I just can't help but think, I really really miss the days that they would look at multiple versions of a game in a quick look. They keep talking about the problems that the Xbox version has, but I'd like to see it for myself. Wish they would cut to do both, it's useful.

hamchan

Recore, Dead Rising 3
Brad Spoilermaker strikes again this week

Kinda don't care about Dead Rising 3's story but it is pretty hilarious that Brad is spoiling it the week the remaster collection comes out with people playing the series for the first time (including myself).

Xater

I think I'm wrong anyway lol, I think the thing is on the box art. I had just never known of its existence before.

I'll just move along :p

Oh yeah I am pretty sure you are wrong, because I knew about the thing before. If you were not wrong, I would still make fun of you for considering that a spoiler.

Chuck

Still without luck
Wait is that called "What's Shenmue" because people still don't know what the title is referring to???

Don't answer than if it's a spoiler.

Wait is that called "What's Shenmue" because people still don't know what the title is referring to???

Don't answer than if it's a spoiler.

It was a thing given out if you preordered or included in magazines before it came out so it was literally mean to explain "what's Shenmue."

derFeef

I can see why he gave it a 2/5 and not a 3/5 - my heart still bleeds though.
I wish all games would get critisized for technical issues and padding like this game did.

If it was on the bombcast

Probably about Chuck shoeing up. Or maybe that you get to Drive..? I dunno. Games far gone from the "statute of spoiler" limitations tho.

It's funny because he went into it saying he liked how it tied into the original game but then spoils how it ties into the second.

The twist involving the tattoo on the neck is way cooler, if a lot more predictable.

Top Bottom