• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Meneses

QLs haven't been as great because a lot of the games coming out aren't that compelling either.

There's still some interesting stuff there, though, and when a game presents itself to shenanigans, it will still be funny (like Madden).

Also, the video podcast has kinda made me pay less attention to it, so I think i'm gonna go back to listening. I don't really "watch it", I usually put it on and eventually go browse other pages or do something else while still listening to it.

Before, I would put it on my MP3 player or phone while at the gym or commuting and I was only focused on it, so I kinda absorbed more from it. I honestly can't remember what they said about the main topics this week.

LiK

I found I cannot watch the podcasts cuz for some reason I find myself just doing other stuff anyway. It's the same problem I have with all these other video podcast shows like from KF and IGN. I pay attention more when I'm listening only. I may go back and watch the video version if I wanna see their reactions to some really funny moments.

LiK

The only thing I really like about the video podcast is when you hear Jeff ranting and he's doing it with a smile so you know he's trying to rile up the guys and the listeners.

Judging by the demo previews, I can already tell the GB QL of The Last Guardian is going to be extremely negative.

Sounds like a Team ICO game!

I don't think I've watched a single video podcast.

They're fun.

FChVMM5.gif

PZXzVed.gif

I usually listen to the podcast when I'm free since forever so, yeah. The decision to watch it for me is easier as long as I'm free when they're live.

---

Hurry up, Dan.

CsZZrZWWcAAlce4.jpg

PSVR TACO BELL.

jambo

I've found that I enjoy listening to the podcast first and then putting the video on a day or so later and only really paying attention when I know that someone is going to get animated or get a good reaction.

Judging by the demo previews, I can already tell the GB QL of The Last Guardian is going to be extremely negative.

The preview threads are weird. Some complaints made of sticky, heavy handling are being waved away as "it's just another Team Ico game" which is weird. If platforming handles badly, shouldn't that be called out?

Strax

Quick Looks/Unfinished I've enjoyed this year:

Squad: Giant Bomb Unfinished 01/15/2016
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online: Giant Bomb Unfinished 01/13/2016
Paul Ryckert's Quick Look Extravaganza 2016 (Paul should be a part of Extra Life imo)
The Witness: Giant Bomb Quick Look
Quick Look: Gemini: Heroes Reborn
Hitman Beta: Giant Bomb Unfinished 02/11/2016
American Truck Simulator: Giant Bomb Quick Look
Devil Daggers: Quick Look
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: Quick Look
Ultimate Chicken Horse: Quick Look
Stardew Valley: Quick Look
Hitman: Quick Look
Day of the Tentacle Remastered: Quick Look
Soda Drinker Pro: Quick Look
Epistory - Typing Chronicles: Quick Look
Casey Powell Lacrosse 16: Quick Look
Hitman: Episode 2: Sapienza: Quick Look
Snooker Nation Championship: Unfinished 04/28/2016
Doom: Quick Look
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan: Quick Look
Hitman: Episode 3: Marrakesh: Quick Look (have not watched because I'm gonna play the game myself, but I'm guessing its good)
Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games: Quick Look
Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha: Unfinished 07/06/2016
Rugby Challenge 3: Quick Look
Hitman: Episode 4: Bangkok: Quick Look (have not watched because I'm gonna play the game myself, but I'm guessing its good)
F1 2016: Quick Look
Madden NFL 17: Quick Look

Curufinwe

The preview threads are weird. Some complaints made of sticky, heavy handling are being waved away as "it's just another Team Ico game" which is weird. If platforming handles badly, shouldn't that be called out?

I don't think platforming handled badly in those games. I was even able to complete Ico in under 2 hours for the trophy.

LiK

Man, it sucks they can't continue without him but whaddaya gonna do. Vinnyvania is top-tier premium content, I fucking love it.

probably okay since Vinny will play other stuff. altho who knows, maybe he'll get back into it just to make more progress altho i think the VinnyVania shows got much better as a 3-man group.

Spaghetti

probably okay since Vinny will play other stuff. altho who knows, maybe he'll get back into it just to make more progress altho i think the VinnyVania shows got much better as a 3-man group.
Yeah. Masturbating Segway knight aside.

A good two person show could be another "Ranking of [BLANK]", spin it out into a format. Ranking of Puzzle Fighters, maybe?

pizzacat

Banned
This is literally like every Sony exclusive where you climb things yet no one calls it what it is

Meguro

Banned
I liked the way SotC controlled.
But I'm strangely okay with bad control methods, evident by me playing 500 hours of MH on a PSP.

gwarm01

Has anyone else had problems listening to the podcast with Google Play Music on Android 7? For the past several weeks the podcast doesn't display the current time or total time remaining. It'll play, but always remains at 0:00, and it can't save my spot. This is only happening with the Bombcast, the Beastcast works just fine.

LiK

How do you mean?

Dan was asking if he should reveal where to go and what powers to get etc cuz he beat it before. Vinny and Alex told him not to say anything and only help when they ask or get lost cuz Vinny wanted to play it blind. Dan was antsy about it at the start of the show but quickly got used to how the Playdates go as it went on.

bjork

Listening to old episodes at work, and Dan/Jason just joined up recently. Did Dan and Drew ever get to play Toy Commander? They should do that before he splits, if they haven't yet.

Its games like Toy Commander I want on UPF.

frankly I'd be happy if UPF was pretty much any game but:

- steam shovelware they found 10 minutes before air
- ios game they found 10 minutes before air
- dota
- a game they're going to QL the following week

TraBuch

Banned
So Vinny's gonna be visiting SF for a month in February and him and Jeff are gonna secretly record a full Persona 5 ER over a two week period, right? RIGHT?!

Top Bottom