• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't tell if handibot is an actual bot or an actual person roleplaying a tutorial bot.

I don't know which one is better.

Mixlr confirmations: Powerbombcast recorded!

4WZSNq.gif

The general consensus is that Vivecraft (the unofficial Vive Minecraft) is vastly superior to the official Oculus Rift version. Vive controllers + roomscale continues to be the only VR stuff worth playing.

The most impressive thing about that paintball bit was how Jeff (and the audience) was building up a more personal relationship with the players than any other competitive video game with randoms ever.

Just started VRodeo, that first game is mediocre as hell.

That Insomniac game looks like a really solid PS2 title. Then that Conduit game looked like a good VR FPS, in terms of making the mechanics work.

But Rec Room, man. It looks like it is doing everything right.

NinjaEdit: SAVIORSELF FOR BEST MOMENT.

LiK

That Insomniac game looks like a really solid PS2 title. Then that Conduit game looked like a good VR FPS, in terms of making the mechanics work.

But Rec Room, man. It looks like it is doing everything right.

The worst thing is the music. Very generic electronic music just placed into the game randomly.

THAT ENDING... I thought everyone meant the end of the Rec Room segment (which confused me because meh), but no, NO! It was BETTER!

Rec Room is definitely the best VR game of everything Giant Bomb has shown. They put the tools out there and the players fill in the rest. I can hardly believe that it's, A) free, and B) the dev's first game--it's just so polished and smooth.

...I sort of love the idea of playing Minecraft on a television screen while sitting in a room you've built in Minecraft. Like, I wouldn't play like that, but I'd love knowing it's there.

Edit: Man, the title track in Minecraft is still the most soothing fucking thing in existence.

Edit edit: The sound of the default guns firing in Space Pirate Trainer is too good for my brain to even process. It's like they just hook a wire into the back of my head.

Top Bottom