• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Probably because it's the only thing they do with any regularity aside from the Bombcast.

Wait, that's really popular too.

It's almost as if...

eBfvAnL.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Every VRodeo I think "VR looks pretty cool" and then eventually I have the realization that they actually expect you to pay for all of this bullshit.

it's not a spoiler if it's intentionally prereleased by the developers, is it?

I don't care about spoilers for Yakuza, but absolutely. Marketing doesn't give a shit and spoils significant details all the time in TV, movie, and games PR.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Uh what?

You expect it to be free?

That's a really weird thing to realise.

If I could get every single thing they've shown in VRodeo so far for the $900 entry cost of the Vive, I'd be close to considering it. But I've never seen a VR game yet where I've thought "Yeah, I'd like to spend another $40 on this on top of the initial investment." But inevitably I realize that all of this garbage would cost money to try out for five minutes and leave forever. It's mostly a problem with the games like this first one where they want to pretend it's a real video game that anybody would buy at this price if it weren't for VR.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If I could get every single thing they've shown in VRodeo so far for the $900 entry cost of the Vive, I'd be close to considering it. But I've never seen a VR game yet where I've thought "Yeah, I'd like to spend another $40 on this on top of the initial investment." But inevitably I realize that all of this garbage would cost money to try out for five minutes and leave forever.

I mean that's unrealistic. These are individual developers who have to make their own individual investments on their VR project.

LiK

Come on, they're not even comparable. :p

That said I understand if you wanted to be 100% in the dark, but even the devs feel like it's not a spoiler.

i know, i am irritated the devs revealed that themselves. they don't even know what a big deal that is. we'll buy the damn game, don't reveal stuff.

Strax

We will all live in Rec Room in the future.

Giant Bomb #25 | I keep my Rec Room hand strong!
Giant Bomb #25 | Wanna make a movie?

Giant Bomb #25 | You would like help with gay support?

Lets face it, I'd approve of anything Jeff says to the other people in Rec Room

Holt shit, the return of handibot fucking killed me.

"Oh no, its this guy."

haha, even the kid
Giant Bomb #25 | Handibot is the most shitty person ever.

Anjin M

If the title to the next thread is titled anything but Giant Bomb #25 | My Son Is Also Named Fire Boylt, I will be surprised.

Undertale is a year old.

Remember Undertale?

All the anniversary talk today made me realize that I think it's kind of my favorite game now? Like, it's been on my mind every single damn day since playing it in October, and I can't say that for any other game I've ever played. I can only think of a few pieces of media that's true for, really.

Anjin M

Top Bottom