• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Lunar FC

Like honestly, I believe VR's greatest potential has very little to do with gaming.

Oh I can confirm this 100%.

Enjoying the FIFA 17 demo, I only get these games every three years so this feels like a nice refresh. Anybody in here planning on getting the game, I never have anybody to play online.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I can confirm this 100%.

image.php

Wow, that Rec Room demonstration is what I needed to see from VR.

Great application and Handibot was just too good. you can't write this stuff.

Antiwhippy

Nah, they should have seen it coming as soon as Oculus got bought out by Facebook.

At least some people got it through the Kickstarter.

Though the social aspect shown by rec room should be facebook's forte right?

Maybe that's the end goal.

Though being silly buggers with weird random internet people is more appealling than being in VR with your aunt.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That Insomniac game looks like a totally competent brawler that I still probably wouldn't even buy for 10€. But 50€? Seriously? Damn

Jintor

if i want to play yakuza games where should i start anyway?

I mean I won't have time because persona 5 is arriving on tues and translating/playing that is going to be... fun, but for the future. since i finally hooked up this ps3 and all.

Goddamn this Yakuza game looks wird and awesome. So I guess my best shot is getting a PS4 and Yakuza 0 in January?

That'd be easiest, yeah.

if i want to play yakuza games where should i start anyway?

I mean I won't have time because persona 5 is arriving on tues and translating/playing that is going to be... fun, but for the future. since i finally hooked up this ps3 and all.

If you just have a PS3, then 4 or 5. I prefer 5, but it kind of leads off from 4 so maybe that's a better place to start. Just don't start with 3 because it's super boring. And if you have PS+, then you probably have 4 and 5 already.

Antiwhippy

Is anyone else really bothered by the voiceacting in the insomniac game?

Sounds like a reading done by a high school theatre group.

Doop

Rec Room looks great, and Handibot was hilarious. But jesus christ those "triggered" jokes just get even worse when you hear a dude say it out loud.

Tubobutts

I don't get why Dan and Brad are against the idea of third person VR games. I think you could do weird stuff like insanity effects or do the dumb thing where it's revealed that they weren't talking to your character but to you.

Really I just think VR should be used to mess with the person playing.

Jintor

there's something profoundingly existential about having to pretend to be an npc

probably something similar to theme park cast members but one level of reality removed

oti

Banned
This Insomniac VR games screams "we don't know what works but here's a game give us $50 plz".

Funny how now all hopes are on Sony to make VR actually cool.

Except for that VR chat room of course. That's amazing.

Top Bottom