• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Jintor

Are loafers popular in Japan? All that taking shoes off and putting them on, I think I'd want a shoe I could slide on and off.

crocs are the fucking hugest thing out in the countryside i swear to god

One of the weirdest things about the japanese sense of formality is that, for schools for instance, you have your big assemblies in the school gym which doubles as the hall, so they don't want to damage the floors or whatever so you have special indoor gym shoes (as opposed to the other special indoor shoes you have for the school in general, which is its own bunch of horseshit because you need to have two pairs of shoes for school, personally I never bothered). Anyway, you'll have these really formal occasions like a closing ceremony, parents come, everyone's in suits and nice dresses or whatever and you look down and half the teachers are wearing these fucking plastic crocs.

Rec Room for Best moment or sequence of 2016.

JointWhiteAphid.gif

If you told me 8 years ago that'd I'd be watching Jeff pretend to be an employee at a virtual YMCA I'd have called you crazy. It truly is the best time to be playing video games.

Strax

This FMV game has some legit actors. Tony Award nominated and stuff like that.
And from the producers of Black Mass, wtf is going on.

oti

Banned
WAIT

I know this dude in that FMV game.

He's on This American Life.

Or maybe he's just in the Hobbit? I don't know.

One of the developers posted a comment on the QL.

Hi everyone, one of the developers here. I just wanted to thank you all for checking out The Bunker and to let you know the price is a little cheaper than what was mentioned. You can pick it up next week for $19.99 with an additional 20% off on launch for PS4 and Xbox One.

That's nice. I think I'm going to jump in.

I wonder if they'll play more Rec Room on UPF? I'll have my Vive ready in case they do, might be able to get into the same instance. There's some stupid shit in there that I can make sure they see.

Oh shit, the West guys are going to dive into some P5 ? Unprofessional Fridays?

It is possible, Alexa over at GS got the game.

I wonder if they'll play more Rec Room on UPF? I'll have my Vive ready in case they do, might be able to get into the same instance. There's some stupid shit in there that I can make sure they see.

I hope so, I need to see more of that fantastic dumb shit as a guy who hasn't invested in a VR headset yet.

Strax

Maybe The Bunker becomes more of a game later on but so far it just feels like a well made low-budget debut feature film from a unknown director.

strafer

did he eat while on the can?

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

Maiorum

VinnyVania in little under 3hours!

(Would have preferred a Playdate, tbh)

Wonder if they'll do the elusive target next week.

As much as I'm enjoying the Shenmue ER, it's not scratching the itch that Life is Strange or Contradiction or Until Dawn did. I hope GBeast does another full-game playthrough this year.

LiK

As much as I'm enjoying the Shenmue ER, it's not scratching the itch that Life is Strange or Contradiction or Until Dawn did. I hope GBeast does another full-game playthrough this year.
since Dan won't be back for a while, they need to grab Jeff Bakalar for one.

kai3345

Banned

I think the fact that those games had interesting (even if not necessarily good) stories full of twists and turns really helped. So far, from what I've seen, Shenmue just seems kind of...boring

I think the fact that those games had interesting (even if not necessarily good) stories full of twists and turns really helped. So far, from what I've seen, Shenmue just seems kind of...boring

Totally. I'm enjoying it because Vinny-Dan is a hilarious pairing (I love Alex too). The other playthroughs had interesting games in addition to GBeast.

The craziest things about Rec Room is that it's free and as Brad said, they formed their studio when the Vive launched. They made that beautiful thing in just a few months. Really excited to see where it ends up.

Top Bottom