• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

kai3345

Banned
I've played the Paris map in Hitman probably 15 times and I'm STILL finding new things about this level.

Found this sniper perch that I'd never noticed before and used it to take out this week's elusive target:

0RofPf3.jpg

This game is so good. Definitely going to be Top 3 on my GOTY list for sure.

KingKong

I've played the Paris map in Hitman probably 15 times and I'm STILL finding new things about this level.

This game is so good. Definitely going to be Top 3 on my GOTY list for sure.

it's my GOTY for sure. getting to level 20 mastery made me discover so many things about the maps. Even Marrakesh has a lot of depth to it you don't really see at first

I'd say from watching all of Giant Bombs Hitman videos people have seen at most half of what you can do

In the race between Miis, Avatars, and Sackpeople, they all got into a huge fiery crash at the first bend. The nightmarish Home people broke down before taking off.

Rec Room is next level expressive character avatars in games.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm taking a break from Hitman right now, haven't played the latest map yet. Still, I played 47 hours so far according to Steam.
Definitely among my Top 10 this year.

In the race between Miis, Avatars, and Sackpeople, they all got into a huge fiery crash at the first bend. The nightmarish Home people broke down before taking off.

Rec Room is next level expressive character avatars in games.

Not to imply your overall point is wrong or anything (srsly, Rec Room has a fantastic style to it), but I kinda like Miis. It's probably just more for what they've been used in (the Tomo series, Streetpass games, Wii Sports etc), but I always thought they were pretty expressive.

Plus it always cracks me up how off-base the photo-to-Mii creator ends up being.

Hitman is the best episodic game, in the sense that it uses its episodic release strategy the best. It's remarkable how they've kept me engaged with it to where I've been playing it regularly for six months.

Not to imply your overall point is wrong or anything (srsly, Rec Room has a fantastic style to it), but I kinda like Miis. It's probably just more for what they've been used in (the Tomo series, Streetpass games, Wii Sports etc), but I always thought they were pretty expressive.

Plus it always cracks me up how off-base the photo-to-Mii creator ends up being.

Hyperbole aside, I don't hate Miis on their own or games that exclusively use them. I don't like how they make their way into various Nintendo games.

Salarians

If we're talking about little caricatures meant to represent their maker, I think 360 avatars were the best. I've never made a mii that looked quite right.

Hyperbole aside, I don't hate Miis on their own or games that exclusively use them. I don't like how they make their way into various Nintendo games.

I thought they were cute as the dashboard bobblehead in Metroid Prime 3! But yeah, sure, universal-use avatars maybe aren't the best idea.

oti

Banned
Nuh, MNR was alright. The tracks looked cool but the character aesthetic was bad. I just totally forgot about it once Sonic Racer came out. As far as Mario Kart clones go that was superb.

51TGElR%2B48L.jpg

Sackboy is cute.

Tangentially related to Modnation, did MASSIVE ACTION GAME ever have a following? All I remember was the excitement for Zipper's SOCOM follow up.

repeater

ModNation Racers was cool. Those load times though.. Woof. The ReCore of its generation: Thankfully you got to listen to some dope ass music while waiting.

Harpuia

I need my Shenmue fix

I've been pulling some Brad strats and storing 2 episodes back in my cheek pouches. That way when I have time to binge on Shenmue, there's at least 2-3 episodes I can check out.

Speaking of content, how are the last two UPF's? I would imagine that with Dan back on, they're a little livelier. Usually with their stuff, the more the merrier. When they don't have enough people, it's severely felt.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"Please flip diskette"
Was "diskette" really a word used in English back then?

I love how Jeff is the #1 stream on beam with some C64 games, though.

a non-horrible livestreaming player with great quality. never thought i'd see the day.
Wait until it gets popular enough and becomes garbage again.

Top Bottom