• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Finally got round to the PAX Panel.

Pretty disappointing, considering those are often been some of the funniest content on the site.

Gave the Cards section a shot, too much audience interaction for my liking so skipped that. The 404ing part was fun but shame it didn't get much time.

The GB part, aside from the intro wasn't up to much, I do hope they go solo again in the future cause I think the limited time didn't help.

Suplexer

Yeah, people can harp about how Paladin came out first or whatever

but my dude, some of these ANIMATIONS are straight up ripped from Overwatch. It's shameless.

I've never played Overwatch (or Paladin), and in that Dunkey video, I literally can't tell when he is showing Overwatch and when he is showing Paladin.

I wonder if the East crew is going to go into work tomorrow. The bomb or whatever it was blew up only 5 blocks south from heir office, and they found another suspicious device only a block over from their office. Stay safe fellow NYC'ers

justjim89

I'm watching Vinny's Bionic Commando stream and this game looks really fun. Never played it before. Which version on Steam is the one to get?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm watching Vinny's Bionic Commando stream and this game looks really fun. Never played it before. Which version on Steam is the one to get?

Rearmed. It's an (amazing) remake of the game Vinny played. Bionic Commando 2009 is a 3D reboot. It's okay.

There's a Rearmed 2 on PS360 and it's just a worse version of Rearmed.

Strax

ahh I can't stand the box office threads. As much as we sometimes think we know what GB should do it doesn't even come close to the self-proclaimed marketing experts in there.

My god how being with out a job makes me look at almost every thread.

*sigh*

Gonna watch Demo Derby and chill.

Harpuia

Finally got round to the PAX Panel.

Pretty disappointing, considering those are often been some of the funniest content on the site.

Gave the Cards section a shot, too much audience interaction for my liking so skipped that. The 404ing part was fun but shame it didn't get much time.

The GB part, aside from the intro wasn't up to much, I do hope they go solo again in the future cause I think the limited time didn't help.

The most disconcerting part about the PAX panel was it's length. I wasn't too bothered by them sharing the stage with CAH and 404'in it. But the length of the panel was short, they didn't talk about too much about what they saw at PAX, which is 80% of the reason these panels are always interesting.

I can understand why they took on the shared slot with CAH and 404'in it, but it ended up feeling crammed and super short as a result.

faridmon

So I just subscribed for a year.

However, it says that it will keep renewing automatically once the end date is reached.

Is there a way to cancel that? I want to renew when I want to not automatically.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just subscribed for a year.

However, it says that it will keep renewing automatically once the end date is reached.

Is there a way to cancel that? I want to renew when I want to not automatically.

Just go on the billing page and cancel your sub. It will run through until the end date but won't renew.

oti

Banned
oti xero, resident nintendo fanboy

derailed that thread like a failed multi-track drift

I'm here to please.

I stand by my LBP comment though. I have no idea what happened that year and why so many people like it that much. It's a fascinating but bad game. It's No Man's Sky as a platformer. (that's a good title for a thread lol.)

Giganteus

I'm here to please.

I stand by my LBP comment though. I have no idea what happened that year and why so many people like it that much. It's a fascinating but bad game. It's No Man's Sky as a platformer. (that's a good title for a thread lol.)
More like Little Big Lie.

oti

Banned
I hate Media Molecule. All of their "charm" comes off as a bullshit affectation rather than something genuine, and that pisses me off.

But they are charming games. Sackboy is super charming and Tearaway is Charming: The Video Game. The problem is that the gameplay is not where it needs to be to back up that charme with a good game underneath. It's nice to look at but it's not fun to play. LBP has great music and graphics but the level editor isn't fun at all and bad physics = bad platformer. Tearaway is charming and whimsy but the game itself is just bland.

I don't hate their games, it's just sad how... nothing they are if you look past the charme.

But they are charming games. Sackboy is super charming and Tearaway is Charming: The Video Game. The problem is that the gameplay is not where it needs to be to back up that charme with a good game underneath. It's nice to look at but it's not fun to play. LBP has great music and graphics but the level editor isn't fun at all and bad physics = bad platformer. Tearaway is charming and whimsy but the game itself is just bland.

I don't hate their games, it's just sad how... nothing they are if you look past the charme.

Well, now they're giving us the tools to make games, so that's good. Dreams is looking super fun.

Edit: And let's not act that they're shitty developers. Their games have gained pretty good scores.

lbpy3ugx.png

tearu0uud.png

f0rk

You know, I bet Rec Room would be way worse if it was accessible for everyone rather than just people who shell out for a £750 bit of hardware

oti

Banned
Well, now they're giving us the tools to make games, so that's good. Dreams is looking super fun.

Edit: And let's not act that they're shitty developers. Their games have gained pretty good scores.

I have no idea what Dreams is and that's why I love it.

Absolutely correct.

Ah yes, the game which... You draw things? Have they actually shown off gameplay at some point?

oti

Banned
Again, no idea why the games are scored that high. The level editor back then was cool (and still is) but the game itself, nuh. You can't tell me a platformer with terrible physics is anything other than a bad platformer.

Meguro

Banned
I don't like LBP but the above is correct.
Also I think saying Media Molecule is not genuine is the dumbest thing I've read in this thread so far.

kiguel182

You know, I bet Rec Room would be way worse if it was accessible for everyone rather than just people who shell out for a £750 bit of hardware

Rec Room available for more people is just life. The game is literally just the same as being stuck in a room with some strangers with some toys.

Right now the people playing the game are pretty much all the same demographic so it works out.

I get why people like Rec Room but the reason isn't because it's a good game but because messing around with people is fun, especially if they are like minded ones.

Red Room is a great example of why Facebook got into VR. It's just funny how some people in 6 months constructed this while Oculus should have something like it from the start.

Sackboy is legitimately gross looking. I hate it and hate all the sack people. They're awful nightmare goblins that should have been cleansed with flames long ago

oi we need a mascot for the game

bloody ell we do

ow's about a foetus made outta trash, with a giant toothless mouth and tiny dead black eyes, like an old shark that cruises the eternal silent blackness of the deep

brilliant that is, let's make it up right then, combining the liveliness of a funko pop with the terror of a rotten muppet

kvothe

Catching up on some content and I've had two Dan revelations:

He doesn't know what a skirt is.

He has a poor ear for recognizing Mario songs.

Edit:

Sackboy is great and anyone that thinks otherwise is too cynical.

imBask

Banned
Sackboy is alright, he could be a little cuter though. Little Big Planet could be so much more if the gameplay was good

Top Bottom