• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I started Arkham Knight yesterday on PC, and it seems kinda good? It runs great so far, and I'd gone long enough between Batman games that it seems fresh again. I can definitely tell the batmobile stuff is going to get tedious though. Not sure if I'll end up finishing it, but it totally seems worth the $10 I paid for it.

I thought Arkham Knight was a solid Batman jaunt.

I played it on PS4 so no problems. It ran great and looked great, one of the first games that felt like it belonged on PS4 and not last gen.

The Batmobile didn't annoy me too much, even the boss fights everyone complains about.

Nothing is going to beat Arkham Asylum's showcase of Batman's enemies but I ate my through it in a weekend.

Curufinwe

I played it on PS4 so no problems. It ran great and looked great, one of the first games that felt like it belonged on PS4 and not last gen.

The Batmobile didn't annoy me too much, even the boss fights everyone complains about.

Nothing is going to beat Arkham Asylum's showcase of Batman's enemies but I ate my through it in a weekend.

I just bought the season pass for $12 in the Sony sale. Once I finish Deus Ex I will dive back into Batman.

I was genuinly impressed watching that Bunker QL! That game seems very well produced and knows exactly what it is

In regards to the batman discussion above, hell yea, that game was pretty good! I hadn't played one of them since Arkham Asylum so maybe I wasn't burned out on the formula yet, but there was a ton of variety, it looks fantastic, and the combat was just as fun as ever

Maiorum

I liked AK a lot. If they had removed the tank sections and replaced them with more predator rooms, I think it would be quite high on my list of favorite games of 2016. I enjoyed barreling down streets like a fucking tank with nitro, but as soon as you ran into one of the many tank sections, it felt like the momentum came to a screeching halt.

literally

And that tank stealth section, ugh.

Ketch

I was genuinly impressed watching that Bunker QL! That game seems very well produced and knows exactly what it is

In regards to the batman discussion above, hell yea, that game was pretty good! I hadn't played one of them since Arkham Asylum so maybe I wasn't burned out on the formula yet, but there was a ton of variety, it looks fantastic, and the combat was just as fun as ever

I wonder if it's on iOS.

They should not release Power Bombcast on my day off if work. Because I won't listen until tomorrow and everything they predict will be refuted by RAW tonight.

Evidence that Dan is a time traveler. Or at the very least a prophet/far seer.

60PYXcF.png

I can't be the only one who thinks the bunker looks super corny?

For an FMV game, it looks ridiculous. I'm going to get it just to see it through all the way.

I love it. They spent too much time in some of these games for a while now.

I love QLs as well. It's mostly because I get to hear a more detailed impression/opinion from the duder who played said game.

I like the world more than Arkham City more so far. I assume there are Robin sections at some point, what about other characters?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I like the world more than Arkham City more so far. I assume there are Robin sections at some point, what about other characters?

I played the opening section and REALLY did not like it. The first missions was just getting the batmobile to every damn section and the game basically treated the stealth/predator sections as jokes with addition of that Fear Multi-takedown. The combat is still pretty great thankfully, but using the batmobile has just be a drag so far. I might just stop playing it and go re-play Arkham City or Asylum again.

Yeah there's a few Catwoman sections too.
Ah, ok. Those weren't great in City.
I played the opening section and REALLY did not like it. The first missions was just getting the batmobile to every damn section and the game basically treated the stealth/predator sections as jokes with addition of that Fear Multi-takedown. The combat is still pretty great thankfully, but using the batmobile has just be a drag so far. I might just stop playing it and go re-play Arkham City or Asylum again.
I'm still undecided on the Fear Takedown stuff. I kind of like the overpowered nature of it, reminds me of Ass Creed Brotherhood where they were just like "Yeah you can just fuck everyone up now."

Ah, ok. Those weren't great in City.

I'm still undecided on the Fear Takedown stuff. I kind of like the overpowered nature of it, reminds me of Ass Creed Brotherhood where they were just like "Yeah you can just fuck everyone up now."

All I remember is to upgrade every aspect of the disruptor gun. Rocksteady literally made it the swiss army knife of the game, even moreso than the previous games. Fully upgraded, it can counter every enemy mechanic they throw at you, to the point that it almost felt cheap to use it.

All I remember is to upgrade every aspect of the disruptor gun. Rocksteady literally made it the swiss army knife of the game, even moreso than the previous games. Fully upgraded, it can counter every enemy mechanic they throw at you, to the point that it almost felt cheap to use it.

Good tip, I think I'll do that. I just don't have the time or patience these days to build up my Batman combat skills again.

Salarians

I want an SMTIVA QL where Vinny and Alex are just sitting at the desk, with Vinny describing the game and what he's doing, occasionally turning the 3DS to the camera so we can see.

Top Bottom