• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I really like the changes the site seems to be heading towards.

I'm not sure if it's just my perception changing but I have noticed a general improvement over the past few weeks.

I thought it was worth saying since I was one of the ones posting (hopefully constructive, but probably not always) criticism in August.

Zaph

Same, I was vocal about it too, so it's nice to see more Premium content, definitely think they're listening to feedback (on here and the site), but it's just a shame that most of it was at-home content.

I don't want them thinking "shit, subscribers aren't happy, better sacrifice my personal time". I'd hope there's enough hours in the workday to do whatever GB/CBSi shit they need to do and make Premium content.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm not sure if it's just my perception changing but I have noticed a general improvement over the past few weeks.

I thought it was worth saying since I was one of the ones posting (hopefully constructive, but probably not always) criticism in August.

My cynicism has me worried that they're making more of an effort to put more stuff out with there being (presumably) a chunk of new premium members to appease. Then sliding back into old habits after a few weeks/months.

prove me wrong plsss

So I finally got a premium sub on the site and am watching the game tapes stuff. Outside of the Mario Party vids, anything else I should try and watch or any recommendations on where to start with premium vids?

Load our Last Souls and Breaking Brad Demon Souls if you like Souls games. Metal Gear Scanlon is pretty good. Random PC Games, Bioforge. The Breaking Brads.

LiK

holy shit, i must've used the guide for the key search cuz i do not remember the search bring this tedious. But I did enjoy exploring the area back in the day so who knows.

I really like the changes the site seems to be heading towards.

First they put out a survey to get user feedback.

Now both Jeff and Vinny have mentioned doing Monday streams from home.

I am really excited to start getting more live content.

It's truly a New Era.

Same, I was vocal about it too, so it's nice to see more Premium content, definitely think they're listening to feedback (on here and the site), but it's just a shame that most of it was at-home content.

I don't want them thinking "shit, subscribers aren't happy, better sacrifice my personal time". I'd hope there's enough hours in the workday to do whatever GB/CBSi shit they need to do and make Premium content.

The issue for me isn't that they weren't doing enough shows in general, but that we can't really count on any premium (and in some cases like TOGS and RoF, non-premium) feature that isn't on a Friday showing up with any sense of regularity.

holy shit, i must've used the guide for the key search cuz i do not remember the search bring this tedious. But I did enjoy exploring the area back in the day so who knows.

I think I probably just found the key going around the house. I think I spent a lot of time before even leaving the house just looking at shit.

It all seemed novel at the time.

Whoever said "there's not a right or wrong way to play Shenmue" is correct. People trying to say there is have probably just spent too long obsessing over it.

Lijik

Im not even going to bother to look at the er thread today. Quick glance at the gb comments already have people complaining vinny just wasnt pressing A when it looks like he made an attempt with most objects.

Im not even going to bother to look at the er thread today. Quick glance at the gb comments already have people complaining vinny just wasnt pressing A when it looks like he made an attempt with most objects.

The funny thing for me was that the criticism in the first few eps was "spend ages looking round the house, it's really fun" and then when they do "oh my god I can't believe you looked round the house for so long".

Zafir

If you know where all the shit is in shenmue, can you just speed run the game in like 20 minutes?

Nah, because as you saw in the ER, you have to wait for some bits.

Disk 3 is a bit tedious for it too. You have to do at least 5 or so days of forklift driving because you can only get one event per day.

I've seen puri_puri do speedruns of the first game and his best is just under 8 hours from what I remember. That's even with skipping the entirety of the first disk due to an out of bounds exploit.

In fact he actually often speedruns Shenmue 2 at the same time because there's just so much downtime, in comparison he can get through Shenmue 2 in just under 2 hours due to various skips.

Not the best game to speedrun.

justjim89

Good Powerbombcast. Probably made the right call in getting the good out of the way first and that being the first half of the podcast. Jeff going in on how shitty Lesnar is and how WWE and 2K should've done something is great, especially with Dan on his side about it. I'll agree with the sentiment that there's been too much wrestling lately and at times it can be a bit much to handle, but in my mind too much wrestling is like too much pizza or too much sex: a good problem to have.

Good Powerbombcast. Probably made the right call in getting the good out of the way first and that being the first half of the podcast. Jeff going in on how shitty Lesnar is and how WWE and 2K should've done something is great, especially with Dan on his side about it. I'll agree with the sentiment that there's been too much wrestling lately and at times it can be a bit much to handle, but in my mind too much wrestling is like too much pizza or too much sex: a good problem to have.

YfMZSDB.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Re: powerbombcast

They do this thing like 4 times a year and really can't figure out a way to merge 2 audio tracks so the guy hosting it doesn't sound like shit the entire time? Is it really that hard?

Johndoey

Banned
The good ship Handibot has run aground.
-
Wasn't Fig having some issue with it's investment program? The company not the fruit mind you.

Top Bottom