• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

tumblr_mxmn7trwRO1qeuiqyo2_400.gif

Hindl

Well.. In part because of Dan, I've been listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd all week.

I knew about Free Bird and Sweet Home Alabama obviously but now I'm discovering more of their material....

Holy shit, I think Simple Man just sky rocketed straight to my Top 10 overall... Incredible song.

Was always a fan of Ballad of Curtis Loew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03TgkCVDlrA

Also just got into Stardew Valley, that's a great game that I thought I'd have no interest in

Never bothered to actually check what the most viewed GB videos are on youtube.

The top 5 is.

1: With 1,541,333 views. Skyrim: All Daedra Quest Locations
2: With 874,050 views. Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog - Gameplay
3 with 680,418 views. Gangbeasts Unfinished.
4 with 548,408 views. Sleeping Dogs Quick Look
5 with 538,271 views. Just Cause 3 Quick Look EX

Other notabless are the Postal III Quick Look has 475,401 views and the Roller coaster video has 402,109 views.

I want to hand this information to a marketing person and see how they come back with "so how about you run ads about mail order rental tuxedos"

Giant Bomb is a weird website.

Mr. F

Banned
I think I would stop following Danny if he went to Polygon.

If anything video people need to be pulled out from polygon and moved on to better things. Monster factory carries their online presence pretty singlehandedly (I know quite a few people who watch the series and have no clue what polygon proper even is).

Then GB is on its 6th pacemaker since it doesn't want to work

If this was two years ago you'd have gotten Rudds'd so bad. dang

FStop7

Banned
Why are there "Vampire Magician" objectives for the Paris level in Hitman?

What the are the Sarajevo Six assassination missions?

Metroid Prime Federation Force looks awful...

you know, if Nintendo wanted to "protect their IP" like the people defending the AM2R takedown say they are, they would've shitcanned Federation Force too

that game will do more damage than any fangame ever will

What if it's Kotaku? Danny did say he and his wife wanted to relocate to the east coast and Kotaku is an NYC based company. Perhaps, with Univision acquiring the former Gawker sites, the various websites have been given support to expand? Just a (probably way off base) guess.

"All I can say is that you won't believe where I'm going next."

LiK

you know, if Nintendo wanted to "protect their IP" like the people defending the AM2R takedown say they are, they would've shitcanned Federation Force too

that game will do more damage than any fangame ever will

yea, i think it already did considering it bombed hard in Japan. they are so dumb. why make this shit and not a full blown sequel in OG 2D style. guess they don't want money from the fans.

Largo

So....guys, I have an admission to make. I actually enjoy the PAX wrestling bits. Losing Dr. Tracksuit was a bitter pill, and Paxmania was underwhelming despite Grey Miller getting his chest caved in and John Drake's money gun, but for me it's been more good than bad.

It sounds like they've actually done some prep for this particular installment, and I get to see the return of the 2nd best PAX wrestling character, the Ghost of Cohen Edenfield

Plus whatever the hell Fobwashed is doing.

just sad next level games is holding the ball for this one

luigi mansion 2 was solid

Makes me wonder how it all went down. Story that went around with Luigi's Mansion 2 is they were pitching a 2D Metroid, with concept art looking like a Guacamelee styled Samus. Before they could, they were tasked with making Luigi's Mansion 2. Now with Federation Force, was this related to their initial pitch or did Nintendo ask them to make a co-op Metroid game without Samus.

Do people like saying negative stuff to hear from the duders more often?

I kid I kid, I know you guys love fooling around.

So....guys, I have an admission to make. I actually enjoy the PAX wrestling bits. Losing Dr. Tracksuit was a bitter pill, and Paxmania was underwhelming despite Grey Miller getting his chest caved in and John Drake's money gun, but for me it's been more good than bad.

It sounds like they've actually done some prep for this particular installment, and I get to see the return of the 2nd best PAX wrestling character, the Ghost of Cohen Edenfield

Plus whatever the hell Fobwashed is doing.

I enjoy it just to see the GB duders but that's about it for me. I'm not into wrestling and I'm not going to pretend that I am. However, GB is also the only source from where I get all my wrestling updates. I'm not going to say no to that as I like to see/learn more about that world so I get a better understanding of it even if it's not my thing. it's more like industry friends getting together in one spot every year than anything else.

It will always be better suited if you're there and also if you familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of it. Nobody wins in the end.

Strax

Never bothered to actually check what the most viewed GB videos are on youtube.

The top 5 is.

1: With 1,541,333 views. Skyrim: All Daedra Quest Locations
2: With 874,050 views. Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog - Gameplay
3 with 680,418 views. Gangbeasts Unfinished.
4 with 548,408 views. Sleeping Dogs Quick Look
5 with 538,271 views. Just Cause 3 Quick Look EX

Other notabless are the Postal III Quick Look has 475,401 views and the Roller coaster video has 402,109 views.

I want to hand this information to a marketing person and see how they come back with "so how about you run ads about mail order rental tuxedos"

Giant Bomb is a weird website.

Whats most viewed on their youtube is so strange to me. Trine 2 with almost 300,000 and Crusader Kings II with almost 250,000

Top Bottom