• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Lol wait is that actually him? He's never come off as a fan of fighting games in the episodes I've listened to, though I do seem to remember him mentioning cvs2 before.
Nah, it's not him.

CrZaXkEUEAAZ7St.jpg

Giddy Brad best Brad.
The ceiling makes this look like two images stitched together

oti

Banned
Operation Get Knack on #1 START!

*clicks Knack QL*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*

Operation Get Knack on #1 START!

*clicks Knack QL*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*
*refresh*

7jUzn1K.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You actually have to watch a certain amount for it to count. So have fun with your personal Knack endurance run.

kiguel182

Just found out they have a live reactions to the Xbox One reveal. Guess it's what I'm watching this fine morning.

Alt ought it's really sad that Ryan died one month after this. He never saw any of this release.

EDIT: Also, did they not talk over E3 conferences? Bummer.

Lunar FC

Just found out they have a live reactions to the Xbox One reveal. Guess it's what I'm watching this fine morning.

Alt ought it's really sad that Ryan died one month after this. He never saw any of this release.

EDIT: Also, did they not talk over E3 conferences? Bummer.

The night shows were pretty good doe.

But I think I may rewatch that reveal too.
just got home, 4 in the am faded lookin like the guy in my avatar.

Tubobutts

I don't know. A fog machine would make it easier to steal chairs and give you a good excuse for "accidentally" hitting people with footballs.

BanGy.nz

Banned
This is the first time I'm happy for the PAX drought, I'm so far behind in giant bomb dot com #content that I'm pretty sure I'll never catch up.

repeater

The game looks so boring.

Why can't Nintendo just make another side scrolling Metroid instead of shit like this? Doubt it would cost more.
Good 2D art is surprisingly expensive. So if they did it it would probably be a shitty sterile plastic looking New Metroid thing.

WAH-WAH!

justjim89

Yeah, I've come to the realization in the past year that I don't actually like Metroidvanias. My favorite Metroid is Fusion, which is pretty damn linear.

demidar

I, on the other hand, really love Metroidvanias. I really enjoyed Momodora 3, though it's actually closer to a straight Metroid without the Vania.

2D platformers I don't think I've played any recently, but I love Super Meat Boy (when it wasn't glitching out).

Meguro

Banned
I also love Metroidvanias or just Metroid-style games.
Though I thought I didn't since I started with Super Metroid and have only in recent years realised that I think Super Metroid isn't that great of a game.

Jintor

i like certain metroidvanias and stuff fine but I think as default i'm not as enamoured with the genre as I once was. I actually really like Metroid 1, 2 and Super (and Fusion) actually, and I liked the one Castlevania I played. But the plethora of metroidvania games have really sapped me of any inherent love for the genre I had.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I hope they check out The Turing Test. That game looks kinda interesting but I'm not quite sure what it is (besides a puzzle game)

Also Federation Force looks like a game nobody wanted to make but somehow they made it anyway.

Yeah, I've come to the realization in the past year that I don't actually like Metroidvanias. My favorite Metroid is Fusion, which is pretty damn linear.

If Fusion is your favourite Metroid you REALLY don't like Metroidvanias.

justjim89

If Fusion is your favourite Metroid you REALLY don't like Metroidvanias.

All the exploration and backtracking back and forth and needing specific items to do specific things just ends up feeling tedious to me. Every time I try to play Super Metroid I just get bored and frustrated. Or look up a guide.

Strax

The fact you can't skip the credits in TellTale Games in between eps when you buy the whole set is so dumb and even dumber when they put pets in the credits.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
nothing wrong with chatty computers

Not if I don't care a bit about the story (and in a Metroid game I don't).
Nintendo always had the problem over overly talkative characters. Man, I started to hate everybody in Mario&Luigi Dream Team and those actually had funny things to say sometimes. And don't even get me started on Skyward Sword.

Top Bottom