• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

dragon grandpa

LRMFn5K.png

Out of all the things in the Shenmue ER, the part where Ryo looks at a bank statement and his money counter shoots up as he groans that he still doesn't have enough money for a plane ticket, and three grown adults shouted in confusion as what just happened and why did his money change and whether it went up or down and what the paper thing he was looking at was, is the part that had me in disbelief.

demidar

Out of all the things in the Shenmue ER, the part where Ryo looks at a bank statement and his money counter shoots up as he groans that he still doesn't have enough money for a plane ticket, and three grown adults shouted in confusion as what just happened and why did his money change and whether it went up or down and what the paper thing he was looking at was, is the part that had me in disbelief.

But where did the money come from?

You're right, I often open drawers and quadruple my bank balance.

Ryo is supposed to be an unlikable asshole right?

I mean, he plans on ditching his grieving family right before their first Christmas without Daddy so he can go on a revenge-murder hunt, right after being told that Lan Di will open a hell portal if he gets both mirrors so the best thing he could do is sit tight at home rather than literally flying the mirror right to Lan Di.

Like I said in the ER thread, he's the Aiden Pearce of his generation.

I think the second SOTN vinnyvania was better because no Dan.

Nothing against Dan, but he actually knows the game so he adds some level of competency to it vs vinny just stumbling around

I was just as confused as they were, no clue what happened there. I assume from reading this thread Fuku-san gave Ryo all his money?

Johndoey

Banned
I get the same feeling from Shenmue I get from Alpha Protocol like man there's cool stuff here but as a cohesive product it seems bad.

I get the same feeling from Shenmue I get from Alpha Protocol like man there's cool stuff here but as a cohesive product it seems bad.

Been slowly working my way back through the Deadly Premonition ER. Now there is another deeply flawed game. That still has way more redeeming and interesting elements to it than Shenmue.

Suppose that's not really a fair comparison given that it came a decade later though.

I mean, he plans on ditching his grieving family right before their first Christmas without Daddy so he can go on a revenge-murder hunt, right after being told that Lan Di will open a hell portal if he gets both mirrors so the best thing he could do is sit tight at home rather than literally flying the mirror right to Lan Di.

Like I said in the ER thread, he's the Aiden Pearce of his generation.

To be fair I'm pretty sure neither of those two are actually his family.

Top Bottom