• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Maiorum

It's one of the games this year I kept saying "I'll definitely get to that!" and now I'm running out of year. Why the hell am I playing Arkham Knight?

XCOM 2 is really good! A patch that came out a few weeks after release fixed performance issues for me. Couldn't disagree more with Jeff's and Dan's assessments.

Jintor

xcom 2 is great. Can't wait for the dlc to go on sale so I can dive in again at some point, maybe do another LP I abandon halfway through

robotrock

Banned
The sound effects in this game make me really uncomfortable. Or maybe that's just the noise of the controller stick flicking/button mashing

I think the story/setting of Mafia III looks interesting but ugh the gameplay just looks like another decent but not overly mpressive take on that open-world crime genre that I've played a million times before, no desire whatsoever to play it. Meanwhile every bit of story/dialogue in Watch Dogs 2 sounds terrible but it looks like there's some potentially neat and fun elements to the gameplay. Like Jeff said I hope it doesn't turn into a situation where the shooting just ends up way more efficient and easier than any other route.

Watching the free fall on Gears 4 keys has been insane. My friend was posting about how they were 30 earlier, then he bought it for 18, and now they're 10.

At this point i'll just wait til someone pays ME.

Z06MZfS.png

U̘̮̱͚͕̞̭̣̩̠̲̲͉ͧ̊̆̅ͫ͋͐͠͠N̢̢̙̝̤͈͕̠̺͔̬̯̞͈̯̰̩͎͖̺ͫ̐̈ͬ̌̄ͣ̿ͪ͒͂̀͝P̡͕͍͚̙͎͖͔̮̥͕̐̊̆ͤͬ̌̀̎̕͜͡R̰͉͖̫͈̼̯̖̼̬̭̺̠̪͈̟̭ͬ͑ͪ͌̅ͩ̓͆͒̀͢O̡̰̺̯͉̦̱ͭ̈͊̐̐̍ͩ̈́ͬͩ̚͢F͛ͥ̇̆̑̋̊̈́͑̋̈̈́̌ͮ̽͢҉̥̤̜̠̺̤͍͓̣͎͚̝͎͕͠Ẹ̷̷̡̼͎͙͎̫̑ͤ͊̏͂̿ͬ̿͛̒ͫͮͧ̐ͨ̄̀͊̚S̙̘̹̪͇̰̦͙̙̥̾͂͐̂ͦ́͠ͅS̊̇ͤ̓ͨͤ̇ͣ̾̍͛́̚͏̨̡͙̝̖̜͉̦͔͢Iͩ̔̎ͫͧ͛͊ͫ̃̿͐̀ͣ͒ͣͪ̇͗͠͡͏̠̝̘̣̗̪̱͖Ǒ̴̢̯̮̙͚̻̆̈́̋̂̒͑ͮ͜͜ͅN̷̢̳͕͈̹͚̰̒ͧͪ̍̋ͨ́͌͊̂͌Ḁ̡̧̰͙̖̭͈̰̙͓̗̗̑̾ͦͪͬ̎͒ͣ̈́ͯ͑̌͝L̵̳͎̳̖͈̞̭̬̥ͮ̉̐̌͜͠ͅ ͆ͣ̌̉̿̃̇͊͏̶͔͓̭͉͉͖̻Fͣ̊̓̑́̽̃̓̈ͤ̈͂̉ͭ̏̄̓ͪ̀͢͡͏̶̝̞̯̯͎̖͈̖̳̭̰R̶̢̳̳̫̣̻̱̝̯̪̜̰͈̥̩̦̘̪̬͚ͨ͛̌̓͒́̋̒̈̇ͨ̚͢I̵͇͖̱͖͊̉ͦ̔̈́͒̓ͥ̃̚͝D̄͆͐̎̎̾͂ͤ҉̷̝̯̘͈̰̣͖͕ͅA̖̞̗͓̞̝̹̰͉̪̰̤̱͍ͮͩͫͩ͌ͬ̀͊ͦ̅ͣ̋́̇ͩ̉̀̚͠Y̷̡ͣ̋̾̒̈́ͧ͗҉̴̜̱̪̖͍̞͇͡S̷̴̢̠͖͍͔͆̎ͤͮ̿͒ͅ

imBask

Banned
lol at them talking about how "you can kinda make it maybe if you have roommates" at 60-70k in San Francisco, what a weird city

Z06MZfS.png

U̘̮̱͚͕̞̭̣̩̠̲̲͉ͧ̊̆̅ͫ͋͐͠͠N̢̢̙̝̤͈͕̠̺͔̬̯̞͈̯̰̩͎͖̺ͫ̐̈ͬ̌̄ͣ̿ͪ͒͂̀͝P̡͕͍͚̙͎͖͔̮̥͕̐̊̆ͤͬ̌̀̎̕͜͡R̰͉͖̫͈̼̯̖̼̬̭̺̠̪͈̟̭ͬ͑ͪ͌̅ͩ̓͆͒̀͢O̡̰̺̯͉̦̱ͭ̈͊̐̐̍ͩ̈́ͬͩ̚͢F͛ͥ̇̆̑̋̊̈́͑̋̈̈́̌ͮ̽͢҉̥̤̜̠̺̤͍͓̣͎͚̝͎͕͠Ẹ̷̷̡̼͎͙͎̫̑ͤ͊̏͂̿ͬ̿͛̒ͫͮͧ̐ͨ̄̀͊̚S̙̘̹̪͇̰̦͙̙̥̾͂͐̂ͦ́͠ͅS̊̇ͤ̓ͨͤ̇ͣ̾̍͛́̚͏̨̡͙̝̖̜͉̦͔͢Iͩ̔̎ͫͧ͛͊ͫ̃̿͐̀ͣ͒ͣͪ̇͗͠͡͏̠̝̘̣̗̪̱͖Ǒ̴̢̯̮̙͚̻̆̈́̋̂̒͑ͮ͜͜ͅN̷̢̳͕͈̹͚̰̒ͧͪ̍̋ͨ́͌͊̂͌Ḁ̡̧̰͙̖̭͈̰̙͓̗̗̑̾ͦͪͬ̎͒ͣ̈́ͯ͑̌͝L̵̳͎̳̖͈̞̭̬̥ͮ̉̐̌͜͠ͅ ͆ͣ̌̉̿̃̇͊͏̶͔͓̭͉͉͖̻Fͣ̊̓̑́̽̃̓̈ͤ̈͂̉ͭ̏̄̓ͪ̀͢͡͏̶̝̞̯̯͎̖͈̖̳̭̰R̶̢̳̳̫̣̻̱̝̯̪̜̰͈̥̩̦̘̪̬͚ͨ͛̌̓͒́̋̒̈̇ͨ̚͢I̵͇͖̱͖͊̉ͦ̔̈́͒̓ͥ̃̚͝D̄͆͐̎̎̾͂ͤ҉̷̝̯̘͈̰̣͖͕ͅA̖̞̗͓̞̝̹̰͉̪̰̤̱͍ͮͩͫͩ͌ͬ̀͊ͦ̅ͣ̋́̇ͩ̉̀̚͠Y̷̡ͣ̋̾̒̈́ͧ͗҉̴̜̱̪̖͍̞͇͡S̷̴̢̠͖͍͔͆̎ͤͮ̿͒ͅ

Jeff is video games.

TraBuch

Banned
I sometimes wish I had something I could be as passionate about as that ShenmueNextGen dude. Well, maybe not as passionate, but still passionate.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the free fall on Gears 4 keys has been insane. My friend was posting about how they were 30 earlier, then he bought it for 18, and now they're 10.

At this point i'll just wait til someone pays ME.

... I'd buy a key for 10$... When I checked the BST thread earlier they were all 40$

As a crazy person who gets a kick out of holding a controller and walking around as if I'm controlling myself, this speaks to me.

Edit: Man, Watch Dogs 2 looks like such an improvement on 1. The simple moment-to-moment act of walking around and interacting with the world got boring astoundingly quick, so watching Dan dick around with random stuff already makes it seem like it could be a ton more fun.

Top Bottom