• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

KingKong

If people start looking at the political views of most CEOs then there will be very few things they'll actually be able to support

They're GONNA have to talk about this on the bombcast.

I know they haven't really talked politics, but I really want to hear their takes.

~~~

On a side note, todays Shenmue episode, the chemistry between Dan and Vinny is undeniable. They're a power couple.

Denouncing scumbag racists isn't really talking politics tbf.

KingKong

There's differing political views and then there's supporting Trump.

well a lot of his views are things republicans have been saying and doing for decades, just not out in the open. So it's great it's finally being called out, but I hope it doesnt mean people will see standard republicans as just reasonable differing political views

So is Superhypercube PSVR only now? Or was it also coming to Vive?

"PSVR for now, but we aren't ruling out other Platforms in the future"
-Phil Fish, SuperHyperCube Quick Look EX.

It's currently only on PSVR because when they started up full work on it, it was the only dev kit VR set that had the kind of headtracking they needed.

repeater

Fucking yes. Side benefit; I'll love to see GAF puzzle out how much or little they despise Phil Fish with this news.
What was the source of GAFs hate relationship with him anyway? I never payed too close attention and sure he seems a bit selfimportant like any "tortured artist" type, but he also seemed like the kind of guy that would have integrity enough to do something like this and thus worthy of some legitimate props.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What was the source of GAFs hate relationship with him anyway? I never payed too close attention and sure he seems a bit selfimportant like any "tortured artist" type, but he also seemed like the kind of guy that would have integrity enough to do something like this and thus worthy of some legitimate props.

Came off very snidely to a Japanese game developer. Made him seem like he was talking from a position that he really shouldn't be.

To steal something from Reddit. You can pinpoint the exact time Rockstar struck Micro Transaction gold and how its effect their output

f9LzxNQ.png

And that's missing the great Lost&Damned and Gay Tony DLC for 4. Remember when people thought V would get single player DLC? How naive we all were.

Seeing Midnight Club there takes me back to when the racing genre wasn't so anemic. Now Forza Horizon 3 is sort of THE racing game by default. Thankfully it's a dope game.

Telling someone they should kill themselves and generally throwing hissy fits over the smallest things put him on my shitlist.

I think the best thing for Oculus is to force Palmer Luckey to resign (or just flat out fire him). I would be furious if I bought a device for that much money and because of one person's actions, I'd be missing out on games. The person I feel really bad for right now is Nick Suttner, who left his role as Developer Relations at PlayStation to do the same job at Oculus. That's going to be a tougher job for him now.

repeater

Came off very snidely to a Japanese game developer. Made him seem like he was talking from a position that he really shouldn't be.
Right, I remember that now.
Telling someone they should kill themselves and generally throwing hissy fits over the smallest things put him on my shitlist.
Who did he tell to kill themselves? That's no good, no. Hissy fits I'd sort under "normal tortured artist nonsense".
What voices do the GB crew do?

Jeff - Jon St. John
Alex - Gilbert Gottfried
Dan - Kermit, Waluigi
Drew - Pac-Man, Snake, Otacon, Raiden
Alex does a pretty damn good Mark Cerny I'd say. It's all about that diversity of luminosity.

What voices do the GB crew do?

Jeff - Jon St. John
Alex - Gilbert Gottfried
Dan - Kermit, Waluigi
Drew - Pac-Man, Snake, Otacon, Raiden

Drew is a professional voice actor. Dan doesn't have the vocal range to not sound like Dan. Jeff can mimick most internet dorks and/or conspiracy theorists, Riff-Raff, and Eddie Murphy.

I love the cutback to the couch during the Watchdogs 2 video with Jeff lounging with his feet up then realising the camera was back on him so straightening up.

Tubobutts

There are bare nipples in this Watch Dogs 2 Unfinished.
Brad showed everyone a naked lady on UPF. It's probably fine.

Dan frames a homeless person for armed robbery, puts a gang hit out on a dish washer, and then ignores a guy who just committted a hit and run.
The whole attitude of this games seems terrible.

daveo42

Banned
That Box Maker stream was real good. Just the level of bullshit and issues the game had along with Jeff's frustration is hilarious.
Sucks he wasn't able to finish it. It would have been smooth sailing in the 3rd level.

TraBuch

Banned
Has a Japanese console game ever actually had nudity? Seeing the stripper in Watch Dogs 2 kinda got me thinking. Nudity's really not that uncommon in Western games, I mean it's not common, but it's not really a surprise when you see tits now. But despite all the fan service in Japanese games, I can't really recall any of those games actually going all the way.

Salarians

Has a Japanese console game ever actually had nudity? Seeing the stripper in Watch Dogs 2 kinda got me thinking. Nudity's really not that uncommon in Western games, I mean it's not common, but it's not really a surprise when you see tits now. But despite all the fan service in Japanese games, I can't really recall any of those games actually going all the way.
Bayonetta is pretty damn nude at times in Bayo2, but she's got Barbie anatomy. I'm fairly certain they edited out the nudity for the Japanese release of TW3.

Bayonetta is pretty damn nude at times in Bayo2, but she's got Barbie anatomy. I'm fairly certain they edited out the nudity for the Japanese release of TW3.

I think by nudity he means the full on female nipples and or genitals, and in that case I don't think there's much outside of like, pixel art boobs in Castlevania and Shin Megami Tensei.

Top Bottom