• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Meguro

Banned
There's a song from a popular german musician at the 4 minute mark of the QL and it's kiiiinda driving me nuts hearing it in a videogame.

Xater

I know almost nothing about the NBA, but it that rainbow jersey a real thing? It's looks kinda bad design wise. You could probably do a better job with that.

imBask

Banned
btw i'm almost done with Child of Light and Alex's 3/5 was objectively wrong YOU'RE WRONG ALEX

oh and Shenmue ER episode 16 will go down as the greatest ER episode of all time

2888054-cp_nba2k17_ql.00_32_01_50.still003.jpg

Perfect.

I liked the first two-thirds of Virginia. I wish it stayed grounded, but hey I can't expect to like everything.

Yeah I'm kind of with you.

It tries to be too many things. You want aliens? It's about aliens! You want occult shit, or a dark mysterious past, or racism, or corruption, or whatever, it's that too!

It feels pandering.

so what sport have the biggest salaries?

Football (soccer), basketball and golf (which is prize money) are all pretty insane.

Ronaldo and Messi both earn over $80m I think.

In football even average players are earning around £5m a year right now due to TV rights ballooning in England.

I just got to the ER episode with Vinny and Dan playing music while watching the Watch. What even is this Endurance Run? More lunacy like this is definitely welcome.

LiK

I just got to the ER episode with Vinny and Dan playing music while watching the Watch. What even is this Endurance Run? More lunacy like this is definitely welcome.

i love that they don't even change the visuals on screen so people skipping through it will miss it so easily.

Strax

I love the old Dever Nuggets outfit. I also miss the times goalkeepers in football got to design their own shirts because the only rule was it couldn't be the same base color.

$_35.JPG

The only football jersey I kinda want

The Long, Strange History Of Video Games Sponsoring Football Teams

500x_fiorentina.jpg

500x_dreamcastshirts.jpg

500x_auxerre.jpg

Arsenal--99-Away+Sega.jpg

In football even average players are earning around £5m a year right now due to TV rights ballooning in England.

Nah, they are little below £2.5 millz a year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How the hell did Floyd Mayweather Jr. earn 300m in 2015?

He is his own promoter so he gets a large share of all revenue. It was the most expensive pay per view event ever and sold more views than any other before it so he'd get a great check off that alone, but then he has his base purse and even shares of gate and concessions on top of that.

Strax

That's only ~£50k p/w, a lot of terrible players are making close to double that these days.

Those Sega/Dreamcast Arsenal shirts are god tier.

Sure, if you are a squad player for the top 4-5 teams you are getting at least £50k p/w but a middle of the road team like Swansea has only two players with £50k p/w or more and then you have teams like Crystal Palace, WBA, Watford, Hull City, Bournemouth and Burnley. They ain't paying players £50k p/w.

That £2.5 millz a year number is from the Daily Mail at the start of last season.

and the Fiorentina kit is clearly best.

repeater

Just watched a random Overwatch video on youtube and was surprised by a pro play of one Dan Ryckert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wunxXIFgvZs (starts at 5:33)
Haha, that's real good. I can almost hear the ecstatic "FuUuUuUuUcK yoUuUuUuU!" in my own mind.

This Shenmue ER episode -- that conversation with
The barber who is sad because he isn't allowed to cut Tom's hair
is probably the first moment of the game that seems knowingly quirky in a charming way, rather than unintentionally weird and laughable due to bad writing/acting/localization/all three.

Man the part in the NBA QL where Kevin Harlan said
Navarro
reminded me of when my brother and I used to
make a bunch of players on some baseball game for the Genesis like "Hot Ice" just so the announcers would actually say the names

Top Bottom