• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I once read Austin Walker is turning GB into an SJW site. How so? All I could think at the time was "oh wow, he must be doing good work if they're willing to call the site for sjw's."

BnMQy9J.gif

this is all you really need to know.

repeater

Wait what? Replay missions? Hell no. I'll just watch Drew's Walkthrough then I guess.
You do not have to replay a single mission to get the true ending. I know so because I got it myself without repeat missions.

Also, do not call Metal Gear Scanlon V a "walkthrough", that's just misleading. :p

LiK

You do not have to replay a single mission to get the true ending. I know so because I got it myself without repeat missions.

Also, do not call Metal Gear Scanlon V a "walkthrough", that's just misleading. :p

Yup, I didn't play any of the Extreme Missions cuz fuck that. Got true ending without even looking it up. Just played normal.

WWE's resident Agent 47, Cenaro totally pulled a Brad last night.

yOHAR0q.jpg

He was totally fine after that.

WWE should really cool down on the suicide dives though. EVERYONE is doing them now and they all mostly look like crap or nearly kill someone

hamchan

Suicide dives are just the worst. I cringe every time Big E does it because landing on the head every time will eventually lead to him getting paralyzed.

Even that GIF up above Sheamus grabs Cesarao's head in a "oh shit dude are you alright?" way.

I'm not trolling.

Saw this months ago linked on a subreddit that makes fun of Kotaku In Action.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAc...sjw_narrative_thanks/?st=itkh379l&sh=45e1e423

Maybe take things a bit less seriously and not think everything is a troll. It's more fun for everyone that way.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that we try to avoid any "SJW" talk in this thread since it's typically used by people who don't want to see fair treatment for women and minorities in games. It's true that Austin and Patrick were the two duders who fought hardest to expose ugly practices in the industry, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the guys are ok with any of that stuff. Also, keep in mind the "I'm just asking questions" defense is typically used by people who just want to troll/rile things up.

There are a bunch of different moves I'm tired of seeing, but suicide dives, superkicks, and hot tags leading to a bunch of clotheslines are the big ones.

I once read Austin Walker is turning GB into an SJW site. How so? All I could think at the time was "oh wow, he must be doing good work if they're willing to call the site for sjw's."

If that's the kind of stuff you're mostly interested in, you're likely better off following those guys over at Vice, since most of the coverage of social issues went along with them.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that we try to avoid any "SJW" talk in this thread since it's typically used by people who don't want to see fair treatment for women and minorities in games. It's true that Austin and Patrick were the two duders who fought hardest to expose ugly practices in the industry, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the guys are ok with any of that stuff. Also, keep in mind the "I'm just asking questions" defense is typically used by people who just want to troll/rile things up.

That may be true but anyone who knows me knows I'm not someone who humors "sjw" talk. I legitimately don't know what the fuck, and am curious to read from GB fans why these cock stains think about this subject.

There are a bunch of different moves I'm tired of seeing, but suicide dives, superkicks, and hot tags leading to a bunch of clotheslines are the big ones.

If that's the kind of stuff you're mostly interested in, you're likely better off following those guys over at Vice, since most of the coverage of social issues went along with them.

I already read Vice which is why I'm particularly interested in what Austin and Patrick did at GB.

That may be true but anyone who knows me knows I'm not someone who humors "sjw" talk. I legitimately don't know what the fuck, and am curious to read from GB fans why these cock stains think about this subject.

I already read Vice which is why I'm particularly interested in what Austin and Patrick did at GB.

Austin did a decent chunk of writing for the site (particularly his Off the Clock feature), but as far as editorial is concerned his largest contribution was setting up the guest column feature for the site. If you search for those features there should be a decent amount of stuff to dig into, but it's not particularly a huge focus for the site.

so he wasn't working?

Brad is the Randy Orton of Giant Bomb.

pizzacat

Banned
Austin did a decent chunk of writing for the site (particularly his Off the Clock feature), but as far as editorial is concerned his largest contribution was setting up the guest column feature for the site. If you search for those features there should be a decent amount of stuff to dig into, but it's not particularly a huge focus for the site.

Brad is the Randy Orton of Giant Bomb.
ofc he's randy to jeff's john cena

220px-12Rposter.jpg

randy-orton-lands-his-first-major-role-in-12--L-MUu2jw.jpeg

Like Patrick Klepek

Just the existence of Austin Walker being near GB was enough to get people to cry and complain about it

That's so weird to me because I'm a big fan of both.

Thanks!

That's so weird to me because I'm a big fan of both.

Well, in Patrick's case, it's a bit more complicated than the stuff he wrote about being contentious with a certain crowd. Giant Bomb is largely a personality-driven website with a huge focus on videos, and Patrick was a bit of a rough fit for the site in that regard. A lot of people (myself included) just didn't think he was a particularly entertaining guy to watch on video. I have nothing against him, but not all of the criticism of his output on the site comes from one place.

SomberOwl

At this moment you can't buy it.
It goes in and out phases where you can buy it and then goes to development and when updates are out you can buy it again.

I meant when it gets fully released later this year. I was talking about seeing if anyone would look at it for game of the year stuff. These type of games usually always get over shadowed cause no one plays them. But if Planet Coaster is anything like RCT2 then it will be fantastic and should at least be covered.

Lunar FC

Best era. Will never be topped.

I still think Patrick leaving was a decline for GB they've still yet to recover from.

I think the very opposite. I do miss Scoops and the Wolf doe.

Can't wait for Forza to unlock tonight, my personal whip is less excited with a check transmission and engine warning coming on this morning. :/

Well, in Patrick's case, it's a bit more complicated than the stuff he wrote about being contentious with a certain crowd. Giant Bomb is largely a personality-driven website with a huge focus on videos, and Patrick was a bit of a rough fit for the site in that regard. A lot of people (myself included) just didn't think he was a particularly entertaining guy to watch on video. I have nothing against him, but not all of the criticism of his output on the site comes from one place.

I was curious how he would come across because he's more known as a writer than an entertaining personality.

justjim89

Best era. Will never be topped.

I still think Patrick leaving was a decline for GB they've still yet to recover from.

I regularly listen to the This Year Best Of's and, honestly, I think the podcast goes downhill once Patrick joined and picked back up in a big way with Dan and Jason. Patrick was present for some good bits, but I never find him that funny or entertaining.

Aside from this, of course.

And that Cesaro suicide dive was scary as fuck. I thought he was paralyzed for a sec.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't really like him at first, but Patrick improved a lot over time. He was totally fine by the end and I even watched some of his youtube stuff.

Top Bottom