• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its when Brad goes "well they would have to start taking steps back with their open world systems if they want less bugs" comment that got me.

Because Fallout 4 was already a GIANT step back in terms of open world-ness from Skyrim and Fallout 3 / New Vegas. The world was noticeably smaller. You had less quests. The quests themselves more limited limited in design and had fewer options with hour you handled them. The speech system was gutted.

That was what most infuriated me, and I was a bit surprised Austin didn't bring this up, but then he found other compelling stuff in the game. But yeah, the argument that "you have to get the bugginess to get this level of freedom" doesn't hold any water if that freedom isn't meaningful. Oh sure, its still technically a "simulation" in a way that's naturally very buggy, you can throw anything anywhere, lead NPCs into weird spots where they get stuck, etc, but the amount of actual interaction you have is so frustratingly gimped

90 minutes

2575277-jeffthumbsup.gif

Listening to the Beastcast, Vinny spoke positively about Arcanum. God, I would love for him to do a series of videos on that game. I've played the GOG release and it seemed wholly function.

jaina

TURN ON THE FOG MACHINE (was the last stream with technical issues I remember)

my guess is that the seating started too late

Phediuk

Christ, that Metroid 3DS game.

If you had told me that was a PS1 game I would've believed you.

I don't get how that game looks so ugly.

Top Bottom