• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

FStop7

Banned
It was a bait and switch headline and the article itself was reductionist. The premise could be applied to a dozen other things. "Playing [game] makes me feel uncomfortable because of [current event]."

Nah, they never really talk politics on the Bombcast, but they kind of have to address Palmer Luckey right?

I'm standing by my opinion that they probably won't. not that they don't have opinions, but they almost never mix politics and work. and frankly Palmer's dumb shit hobbies/views have been shrugged off by Oculus so it's non-news from a gaming front.

e:

With lots of devs pulling support they prob will.

scratch that then, I wasn't aware of that.

It was a bait and switch headline and the article itself was reductionist. The premise could literally be applied to anything. "Playing [game] makes me feel uncomfortable because of [current event]."

It's a goofy article because of how much of it is kinda ranting about bad Aussie stuff, but that's a reductionist take as well. Australian writer says that he likes Forza Horizon because it accurately depicts Australia's landscape and towns in a way that he feels no other game has, then feels dissonance because, wait, he actually kinda hates the way Australia is right now for a lot of reasons, even if he understands that there's no reason for a racing game to actually depict that stuff and going for a feel good depiction is the right approach.

It could have been written better, but "this game represents my home in a way that I both love and hate" is an interesting thing.

Any of the Unprofessional Fridays from the last few months great? Been real busy lately and just watching quick looks and retro(ie, the recent Jeff c64 vid) stuff.

Edit: Or really any of the other features, lol.

pizzacat

Banned
Any of the Unprofessional Fridays from the last few months great? Been real busy lately and just watching quick looks and retro(ie, the recent Jeff c64 vid) stuff.

Ooph, are you sitting down?

that new vrodeo was on point, also the Jeff stream was good, just watch old stuff

Johndoey

Banned
Hell is super lame. I want a game that actually has hell make logistical sense and opposed to a random assortment of flesh idols, metal memorabilia, and floating platforms.

Demons need places to live and shop breh.

For UPF the last two weeks have been good, as was 9/9 and 8/5.

Demo Derby always delivers. Jar Time recently happened. Hitman continues to be great.

Strax

Since the start of june Drew playing GoldenEye: Source has been the only thing I've enjoyed.

Top Bottom