• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

imBask

Banned
should've kept and printed out posts from people who were like "VR is like the new transition from 2d to 3d" and "I might as well just sell my monitors"

oti

Banned
It definitely wasn't when Facebook got in...

Remember when VR used to be this interesting new tech that totally wasn't like the Wii and had the innovative spirit full of new ideas and creativity surrounding it but then Facebook bought Oculus so we all thought hey this is odd this could change things and it totally did change things but we didn't know it back then because time travel wasn't invented yet? Good times.

They ain't gonna touch it

1712493-1712469_creeperjeff.png

They are touching it

At least I don't know that I gave money to racists.

yeah I'm really jealous that I didn't give 600 dollars to a flip-flops-and-socks Hitler motherfucker so I can play $60 games that are fun for twenty minutes and give you pinkeye

How's it feel to know that every whisper you hear in a VR game is confirmed to be racist subliminal messages

I can't tell who's joking and who is a crazy person.

oti

Banned
You meatspace people sure are jealous of us virtual people.

😄 Real talk: I would've bought it already if it wasn't so expensive and if there was more content available. But PSVR is coming out so we'll see. Still too early adopterish for me. Getting the headset by itself would be fine but camera and move controllers and thinking about space and waiting for the second and third wave of VR games. Nuh, im good for now. The PSVR launch stream will be super entertaining though.

we're all joking

you're the crazy person

Ah, ok that makes sense. The second part, I mean.

�� Real talk: I would've bought it already if it wasn't so expensive and if there was more content available. But PSVR is coming out so we'll see. Still too early adopterish for me. Getting the headset by itself would be fine but camera and move controllers and thinking about space and waiting for the second and third wave of VR games. Nuh, im good for now. The PSVR launch stream will be super entertaining though.

I guess I like being and early adopter on stuff I'm into, but yeah it's early as hell.

The fact that people like Lucky are working under Facebook now, let alone at Oculus, means that money means more to these companies than anything.

So yeah, I no longer have a Oculus Rift budget. May not even consider VR in the future.

GB are being way more professional about it than I would be though.

oti

Banned
Real real talk: VR is ready in 5 years at the earliest. Until then I'd rather buy games and consoles.

Thanks for all the early adopters though. Your money is helping me to save tons of money.

kAmui-

I would how much Brad would rather be off watching that Space X stream.

WE ARE GOING TO MARS!

Also GRAPHS!

There was a question that started "so I was at burning man" and at that point I knew it was going to be insufferable. And it was basically a question about shitting on mars. Made me hate burning man even more.

Since you're Richie Rich could you please buy the rights to the Burnout IP and develop a good Burnout game again? And by good I mean not like Paradise.

Thanks.
If I had infinite money I would totally fund development on games I've always wanted. I'd start by bringing 1313 back to live if I could.

At the end of the Everspace QL, there's an antenna Vinny was supposed to get close to to hack but he didn't get close enough to do it. He wasn't supposed to destroy it.

oti

Banned
I don't know why but the prospect of another Gears coming out that looks exactly like every other Gears triggers some kind of nostalgia in me. Back in the day when Xbox Live was new (to me), the 360 blades were in place and the video game industry felt more simple. Looking forward to seeing Jeff play it.

repeater

I don't know about on a controller but Everspace is great with a keyboard and mouse.
A lot of people in the OT said the game felt a lot better with KB+M than with a controller. Game looks promising, but for myself I think I'll wait 'til they put the story in there because I'm not sure the mere roguelike stuff would keep me hooked for long enough.

Gimme the elevator pitch on Dragon Quest Builders cause it seems like something I would be into

World where the hero actually picked the "I'll join you" option near the end of Dragon Quest 1.

Years later, you're rebuilding the ruins of that world and fighting DQ monsters like it's Minecraft

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I finished The Bunker.
It's kinda meh

The ending really thinks you're an idiot though. It's like the game is sighing and saying to me "Alright idiot, I know I have already shown you what happened, but if you STILL haven't figured out here is all of it again. Dumbass"

I finished The Bunker.
It's kinda meh

The ending really thinks you're an idiot though. It's like the game is sighing and saying to me "Alright idiot, I know I have already shown you what happened, but if you STILL haven't figured out here is all of it again. Dumbass"

Ah, it's such a bummer when movies and games do that. I've been watching a lot of X-Files lately, and there have been several otherwise great moments ruined by a piece of dialogue ADR'd in because someone thought they needed to make something explicitly stated.

FStop7

Banned
Was trying to figure out why my broadband connection shows several gigs downloaded today and I just realized there's a new Hitman chapter. Fuck yes.

Top Bottom