• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

So even with the live bombcast, they still missed the big news today (Destiny 2) after they speculated about what that would be like. Go figure.

Giant Bombcast 449: Roomful of Narcs
Yet another week of mysterious illness can't stop us from talking about Forza Horizon 3 on PC, this year's Destiny expansion, excitable chihuahuas, tropical animals, Palmer Luckey's malignant memes, mo' fighting game problems, and the true value of the Super NES.
Filed Under: Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, Battle.net, Persona 5, Destiny, Killer Instinct, Firewatch, Street Fighter V, ReCore, Paladins, Forza Horizon 3, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Android, Car

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ah, it's such a bummer when movies and games do that. I've been watching a lot of X-Files lately, and there have been several otherwise great moments ruined by a piece of dialogue ADR'd in because someone thought they needed to make something explicitly stated.

*sigh*
So, in case you didn't understand my post, what the game does is that it overly explains what are actually pretty simple concepts and character motivations at the end...again. Despite having shown them to you literally minutes earlier. Just thought I'd make that clear.

Bacon

Er, yeah, I gotcha the first time.

Just to further clarify, the phenomenon he's talking about is when a piece of media over explains its concepts and conclusions and leaves nothing up to the audience to deduce. It assumes the audience has little intelligence and can't draw their own meaning from what is being said. Just over explaining something really.

Just to further clarify, the phenomenon he's talking about is when a piece of media over explains its concepts and conclusions and leaves nothing up to the audience to deduce. It assumes the audience has little intelligence and can't draw their own meaning from what is being said. Just over explaining something really.

Dammit did I just get double-duped?

SomberOwl

I don't know why but the prospect of another Gears coming out that looks exactly like every other Gears triggers some kind of nostalgia in me. Back in the day when Xbox Live was new (to me), the 360 blades were in place and the video game industry felt more simple. Looking forward to seeing Jeff play it.

I miss the simplicity of the beginning of last gen. I'm nostalgic for lots of early 360 gen games. Oblivion, Gears, COD4, Mass Effect.

Also I hope they look at the Dragon Quest Builders demo.

LsvHT18.png

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How long does it usually take them to post the video version of the Bombcast? I'm interested to see their facial reactions to the Palmer stuff.

robotrock

Banned
Caught up on last week's Beastcast and have just now learned that Jazzpunk came out on PC a week ago.

Why aren't there more people talking about Jazzpunk

EDIT: PS4 i mean ps4 whoops

I meant PS4 my bad. Still though not seeing any GAF threads. Alex seemed to be into the additional content though.

Looking forward to revisiting it.

Ah forgot that was coming. I wonder if they'll ever update the steam version with the new content. Fun game but not paying $15 for another copy with a little extra content.

Tubobutts

The austin/patrick podcast started out well. Will continue to listen.
I'm disappointed that they kind of glossed over the whole racist/anti semetic/ white supremacist part of what Luckey was doing and instead framed it as the problem being mostly that it was pro-Trump, but at least Jeff said something on the bombcast.

Top Bottom