• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

pizzacat

Banned
Jeff the family man can't handle 24 hours and I understand but I hope he does 24 hours and at least 8 of those are him in a white shirt trying out dumb Famicom games

hopefully the office does a full 24 this time

I mean I'm totally pulling this out of the air here but the office, group streams have to be more active with regard to donations than the solo streams right?

not to tell people how to live their lives or anything but surely that type of stream is the most beneficial to both audience and charity.

Listening to the Bombcast and at the part where they talk about being sick... Is it me or are they sick a lot, or is it a normal amount? Seems like someone on the crew is mentioning a soar throat or that they were sick over the weekend like once a month... Might be a little strange to think about, but I'm sick like 1 maybe 2 times a year, and I work in a 24 hour operations environment where people are sharing work stations...

According to PSN Jeff Gerstmann played PSVR and SuperHyperCube today. Did they get early hardware?

most outlets got psvr today. not sure what the embargo is though.

so far it's the only headset that hasn't come in like a flaming meteor at the last second though, maybe that's a good thing

Mr. F

Banned
I was interested to hear Jeff's take on the Palmer stuff, but with Brad being back in the hosting seat I think I might give Bombcast a rest for a few months (GOTY aside) and rotate Vice's podcast in. Skipping ahead or not paying attention more often than not these days.

Listening to the Bombcast and at the part where they talk about being sick... Is it me or are they sick a lot, or is it a normal amount? Seems like someone on the crew is mentioning a soar throat or that they were sick over the weekend like once a month... Might be a little strange to think about, but I'm sick like 1 maybe 2 times a year, and I work in a 24 hour operations environment where people are sharing work stations...

You forget that they live in a city covered in poop and needles

Aselith

According to PSN Jeff Gerstmann played PSVR and SuperHyperCube today. Did they get early hardware?

8iNmW.gif

Yeah. Yesterday I posted a picture of a Geoff Keighley tweet showing off his PSVR box. Some people here mentioned Jeff was playing SuperHyperCube and Brad was playing Batman: Arkahm VR yesterday.

most outlets got psvr today. not sure what the embargo is though.

so far it's the only headset that hasn't come in like a flaming meteor at the last second though, maybe that's a good thing

IGN got theirs while they were recording Podcast Beyond (they have a video version). There was a note saying that they were embargoed from opening it on camera. It's a nice sized box.

I will set the record straight, deer in Pennsylvania will not walk right up to you. There are a lot of them, though.

I'm sure Dan just happened to be at or near a campsite where people are constantly feeding some local deer.

I will set the record straight, deer in Pennsylvania will not walk right up to you. There are a lot of them, though.

I'm sure Dan just happened to be at or near a campsite where people are constantly feeding some local deer.

Can confirm this for regions of canada and NY as well. In fact you're more likely to destroy your car running into one than having a docile one come up and meet you.

Man, Jeff's words on the podcast ring true. Even despite all the performance problems, Horizon 3 is pretty great. I know it's a bit of a pipedream, but I hope they can get it running flawlessly.

Edit: To echo the above, Nick Robinson of Polygon posted the PSVR box on his snapchat earlier today. They're definitely in the hands of media.

Lunar FC

Man, Jeff's words on the podcast ring true. Even despite all the performance problems, Horizon 3 is pretty great. I know it's a bit of a pipedream, but I hope they can get it running flawlessly.

Edit: To echo the above, Nick Robinson of Polygon posted the PSVR box on his snapchat earlier today. They're definitely in the hands of media.

Id love for it to not run like horse manure on low settings on my capable machine. >.>

Top Bottom