• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Jintor

is this what work is like? i want to go back to being a lazy shit with jobs like 'games journalist' or 'teacher with poor work ethic'

Jintor

i don't think i'd like playing shenmue that much (at least now that I need time to do things) but it's pretty nice on a second screen just to kinda zone out to

there's something charming about its dead, broken voice acting

Jothel

i don't think i'd like playing shenmue that much (at least now that I need time to do things) but it's pretty nice on a second screen just to kinda zone out to

there's something charming about its dead, broken voice acting
What job you get Jintor? I got a job at Toyota which is great apart from my two hour commute. I'm still on episode 4 of Shenmue

i'm a legal secretary at a small firm which is nonetheless busy as fuuuuuuuuuck

That's all legal secretary or medical secretary offices. Never not busy.

Dentist offices I hear are sweet gigs if you are OK with the sound of mouth drilling every day. People always book in advance. You never really have a que of people hounding you to hurry up because their car is on the meter.

My current job is basically 2 hours of work per day then I got the rest to browse the web and handle any phone calls and emails or maybe any surprise work. Its comfy but I need to start looking elsewhere.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I got a new GPU a couple of weeks ago. I ran the gamut on pretty games to play and I wound up starting Sleepy Dogs over. It is so good. I've put another couple hours into it and will likely not stop. The world is far more interesting than other open world games. I love the fight system too.

I got a new GPU a couple of weeks ago. I ran the gamut on pretty games to play and I wound up starting Sleepy Dogs over. It is so good. I've put another couple hours into it and will likely not stop. The world is far more interesting than other open world games. I love the fight system too.

Oh I should try that with my new GPU/monitor. Gimme that wet pavement!

klonere

Banned
I am on that hot 4-5 hour weekday. 9+ weekend sleep schedule.

Its.... not great.

I tried this and ended up having to take a two days off work. Lightheaded, couldn't concentrate, sinus pressure, cold sweats. I've always been a pretty heavy sleeper so cutting back so severely completely shocked my body I guess. Plus I don't really have a job where I can just coast through a whole day.

Sakwoff

Looking back, breaking Hitman up into separately sold levels (+ smaller bits and pieces) was actually completely brilliant, right?

I mean, it certainly helps that the game is ace, but the continuous amount of coverage and buzz the game is getting from pretty much all games media must be pretty great for them. I feel that while successful, Hitman has never quite been the talk of the town as much before.

Also great for us, because GB's videos on it are dope.

sirap

I never believe when people say stuff like that. Two hours just doesn't work.

Yeah, that's bullshit. That's impossible. Maybe sleeping 2 hours every 6 hours. But 2 hours every 24 hours is impossible.

Have you guys never heard of polyphasic sleeping? I don't sleep in one 2 hour chunk, I break it down to 20 minute naps every 4 hours.

The uberman schedule helped me write a zillion books :p

Looking back, breaking Hitman up into separately sold levels (+ smaller bits and pieces) was actually completely brilliant, right?

I mean, it certainly helps that the game is ace, but the continuous amount of coverage and buzz the game is getting from pretty much all games media must be pretty great for them. I feel that while successful, Hitman has never quite been the talk of the town as much before.

It totally works for that game.

Not sure I would be down for just the 7 missions in a $60 box since I would probably get through them all in 6 hours and moan the game was too short but spacing it all out was great and encouraged more replaying.

Also I like the new map.

Its a bit of a change of pace for sure but I think 1 map that's a little different is welcome and having to kill double the targets was a nice addition. Not sure this map will work out for elusives but LOL who am I kidding IO will just keep using Paris over and over

Strax

Yes. Hearing Dave Lang talk about it on the Bombcast was 100% truth. Even tho I'll buy the entire package when it comes out Hitman has showen me, for the first time, that episodic content can work.

I just got two root canals done about an hour ago and it does not hurt. I feel fine. Is it supposed to hurt?

I am going to watch Shenmue 20 now. Does it hurt?

Just thinking that myself. Hope Vinny and Bakalar are fine. Odds are they are, but still.
I think anyone on that train would have been entering Hoboken as opposed to leaving, so Jeff and Vinny should be in the clear. Hopefully, its worse than it looks and there are no casualties.

I think anyone on that train would have been entering Hoboken as opposed to leaving, so Jeff and Vinny should be in the clear. Hopefully, its worse than it looks and there are no casualties.

It's more that it derailed and crashed into the station itself where people would be.

Is that def the station Vinny and Jeff use? Hope everything is good, it seems pretty major.

Edit: good of Jeff to send word

Wasn't it on the Beastcast when Dan was around a few weeks ago they were saying how loads of the train infrastructure was way too old and needs to be updated?

Of course could be human error or whatever but pretty scary anyway.

Top Bottom