• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

I can see where Brad's coming from about the videos losing a little something if they were MLG Hitman Pros. Doesn't mean I don't say "Oh for Fuck's sake" every so often, but I'm fine with their Hitman videos being a little more off the rails.

it would be nice if they knew how trespassing or proximity mines work.

they miss basic features of the game

justjim89

My favorite part of the new Hitman video (besides the fact that a part 2 is coming) is Dan not knowing what a doll house is. Every time one pops up in the level he's all "What's with these tiny houses? Why is there a tiny house?" Hilarious.

Through the whole back half of the video, I was urging them to turn the OCD opportunity back on and track it, or else they'll never find his cigarettes. The opportunities in this mission are great, hopefully they do the ram one. The Interpol one for the lady is pretty good too, although I found out her dialog if you give her emetic poison is fucking great.

I'm in agreement that a bit more understanding of the mechanics from both of them would be great, maybe if they played it a bit more often. Or unlocking one of the remote explosives or the phone, since those are so much simpler to use.

I think after Japan comes out, they should bring in Dave Lang to do a quick one-shot through every level and show them how a pro does it.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of roughly how much of Shenmue is left in the ER? I've been waiting for them to finish before I started watching.

Watch the video. Within the first few minutes, he's baffled by the existence of a "tiny house" and doesn't seem to understand it on a conceptual level. They pop up a few more times and each time he's dumbfounded. It's great.

Well regardless of whether he recognizes them as dollhouses or not, it's kind of weird for them to be there.

Meguro

Banned
I'm gonna give Dan the benefit of the doubt and assume he was just confused as to why there were doll houses in a hitman level that's esentially a training ground for terrorists.

justjim89

I'm not sure anything in that level is out of place after the reveal of Mossad Michael Myers.

Not being able to take that disguise is a huge missed opportunity.

But I guess you'd need his hair, too. Maybe the hair could be attached to the mask like Kane.

kai3345

Banned
don't know why they couldn't pick up the 3D printed mask, I was definitely able to in my run

edit - and of course right as I post this they pick it up

Mr. F

Banned
I love Brad and Dan talking through the briefing every time and immediately wondering who the targets are or missing key geographic features of the map, without fail.

Is there a name for that weird puppet-y looking animation style on the characters in the Nidhogg 2 trailer?

"garbage tier." After the snappiness of the first game the loose/weird animation style on 2 is disappointing.

Tubobutts

Wild guess? Twitch/streamer appeal.

Just look at how wacky and streamable it is at first glance. Meme face, Homer Simpsons, and nudity! Wowser!
You know that makes sense. I can like an art style that is considered ugly, but this seems more like it's trying hard to be wacky for the kids.

As a more recent follower of the site, I've been looking at a few of the famous, defining Bombcasts and videos from the site's past. Today I listened to the Bombcast recorded the week after Ryan's death.

On top of the tragedy of everything else, I really would have been happy to make it through my life without hearing Vinny cry. :(

Nidhogg 2's artstyle is like a bad version of Intrusion 2's weighted, marionette-esque look. (And seriously, play Intrusion 2 it is the definition of a hidden gem.)
As a more recent follower of the site, I've been looking at a few of the famous, defining Bombcasts and videos from the site's past. Today I listened to the Bombcast recorded the week after Ryan's death.

On top of the tragedy of everything else, I really would have been happy to make it through my life without hearing Vinny cry. :(
That was a really tough... and touching Bombcast to listen to, and I appreciate that they did it. I think it's the first one I ever saved long-term.

Definitely listen to the Ryan-hosted podcasts if you're inclined, there's a lot of good listening there.

mattp

every post about brad and dan not understanding hitman mechanics make me more excited to watch brad and dan play hitman

Top Bottom