• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Randy is following up the 'make a buffoon of yourself online game industry folks' trend pretty well.

though Randy being an ass is a little more known

Wow. The PSVR demo disc does not come in a cheap cardboard sleeve (as I expected), but rather has an actual normal PS4 box. That's more than was needed for that, but I really appreciate the effort.

Edit- Huh. Watching one from Europe shows their version of the demo disk is in a cheap cardboard sleeve. Glad I live in North America ;p

Started using 1080 wif Forza it seems. We in the future.

Time to annoy them about 4K video now!

Wow. The PSVR demo disc does not come in a cheap cardboard sleeve (as I expected), but rather has an actual normal PS4 box. That's more than was needed for that, but I really appreciate the effort.

Seeing the unboxing, the neatest part is the processor box. The plugs are hidden by a section you can slide back.

Strax

For a guy who used to bring giant pictures of his head and advertisements for his books to wrestling shows Dan sure seems to dislike wrestling fans who love being on camera.

After Wrestlemania 2015 Dan said on the Powerbombcast it would be his last time because how stupid it was.

Time to annoy them about 4K video now!

Seeing the unboxing, the neatest part is the processor box. The plugs are hidden by a section you can slide back.

Yeah. Pretty smart. I just wished the original PS4 had USB port in the back like PS4 Pro does. Cable management would be even nicer that way. Instead, I have to have the USB cord running from the back of the processing box to the front of my PS4. I do hope PS5 has the processing box integrated within the console.

Yeah. Pretty smart. I just wished the original PS4 had USB port in the back like PS4 Pro does. Cable management would be even nicer that way. Instead, I have to have the USB cord running from the back of the processing box to the front of my PS4. I do hope PS5 has the processing box integrated within the console.

No rear USB has always been a strange oversight. Designer of the PS4 once said the parallelogram design was to hide the plugs when looking at it from the front. There's a proprietary port for the camera in the back. You'd think it's easier to make the camera USB and put a 3.0 port on the back.

No rear USB has always been a strange oversight. Designer of the PS4 once said the parallelogram design was to hide the plugs when looking at it from the front. There's a proprietary port for the camera in the back. You'd think it's easier to make the camera USB and put a 3.0 port on the back.

Well, yeah, but that would've still resulted in the same situation, as PSVR needs the camera to work and a USB cable from the processing box. At least they fixed that for PS4 Pro, but I'm skipping that and waiting for a true successor.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Best Jeff rants:

1. Duke Nukem Forever 'where the fuck is it' rant
2. Destiny GOTY 2014 rant
3. Resident Evil 4 is a bad game rant (edit: ReMake rant, whoops!)

StoveOven

Banned
Best Jeff rants:

1. Duke Nukem Forever 'where the fuck is it' rant
2. Destiny GOTY 2014 rant
3. Resident Evil 4 is a bad game rant

Resident Evil Remake being Remastered rant is pretty good too. It was also one of the first Bombcasts I listened to, so I remember it fondly

Johndoey

Banned
VR was always going to be a slow burn, the tech has a foothold now and it's going stick around.

It works, it's real, now the job is making it more friendly.

Current VR is just a stepping stone for crazy head mounted computers.

VR won't ever truly take off until it's wireless.

In 5 years shit is going to be crazy.

how do you know it already isn't

HCy0sMJ.gif

Dany

Banned
Unsubscribing. Been a member since day one and been paying yearly since they launched their premium content.
I still listen to the podcast but have not watched a video in a month. I missed out on their sale weeks ago, but still.

#feelsbadman

Tagyhag

Unsubscribing. Been a member since day one and been paying yearly since they launched their premium content.
I still listen to the podcast but have not watched a video in a month. I missed out on their sale weeks ago, but still.

#feelsbadman

The nice thing, is that you can always subscribe back again later once premium content builds up again and be greeted with a bunch of videos to watch.

fstop

Neo Member
Anyone playing the latest Hitman level, including Dan and Brad, owes it to themselves to watch a guide and complete the Wicker Man challenge. The reward is that
anyone that gets remotely close to you bursts into flames
. Jump to 3:00 in that guide to see the reward.

Top Bottom