• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

SomberOwl

I was thinking about the best music GOTY category. I was thinking they should all bring select tracks from the game they want the crew to consider and not say the game. Then they all decide on the best music they heard, then reveal the game. That way they wont bring any preconceived notions and opinions to the category based on how they feel about the game.

Of course they will sometimes know which music is from what game, but still this might be a good way to get in some music from games they might not even have considered.

I feel like UPF games should always have at least one coop/versus section. Maybe do a match every week with points to score until the end of the year.

The winner can stay at home when playing Mario Party and Dan has to play 6hours of that hacking game if he wins.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching UPF on a delay and it still boggle my minds that chips on credit and debit cards are a new thing for Americans... I haven't swiped a card in like 15 years.

Also we never have to sign for a credit cards... It's all PINs.

All I ask is that if you're going to make UPF this significant of a portion of what you get with a premium membership, put some sort of effort forward to keep it from being this much of a slog. The idea that this is the "flagship" show for premium members (at least in terms of popularity and frequency) is a bummer.

Goron2000

best junior ever
slk.gif

pizzacat

Banned
All I ask is that if you're going to make UPF this significant of a portion of what you get with a premium membership, put some sort of effort forward to keep it from being this much of a slog. The idea that this is the "flagship" show for premium members (at least in terms of popularity and frequency) is a bummer.

the only time brad does something and its the same thing as before

do you think hes stuck on a loop

Zaph

but it's consistently the top rated show on the site

we have to protest and stop watching it

I think I might finally be growing tired of Giantbomb after so many years; but right now Griffin McElroy alone is producing a better let's play, more innovative takes on regular long running series (Getting lost in VR worlds in Amiibo corner or Car Boys into a marble hornets knock off) and at least 20 superior podcasts. GB really needs to shake things up content-wise because right now their best stuff is let's watch old videoes/old demos in segments that aren't as good as game room quick looks. I need the old Too Human/our Friday show is going to be an utter shitshow/lets play DS on Roller Coasters GB.

This post is dedicated to Breezy.

sell gb to jeff jarrett

I hear Eddie Vedder is in talks to buy GB, but has to compete with IGN who are only interested in the tape library.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ideas for things replacing the dead upf

- old console stream
- us vs them more regularly
- some kind of tournament stream
- mario party

Maybe they could change up what they do each week. They clearly know when stuff works and when it doesn't, they need to take and not long nor hard look at upf and realize it's not working out.

Johndoey

Banned
I was thinking about the best music GOTY category. I was thinking they should all bring select tracks from the game they want the crew to consider and not say the game. Then they all decide on the best music they heard, then reveal the game. That way they wont bring any preconceived notions and opinions to the category based on how they feel about the game.

Of course they will sometimes know which music is from what game, but still this might be a good way to get in some music from games they might not even have considered.
Yeah some prep for the music would be much appreciated, the whole "idk here's a random track off my phone" thing isn't great.

hamchan

Gosh Giant Bomb can't even make a good weekly show where they can do anything they want and then they want to criticize the genius of Vince McMahon who has millions of people watching his 6 hours of weekly wrestling + two PPVs a month.

So here is the premium output for the month of September (according to the premium video page on Giantbomb.com).

12 videos total:
4 Unprofessional Friday's
3 Video streams of the Bombcast Premium feed (for some reason 447 isn't there, but can be found on the latest video's page).
1 Breaking Brad
1 Jar Time
1 Demo Derby
1 Play Date (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)
1 Random Vinny Stream (Bionic Commando)

What wasn't in the premium page was Vinnyvania for some reason, of which there were 2 in September.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm only halfway through UPF, does the hackmud segment get any better than the confused/sleeping/disgusted Dan face?

edit: Oh christ you lot are happy this week, must be a great show

UPF is becoming the Monday Night RAW of giant bomb content.

Its a bit of a slog of a show these days.

Will the second half of the Hitman level be uploaded soon?

Goron2000

best junior ever
So here is the premium output for the month of September (according to the premium video page on Giantbomb.com).

12 videos total:
3 Video streams of the Bombcast Premium feed (for some reason 447 isn't there, but can be found on the latest video's page).
1 Breaking Brad
1 Jar Time
1 Demo Derby

What wasn't in the premium page was Vinnyvania for some reason, of which there were 2 in September.

All of that is worth the price of admission to me. Tonights show was kind of a snoozefest but I don't think it's that common of an occurence.

chogidogs

UPF is getting to TNT levels of we don't want to do a show but we have to do one.

Edit: I also just realized how much Rorie carries boring shows by just keeping up with the chat, engaging people, and just saying random things to make things interesting.

Rorie, the secret hero of UPF.

robotrock

Banned
UPF should be replaced with a live Game Tapes.

a true way to chill out at the end of the week, feeling nostalgic over old press conferences

Strax

12 videos total:
1 Breaking Brad
1 Jar Time
1 Demo Derby

Counting the Bombcast videos in the premium catagory is horseshit imo even though it is premium. UPF hasn't had a segment I liked since June so for me its 4 videos I might enjoy and 1 always enjoy in entire month. Somebody here said "ban the PC" on UPF and I kind agree unless its Drew (or Vinny).

Johndoey

Banned
Oh shit anime is back in?!

Alright let's talk about how bad the Wolverine anime was.
---

Damn this UPF is dull.

They went from near illegible text mash to a fairly slow turn based game. There's no energy today.

Anime? OK.

UPF is those episodes of Dragon Ball where Goku is just charging up a spirit ball or off training alone to pad out the season between episodes where he actually does stuff.

Top Bottom