• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

def sim

Hungover, but I just remembered I bought Forza Horizon 3 for twenty bucks. 👍🏼

It's always funny when I hear them compare download speeds on Steam to PSN or whatever because in my current setup, my Steam caps its downloads off for no reason at like 1/8th of my download speed no matter how much I change regions.

but PSN will go full blast. Sometimes I have to log on and off a couple times for whatever reason but once it gets going, it blitzes. GOG download rates shit all over Steam too.

By default, steam uses all of your bandwidth so that shouldn't be the case. Check download settings and see if you have the nearest download region selected or if you have a bandwidth limit set.

Strax

Only time I ever read GB comments is when people here say "Don't read the comments"

Giant Bomb review whatever the hell they want so I don't see the problem with other sites being selective about what they review if they have moral qualms with the creator.

Being selective has nothing to do with this, its about being professional. If Jeff would ever say that they would not review a game because of who made it I'd unsubscribe without skipping a beat.

Been super busy but got caught up with all new content save for UPF which I will later today.

So did I. Overall I would probably say it's like a 3/5 for me though. It probably became a bit too overstuffed by the end for it's own good.

Agreed.

Rorie posted
"Hey, There's A New Shirt"
2889736-img_20160914_170357.jpg

That's a pretty good shirt.

I'm probably the only person on the planet that will miss it but I am a bit sad that Alexis and Drew have run out of Halo campaigns to play during Extra Life.

You're not.

Twitter sucks 99% of the time but it really is valuable when something major happens and people need to let others know if they're OK.

Yes. If it wasn't for Miitomo I wouldn't have been there which looking at it right now, Miitomo is total meh but it's kind of fun engaging with the duders who I have been following since late 2004 as a silent fan and others who I enjoy their work as well.

Definitely listen to the Ryan-hosted podcasts if you're inclined, there's a lot of good listening there.

Yes, too good.

Have two interviews tomorrow, send some good vibes for ya boi.

Pretty late but I hope you did good.

I just had the long/worst first day of work in US history, please tell me UPF was good?

Oh...

Yes, it's one of the best time travel stories ever. The game is one slow build up to halfway and then a non-stop roller coaster ride downwards from there. The protagonist acts like a grown up manchild for a reason. Keep playing it.

It's a story that feels like it's nothing for a very long time... then all of a sudden a lot of that "nothing" will piece together and everything becomes incredible madness. I don't think it's as amazing as most people, but it's very much worth the wild ride overall.

It's like this with the Anime itself. It starts confusing and at times it feels like a slog but the characters grow on you and by the time Episode 12 kicks in it's basically is in full speed all the way to the end with the confusing things at the start all end up making sense. I loved it, don't know about "OMG AMAZING" levels of hype but I really enjoyed it.

Randomly looking at the CNET YT channel and found that there was a CNET podcast recorded in GB's new podcast room. Link

Jeff talked about it briefly on a Bombcast not too long ago.

Someone should make an OT for Danny stuff now his Patreon is up and running and he'll be doing long form videos.

Can't wait for his Ocarina playthrough.

pizzacat

Banned
I rather watch the DC universe movies with the idiot director commentary plus that daredevil Ben affleck movie than yesterday's upf

Remember that UPF where they spent a hour playing some shit flash game and then didnt have time for Jason to play God Hand?

And then they never play God Hand in any future episode?

I think maybe they are trolling with shit UPF's sometimes.

Hopefully the other position comes through as that's the one I really want.

Been there bud.

Being able to quit a shitty job I took because another better job came though was a great feeling so here is hoping the same happens to you.

"I was just playing Burai Fighter four days ago"

oh Jeff

Is that from the new Arcade Archives? Yeah... the number of times Dan asks Jeff about an old game, and Jeff responds with "I played it in [the last week]" is downright amazing.

TOGS, Jeff. TOGS! You're made for eachother.

Xater

Man XCOM 2 is great. On some level I think the GB crew would have been more it into it if it actually launched on consoles. For as much as they talk about PC games, they usually play very little of PC only stuff. Also it's way harder than the first game Firaxis made.

Meguro

Banned
I really want to try XCOM 2.
I didn't have a PC capable of playing it at release but I should see if it's on sale somewhere.

Zaph

Man XCOM 2 is great. On some level I think the GB crew would have been more it into it if it actually launched on consoles. For as much as they talk about PC games, they usually play very little of PC only stuff. Also it's way harder than the first game Firaxis made.

I played it a couple months after release, so didn't see its launch state, but damn that's a great game. Enjoyed it much more than the first.

Pulling off a chain kill with the sword is so damn satisfying.

At launch some people had problems with it, but I actually never encountered a serious bug like what some described. Just some performance hitching when there was fire around.

Still a really good game, and I didn't mind playing it at lower quality to enjoy it.

Johndoey

Banned
I bought Steins;Gate a while back, I'll get around to trying it one of these days.

I wonder where Blizzards off brand G.I Joe game is going to fall of the top ten list this year?

Top Bottom